advertisement
Unread 07-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default The only guys who get sexual attention are younger

Pretty much anytime I hear about a woman just wanting to have sex with a guy, the guy always ends up being really young. Always under 25 and more often under 21. And often times the woman is older. But it seems women never have these feelings towards guys who aren't in their younger years. I shared this concern with my therapist last time and she suggested my thinking is flawed, and that's it's probably just that younger guys post on the internet more. However I really have a hard time believing it. Any thoughts?
Shadix is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 07-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Wise Elder

divine1966 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: The only guys who get sexual attention are younger

Yes your thinking is very flawed. Agree with your therapist. That's what we were telling you all along. You are intelligent young man but unfortunately pretty much all your perceptions of life and people are faulty, very distorted. That's something you should continue working on with your therapist.

You also read too much online, usually very biased sites, then you perceive them as truth and you continue searching fir biased evidence of them being ultimate truth (none of the things you tried to prove to us all this time are true). But I dint think you deliberately do it. I think you can't help it.

Are you diagnosed with only GAD or do you have OCD tendencies? Your obsessions with the same topics are very persistent and it effects your life negatively. In fact your obsessed with finding proof of your faulty thinking. Obsession in proving it's right by searching for evidence in very unlikely places.

Read this article:
Searching for Bad News

I think it's very similar to what you are doing.

I shouldn't diagnose you but I don't think what you are doing is deliberate. I think it's untreated OCD of sorts. There are a lot of strategies you can use. Do talk to your therapist
divine1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 05:28 AM   #3
ɘvlovƎ

Crazy Hitch I feel like sheeeeeet

My Mood:

3 yr Member
10.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Where are you hearing this information? It's biased somewhat or not necessarily from reliable resources I think.
Unread 08-01-2017, 05:58 AM   #4

ReptileInYourHead is a limited edition

My Mood:

11 hugs
given

Hey shadix. Although you aren't completely wrong, you are focused on a certain demographic of the population. Youth is sexy, but the majority of people are in relationships whose partners are similar in age.
Attraction is not limited to youth, it has much to do with body language and communication.
Broaden your online reading, read up on articles/opinions that challenge the views you currently hold about sex and attraction.
Take care.
ReptileInYourHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
Grand Magnate

prefabsprout is feeling better these days

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,092 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I am so glad you discussed this with your therapist, it sounds like she has given you a very good reasoned response to your concerns. Yes I would definitely say people who brag online are a certain type of person, immature at least and possibly tending to younger - people have also been known to outright lie online. For this reason posts on the internet are not a good source of information.
prefabsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #6

moonglade has no updates.

yeah I have two middle aged female friends who have and still date younger guys. Maybe they have different priorities? Who knows? It is completely personal choice though.. IMO

People like different things.
moonglade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #7
Supreme Artisan

Artchic528 "Somewhere under the rainbow..."

My Mood:

2 yr Member
181 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
Pretty much anytime I hear about a woman just wanting to have sex with a guy, the guy always ends up being really young. Always under 25 and more often under 21. And often times the woman is older. But it seems women never have these feelings towards guys who aren't in their younger years. I shared this concern with my therapist last time and she suggested my thinking is flawed, and that's it's probably just that younger guys post on the internet more. However I really have a hard time believing it. Any thoughts?
I, for one, agree with your T. Your thinking is very flawed.

Men of all ages can have casual relationships with women. There is no age limit.

MAY THE GODDESS GRANT YOU PEACE AND TRANQUILITY!!

MY BLOG IS NOW CONVENIENTLY LOCATED HERE!!
[UPDATED: 4/30/2017]

Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #8
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Yes your thinking is very flawed. Agree with your therapist. That's what we were telling you all along. You are intelligent young man but unfortunately pretty much all your perceptions of life and people are faulty, very distorted. That's something you should continue working on with your therapist.

You also read too much online, usually very biased sites, then you perceive them as truth and you continue searching fir biased evidence of them being ultimate truth (none of the things you tried to prove to us all this time are true). But I dint think you deliberately do it. I think you can't help it.

Are you diagnosed with only GAD or do you have OCD tendencies? Your obsessions with the same topics are very persistent and it effects your life negatively. In fact your obsessed with finding proof of your faulty thinking. Obsession in proving it's right by searching for evidence in very unlikely places.

Read this article:
Searching for Bad News

I think it's very similar to what you are doing.

I shouldn't diagnose you but I don't think what you are doing is deliberate. I think it's untreated OCD of sorts. There are a lot of strategies you can use. Do talk to your therapist

I don't know if I have been officially diagnosed with anything, my current therapist hasn't been very clear on that. However she has mainly been saying it's anxiety and hasn't really brought up OCD.
Unread 08-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #9
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileInYourHead View Post
Hey shadix. Although you aren't completely wrong, you are focused on a certain demographic of the population. Youth is sexy, but the majority of people are in relationships whose partners are similar in age.
Attraction is not limited to youth, it has much to do with body language and communication.
Broaden your online reading, read up on articles/opinions that challenge the views you currently hold about sex and attraction.
Take care.
Yes I know most people are in relationships with people similar in age, but for women I get the feeling that who they want to be in a relationship with is often not the person they feel attracted to. At this point I am more concerned about women finding me attractive, not about finding someone to be in a relationship with.

My concern is more so that the type of physical attraction that makes women want to have sex with a guy with is only present when the guy is below a certain age and that the age limit is much lower than most people realize. As men, find feel the same physical attraction towards women whether they are 20, 30, 40, 50; so we often assume that women must feel the same way. But what if they don't? What if it is different for women and expecting them to feel attracted to us when we are past 30 or 25 or whatever is like expecting us(straight males) to be attracted to men? It would explain why there often seems to be a disconnect between what men and women are looking for from each other.
Unread 08-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #10
Wise Elder

divine1966 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I don't want to generalize but in my experience men are actually better sex partners as they get older simply because they have more insight and I think they become way less self-centered. But that's my experience. As well as some other women's I know. It's not something I've read on the internet.

If I wasn't married and wanted casual sex I sure wouldn't go for a 21- year-old guy or younger that that. Not because I am way older but because I can't imagine him being that great in bed lol Now if I myself was very young, sure I'd go for a young guy. I wonder what age are these women who go for such young guys.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With Quote