Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication



advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
I Love You, Evy
 
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark needs prayers and hugs
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Earth...I think
Posts: 9,058 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

8 yr Member
576 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Blocked on FB

I haven't been blocked by anyone on FB since high school. I'm usually the one who blocks, and I am crushed to find out I've been blocked. I met up with a long-time friend from high school that I've had a crush on since we met. We've hooked up twice before. So he comes over and he spends the first half of the night talking about all the crazy sex he's gotten since we last met and the crazy stories that went with it. I replied, "Gee, I haven't had sex since January." So we're drinking and I admit I had too much to drink, but all my friends would vouch that I have never done anything stupid or crazy or anything like that while drinking, that I'm pretty mellow and level-headed. So we're talking relationships and I ask him what he likes in a girl, and he goes on to say everything that fits my description. So I ask him, why not us? He says, "No way, but I have to admit you're in the 'top 3' of best head I've ever had."

So I fit the description of everything he looks for in a girl, but a relationship with me is out of the question, and on top of it, I'm not "one of" the best, not "the best", but "the top 3" best head he's received. I leave the room, come back, he asks what's wrong, and I tell him, "You need to leave" and escort him out the door.

I think about it the next day, come up with a plan to talk to him and let him know how I feel, find out I'm blocked.

I don't have a question or anything, but I really needed to vent. I talked with my best friend because I was almost in tears with this whole mess and she agreed I wasn't the problem, but I feel like there is something wrong with me and that I am a bad person because of this. Is Mr. Right even in my high power's plan for me? I feel so lost and pathetic, and I feel like such a loser because of this.
__________________
"You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars...
...in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul."

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:51 AM   #2
Member
Jellyfish18 has no updates.
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 149
13 hugs
given
Default Re: Blocked on FB

If you actually like him, I don't see why you asked him to leave. It makes sense he would feel hurt or surprised and block you. If you were just feeling that shocked, I guess it makes sense what you did, too. Maybe try speaking to him when you see him next, or try and move on.
Jellyfish18 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:05 AM   #3
Poohbah
 
Hopingtrying's Avatar
Hopingtrying has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,437 (SuperPoster!)
3,169 hugs
given
Default Re: Blocked on FB

What he said was so insensitive that you are better of not hanging out with him. I can envision a guy trading "notes" about his conquests with another male buddy but it is in bad taste for a guy to talk to a girl he has hooked up with about these things. I find it surprising that he gets so much action when he seems like anything but a "smooth operator". Perhaps when you asked him to leave he was disappointed that the two of you didn't hook up or just has a fragile ego? I know it hurts but since he blocked you, he doesn't deserve to know how you feel. A Mr. Right is someone who compliments and appreciates you.
Hopingtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Sassandclass has no updates.
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 583 (SuperPoster!)
Default Re: Blocked on FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
I haven't been blocked by anyone on FB since high school. I'm usually the one who blocks, and I am crushed to find out I've been blocked. I met up with a long-time friend from high school that I've had a crush on since we met. We've hooked up twice before. So he comes over and he spends the first half of the night talking about all the crazy sex he's gotten since we last met and the crazy stories that went with it. I replied, "Gee, I haven't had sex since January." So we're drinking and I admit I had too much to drink, but all my friends would vouch that I have never done anything stupid or crazy or anything like that while drinking, that I'm pretty mellow and level-headed. So we're talking relationships and I ask him what he likes in a girl, and he goes on to say everything that fits my description. So I ask him, why not us? He says, "No way, but I have to admit you're in the 'top 3' of best head I've ever had."



So I fit the description of everything he looks for in a girl, but a relationship with me is out of the question, and on top of it, I'm not "one of" the best, not "the best", but "the top 3" best head he's received. I leave the room, come back, he asks what's wrong, and I tell him, "You need to leave" and escort him out the door.



I think about it the next day, come up with a plan to talk to him and let him know how I feel, find out I'm blocked.



I don't have a question or anything, but I really needed to vent. I talked with my best friend because I was almost in tears with this whole mess and she agreed I wasn't the problem, but I feel like there is something wrong with me and that I am a bad person because of this. Is Mr. Right even in my high power's plan for me? I feel so lost and pathetic, and I feel like such a loser because of this.


Awww Hun, this may be hard to hear... but you're being played by a F*#k Boy.
Think about all the details you've given...
1) he hooks up and has sex with various girls all the time, probably keeps them on a string like you
2) he keeps you on a string for when HE wants you
3) he compliments you/ then degrades you JUST enough to keep your heart and thoughts in confused limbo (you're "one of 3" of his best head?? Ughh! What a loser thing to say)
4) as soon as you start getting into a mature discussion about relationship status (a perfectly normal question at this point) he runs for the hills

The question should not be why he is how he is. The question you should ask yourself is why don't you feel you deserve better?
Sassandclass is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
Wise Elder
 
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 9,620 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

2 yr Member
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Blocked on FB

He is trash. You need to stop hanging out and hooking up with trash. Don't explain anything to him. What for? You need to start value yourself higher
divine1966 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Elder
 
Jennifer 1967's Avatar
Jennifer 1967 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 7,411 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

2 yr Member
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Blocked on FB

I'm sorry this happened to you. How obnoxious. Let him block you. He's not worth your time or energy (mental or physical). I know this whole situation has upset you but just remember that you deserve better. I think better will come along for you. It's not you. I hope you start feeling better about this soon.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
Grand Poohbah
 
starrysky's Avatar
starrysky has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Outerspace
Posts: 1,624
3 yr Member
1,297 hugs
given
Default Re: Blocked on FB

I know you're confused and upset. But you did the right thing by escorting him to the door. He probably blocked you because you asked him to leave. You deserve 100x better.
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
I Love You, Evy
 
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark needs prayers and hugs
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Earth...I think
Posts: 9,058 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

8 yr Member
576 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Blocked on FB

Thank you for your responses. I gave him one too many chances over the years and yes I deserve much, much better.
__________________
"You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars...
...in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul."

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
I Love You, Evy
 
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark needs prayers and hugs
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Earth...I think
Posts: 9,058 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

8 yr Member
576 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Blocked on FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassandclass View Post

The question should not be why he is how he is. The question you should ask yourself is why don't you feel you deserve better?
This should be my new relationship mantra.

I DO deserve better. I DESERVE better! I DESERVE BETTER! I should stop asking why he did what he did and ask myself why I don't feel I deserve better.

This is going to resonate with me for quite a while. I need to set the standard high for friendships and relationships. I deserve it!!! Thank you.
__________________
"You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars...
...in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul."

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #10
Wise Elder
 
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 9,620 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

2 yr Member
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Blocked on FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
This should be my new relationship mantra.

I DO deserve better. I DESERVE better! I DESERVE BETTER! I should stop asking why he did what he did and ask myself why I don't feel I deserve better.

This is going to resonate with me for quite a while. I need to set the standard high for friendships and relationships. I deserve it!!! Thank you.
I personally needed therapy to figure out what I need in partners. Have you seen a therapist? Specifically to focus on friendships and relationships? It could help
divine1966 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines