advertisement
Unread 08-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #21
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default Re: The only guys who get sexual attention are younger

I just took a peek at the "friends with benefits" thread on here where a female describes being sexually attracted to a male friend and wanting to have a fwb relationship. I was immediately curious about the ages involved. I take a look her other posts and as expected, they are 19-20. This is what I am talking about. I NEVER see this kind of thing happening with men past their mid 20s or so. It is always younger males, even when the female is older. So what is the explanation for this?
Shadix is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 08-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #22

Apokolips has no updates.

My Mood:

I'm pretty sure this has everything to do with older men being mature enough to not broadcast their sexual liaisons to the world.
Apokolips is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 08-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #23
Wise Elder

divine1966 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
I just took a peek at the "friends with benefits" thread on here where a female describes being sexually attracted to a male friend and wanting to have a fwb relationship. I was immediately curious about the ages involved. I take a look her other posts and as expected, they are 19-20. This is what I am talking about. I NEVER see this kind of thing happening with men past their mid 20s or so. It is always younger males, even when the female is older. So what is the explanation for this?
As someone else said that explanation is that men and women older than age you described just don't talk about it to everyone and certainly not to strangers/or don't post about it on the internet etc etc also older people mind not necessarily need advice about it as they already know how to go about it. Young people ask these questions because they don't know how to approach it.

I had several experiences with casual sex and fwb at various stages of my life for variety of reasons (wasn't interested in commitment at the moment , was too busy with school or career, was just out of relationship etc). I did it at some point in my 30s, and 40s. I post it here because of the context answering your questions, otherwise I wouldn't. I had no desire to post or ask or brag about it for no reason. its not something people broadcast especially if it's about sex.

Trust me people do whatever they want at whatever age.

Just because they don't fuss about it online, doesn't mean they aren't doing IT lol
divine1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 08-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #24
Wise Elder

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Yes I know most people are in relationships with people similar in age, but for women I get the feeling that who they want to be in a relationship with is often not the person they feel attracted to. At this point I am more concerned about women finding me attractive, not about finding someone to be in a relationship with.

My concern is more so that the type of physical attraction that makes women want to have sex with a guy with is only present when the guy is below a certain age and that the age limit is much lower than most people realize. As men, find feel the same physical attraction towards women whether they are 20, 30, 40, 50; so we often assume that women must feel the same way. But what if they don't? What if it is different for women and expecting them to feel attracted to us when we are past 30 or 25 or whatever is like expecting us(straight males) to be attracted to men? It would explain why there often seems to be a disconnect between what men and women are looking for from each other.
You need to keep talking to your therapist. Maybe show this thread to her. Your logic lacks common sense. Women can't be attracted to men past age 25? It honestly makes no sense at all. It's not real. Please do show it to your therapist
Unread 08-05-2017, 02:58 AM   #25
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You need to keep talking to your therapist. Maybe show this thread to her. Your logic lacks common sense. Women can't be attracted to men past age 25? It honestly makes no sense at all. It's not real. Please do show it to your therapist
I wouldn't go as far as to say a woman can't be attracted to a man over 25 at all, that would be easy to disprove. But it's a little more complicated than that, so it isn't so easy to disprove.
Unread 08-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #26
Grand Magnate

prefabsprout is feeling better these days

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,092 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I read the fwb thread too, and saw several mature female posters post that they had fwb relationships - these are members who have written in the past that they have relationships with similarly aged men so it's a fair assumption these fwb relationships were such too.

The thing is they were writing about their experiences in a mature manner in order to help the OP of that thread rather than bragging. It is generally the case for most people as they mature they do not brag - that is why you don't read about their experiences. But that does not mean older people are not having these experiences.

If I were not married I might well go the fwb route myself and I can safely say it absolutely would not be with younger men - they did not interest me when I was a young woman and they do not interest me (in that way) now. From my perspective you are way offbeam in your beliefs of men under 25 being considered more attractive.
prefabsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 08-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #27
Wise Elder

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Your perception of reality is distorted. Obsessively looking for proofs of something that doesn't exist is making your life pretty difficult. But I believe you can't help it.
Don't think you can just stop all this. It's no matter what we all tell you. Your thinking is irrational and you need to continue getting professional help. Glad you are in
Therapy and started meds. Hope to see improvement
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 08-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #28
Wise Elder

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as to say a woman can't be attracted to a man over 25 at all, that would be easy to disprove. But it's a little more complicated than that, so it isn't so easy to disprove.
Men and women get sexually attracted to variety of people/ages/looks etc etc There is nothing to prove or disapprove. It's common sense. Every day reality. Distorted perception of reality leads you to believe otherwise. You are convincing yourself in something that is not real. Continue therapy please and perhaps see a psychiatrist for more clear diagnosis
Unread 08-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #29
cherryberry has no updates.

Funny, I observe men acting the same way.
cherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #30
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryberry View Post
Funny, I observe men acting the same way.
Really? You don't see men lusting after and pursuing women past their early 20s for sex? Where do you live?