ennie

ennie has no updates.

My Mood: Journaling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
464 hugs
given
Default Journaling

Do you journal your thoughts? Do you keep them or throw them away? When do you usually journal?

I usually journal in the morning. I write very messy and after I am done, the papers go through the shredder so that I can move on with my day.

But if the remaining thoughts follow me, I will even journal during the day (I always keep a pen and a notepad in my car) or before bedtime to empty out my thoughts onto the paper. Again, I shred them.

I never keep my journal. I can never be one of those people who open their journal and say, "This is how I felt in 2001." But I think it's neat that some people can do that.

Last edited by ennie; 01-12-2019 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: add smile
ennie is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-15-2019, 05:13 AM   #2
sarahsweets
Grand Member

sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
71 hugs
given
Default Re: Journaling

I have always been told I should keep a journal. I have tried so many times in the past and failed. I would forget about it or feel overwhelmed by it and it would be left undone. I have tons of partially started journals. Sometimes I spend so long picking out a nice fancy journal only to forget about it. I believe it would be good for me. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make it easier?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-15-2019, 05:22 AM   #3
seeker33
Poohbah

seeker33 has no updates.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
1,253 hugs
given

I've had a few journals but I only used them very rarely. Sometimes I begin and I write daily for a month or two but then I forget about it. A journal from my teen years has been helpful in therapy. I showed some entries from it to my T. I regret not writing more at the time.

I love nature, simplicity and minimalism
seeker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
2 yr Member
23.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I used to journal, ennie, but I don't anymore. Maybe I should. It's just that I seem to forget to do it... maybe because I don't see much results from it. Perhaps I should be more patient. I'm glad it's helpful to other people at least. Sending many hugs to everyone
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
LittleEarthquakes
Veteran Member

LittleEarthquakes has no updates.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
3 yr Member
125 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

For some reason I judge myself while journaling. Like I feel what I'm writing will be judged and isn't good enough even though no one else will see it.

Anyone else?
LittleEarthquakes is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #6
Sisabel
Poohbah

Sisabel always trying...

333 hugs
given

The last time I had a written journal was over 25 years ago in college. I burned it in the kitchen sink of my apartment. I had gone through a particularly rough time for many years and I remember that burning it was symbolic to me... I was moving on. I forgot all about that until just now. I would probably be embarrassed of old journals so Iím glad I burned it. The memory of moving on from that time is a good one.
Sisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #7
downandlonely
Poohbah
Chat Moderator
downandlonely has no updates.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I kept a journal for a year about 10 years ago. I tried to read it, but was just judging the naive kid I was.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #8
Sisabel
Poohbah

Sisabel always trying...

333 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEarthquakes View Post
For some reason I judge myself while journaling. Like I feel what I'm writing will be judged and isn't good enough even though no one else will see it.

Anyone else?
At first I find it helpful to re-read what Iíve written so I can think about it. Then after that I tend to judge myself too.
Sisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-26-2019, 09:04 AM   #9
BonsaiGuy

BonsaiGuy is on a mission to hunt and gather some delicious coffee beans for my love.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
193 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
Do you journal your thoughts? Do you keep them or throw them away? When do you usually journal?
I usually journal in the morning. I write very messy and after I am done, the papers go through the shredder so that I can move on with my day.
But if the remaining thoughts follow me, I will even journal during the day (I always keep a pen and a notepad in my car) or before bedtime to empty out my thoughts onto the paper. Again, I shred them.
I never keep my journal. I can never be one of those people who open their journal and say, "This is how I felt in 2001." But I think it's neat that some people can do that.

I love to journal my thoughts. However, I find it kind of funny that even though I am insistent on doing this, I hardly ever go back and read what I've written. It's almost as if the act of writing is the therapy itself. I keep a small moleskin notebook and a pen on me at all times. This is especially helpful to write down things that I actually do want to re-read later, such as a song I heard on the radio or a book someone recomends that I would like to read.

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, GAD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 85mg, Seroquel 300mg, Lamictal 200mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Cyclobenzaprine 10mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #10
AB2371

AB2371 Editing

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
156 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I have always been told I should keep a journal. I have tried so many times in the past and failed. I would forget about it or feel overwhelmed by it and it would be left undone. I have tons of partially started journals. Sometimes I spend so long picking out a nice fancy journal only to forget about it. I believe it would be good for me. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make it easier?
I found that a focused journal makes writing easier. So, for instance, start with a question, a mantra, a drawing or sketch and go from there. Don't be afraid to revisit your thoughts and make an origami sculpture from them. Personally, I keep more than one journal and visit each one throughout the year.

Believe, Listen, Earn, Think, Try, Love
AB2371 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: