Elder

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: The only guys who get sexual attention are younger

I agree with the previous posters. This is just my personal opinion so nobody jump down my throat here but for me, a middle age person, to consider a 21-25 year old as a partner is repulsive. I saw an article on silver foxes on my daily news feed where the gentlemen were 50 or over and I found them far more attractive. I think you are overgeneralizing and your logic is flawed. Best wishes.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 08-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
Wise Elder

divine1966 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
I agree with the previous posters. This is just my personal opinion so nobody jump down my throat here but for me, a middle age person, to consider a 21-25 year old as a partner is repulsive. I saw an article on silver foxes on my daily news feed where the gentlemen were 50 or over and I found them far more attractive. I think you are overgeneralizing and your logic is flawed. Best wishes.
I personally I don't see what a 21-year old can offer me? As much as I enjoy young people's company, as romantic partners they would bore me to death.

The whole point is that it's all very individual. There is no cookie cutter feets all attraction rule. My husband likes women his age, some of his friends looked for much younger ladies, some people meet someone unplanned and fall in love regardless of age, some date around and some marry quick, some like casual sex and some would rather not etc etc people do whatever the heck suits THEM not what internet articles tell them to do.

Trying to find some arbitrary rule and refuse to enjoy ones life because of those non existent rules is pointless. But I do believe based on many many posts by shadix, that he has hard time stopping this logic due to something we can't diagnose online (I see ton of OCD tendencies).

That's when professional help should come in to help
divine1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #13
Elder

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I agree.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #14

Entity06 has no updates.

My Mood:

13 hugs
given

I just turned 30 and always the strongest sexual and romantic attractions I've felt were for men on average in or around their 40s and even 50s. In fact one of the men I find sexiest ever and who I'd have no problems falling in love and having a relationship with, is someone who just turned 60. No, it's not daddy issues, it was just never a taboo thing in my family, my mother also always tended to find middle aged men most attractive and that didn't change as she gets older.

Do I like "decrepit" or close minded older men? No but that's got little to do with age, I like natural athleticism and I like intelligent, curious, open minded, self-deprecating people in general(not a sculpted body btw, I don't like pumped up model types with 6 packs), the sort of sporty/active looking intellectual nerd type. White hair, no hair, normal wrinkles and maturity, neither stop me from finding a guy sexy, on the contrary, I find some men get more attractive with age.

Oh and let me tell u there's tons of women like me, it's not uncommon with women to like middle aged men, it's uncommon with men to go for middle aged women because of gender stereotyping of attractiveness and age.

So maybe there's other reasons why you haven't been successful.
Entity06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #15
Grand Member

Erebos has no updates.

My Mood:

46 hugs
given

Not true, otherwise why are most women dating of similar age or older, also remarking that a guy is sexy, means SFA.
I am definitely in the minority as a woman dating a man 10 years my junior, that I can tell you for certain.
Question..
Why does it matter if women find you sexually appealing if your not pursuing a relationship?
Unread 08-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #16
Legendary

~Christina has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
4,581 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm glad your Therapist is trying to help you,
Unread 08-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #17

The_DollMage has no updates.

My Mood:

I'm heavily involved in the Kink community here where I live and out of city/state. Obviously BDSM is a counterculture known for engaging in casual sexual encounters. I have found the exact opposite to be true. There are plenty of younger women who get attention but the older women typically get left out. Meanwhile older more experienced males get far more attention than any of the younger guys. Usually younger males lack the social prowess needed or come off as too arrogant.
Maybe you just need to search different social circles
Unread 08-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #18
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Just to be clear, this isn't based on my personal experience. It is more based on what I read about and hear from other people. I often see guys online posting about experiences they've had where women just wanted to have sex with them in the same way guys want to have sex with women. I have noticed that these guys tend to be in their teens or early 20s or telling a story about when they were in their teens or early 20s. I pretty much never hear about women having that same sort of sexual desire for males past that age. Yes I know that it is actually more common for women to date men their age or older and they are probably attracted to them. But what I am talking about is specifically the kind of physical sexual attraction that makes a woman want to have sex with a guy.

I am only 29 which is relatively young and I also look young for my age, but it is still a concern for me and it has been for years since it seems like even guys in their late 20s do not get this kind of attention from women. There are times when I become convinced by all the people denying it, but honestly the evidence keeps piling up. I just keep wondering if it is possible that this is true yet most of society seems oblivious to it.
Shadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #19
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebos View Post
Not true, otherwise why are most women dating of similar age or older, also remarking that a guy is sexy, means SFA.
I am definitely in the minority as a woman dating a man 10 years my junior, that I can tell you for certain.
Question..
Why does it matter if women find you sexually appealing if your not pursuing a relationship?
Sorry but what's SFA? That part went over my head.

Yes it's true that women tend to date guys their age or older, but it is entirely possible that the guys they date aren't necessarily the guys they are sexually attracted to. I mean, most young guys at this age I am talking about are definitely not relationship material yet, so if a woman is looking for anything serious, dating them is out of the question.

It matters to me if women find me sexually appealing or not because even though I am not yet looking for a serious relationship, I still want to flirt and casually date and maybe even hook up with woman I am attracted to. I believe that these are things that women only want to do with guys they are sexually attracted to.
Unread 08-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #20
Grand Member
Shadix has no updates.

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given

I just read something which is pretty relevant to this. It is from an article on Scientific American about a study on how males and females view opposite sex friendships.

"Males were significantly more likely than females to list romantic attraction as a benefit of opposite-sex friendships, and this discrepancy increased as men aged—males on the younger end of the spectrum were four times more likely than females to report romantic attraction as a benefit of opposite-sex friendships, whereas those on the older end of the spectrum were ten times more likely to do the same."

This can be interpreted one of two ways:

1) As women get older they are just less likely to feel attracted to or in love with men in general.

Or

2) Women are just not as attracted to men past a certain age, and when women get older, these are the men they are having friendships with.