Elder

ElsaMars Is going, going, gone.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Storm at the Party

First, I want to tell you that you write BEAUTIFULLY! Reading your story reminded me of reading a novel, I was on the edge of my seat and appreciated the honesty you had and willingness to see your own faults and warts. You are not pretentious and have insight into yourself very few have. If you use it correctly, it will serve you well. You know what the "best" way to handle it was but can admit your humanity....so few people have this gift.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiz-j66X74

In a world FULL OF PEOPLE *scream*

Such a charming man with the voice of an angel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iHywjTem4IY
ElsaMars is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 08-13-2017, 03:12 AM   #12
mama pajama has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
43 hugs
given

You were anxious (lack of a better word) on making a good impression on meeting a group of people that are important to someone that's important to you. I think most people are like this when meeting a new bf/gf group of friends. It's pretty natural to want to be accepted and fit it. You had a lot of alcohol in a short period of time to calm nerves/keep up with the group. This is also very common, at least in my experience! The combo of nerves/alcohol can and more likely than not, backfire. I've had it happen to me, my friends and family.
The good news is you got out of the situation and no one but your so saw your breakdown when it happened. My guess is your bf was irritated partially because you were assuming it was a bigger deal to his friends that it was.
If they are the type of people to judge you so harshly after such a short interaction then you need to decide if such people are worth getting so upset over.

Edit to add- I reread your post and replies and it seems you are very much aware of everything I said. If it makes you feel better to know, yes this does happen to others! My brother (along with everyone else in our family) has massive horrible anxiety. He was invited to my very social husbands stag party before our wedding. It was a weekend deal and lots of alcohol. All I heard afterwards was what a *** my brother was, even earning a nickname for himself! I really felt so bad as I knew he was on edge and acted poorly bc of it/alcohol. I know he was so ashamed and probably didn't want to go to my wedding 2 weeks later and face people. He went and it was fine. No one even brought up anything to him to his relief!

Last edited by mama pajama; 08-13-2017 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Added a thought
mama pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #13
Grand Member

Erebos has no updates.

My Mood:

46 hugs
given

And this is why I don't drink in the company of others...in fact I don't drink at all. You vet what I mean though.
Incidentally if your going to post on a public forum, you will get platitudes, attitude, things you don't agree with, and sometimes utter b.s.
If you are hyper sensitive to these things, posting your most delicate moments on forums,especially ones dedicated to those with mental health and personality disorders is possibly not the wisest choice to make.

We aren't mind readers, we can't possibly know what you do or don't want to hear, but most will be honest.

With regards to your post....doubt I can be much help, I don't have any female friends for the very reason I can not be bothered with the drama. It sounds like you walked into Marissa's web and wound up like a thrashing fly.
Still never mind, I would care less about what they think about it and be thankful your bf sat it out with you.
I suspect most bf's would have left their gf in the car and gone back to their friends.
I am guessing this kind of flake out is common, from what you said in your post.
I would offer some insight but I don't fancy getting it shoved back down the proverbial.

I do however wish you and yours all the best for the future. Take care.
"Thanks for this!" says: