Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication

advertisement
Unread 06-17-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default Feeling alone

Sometimes I wish the people in my life would just come up and ask me what's wrong when I'm feeling alone. I would just like to tell someone in my life everything that's wrong but the thing is I might have a hard time opening up to people and it would be hard to explain everything. If someone actually came up to me to see what was wrong it would be a little easier and I would feel like someone cares.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
Grand Poohbah

scaredandconfused taking things one day at a time

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Feeling alone

I can certainly understand that feeling but unfortunately it's not realistic. We can't expect people to come to us when we want them to - it's just not possible to control another person's actions. And we can't fault them for not doing what we want.

Sometimes we just need to make the effort and reach out, no matter how hard it is to do so.
scaredandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

3,976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

We're here.. if you want to talk.
MickeyCheeky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
Elder

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Could you ask the people in your life to do this from time to time if that's what you need? I agree with scaredandconfused. It would be nice but you usually have to reach out to others. Some of the people in my life are sensitive to my moods and automatically seem to know when I'm having a hard time even when I'm trying to hide it. Less so when I'm feeling alone. Others in my life are totally oblivious unless I reach out first.

Best wishes.
Jennifer 1967 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Elder
Bill3 has no updates.

8 yr Member
13.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

What's wrong?
Bill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #6

My Mood:

I tried talking to people but they weren't very understanding. I'll try talking about something that I'm having a really hard time with and people just get upset with me. I'm not sure what their problem is. Some people just wanna one up you with their problems. So I have a hard time going up and talking to people about things. On here it's a little different cause people seem nice here. I still feel like I make stupid posts though. I feel like how I feel is just kinda stupid and not a big deal but I went and posted stuff anyways cause it's better than holding everything in.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
Grand Poohbah

scaredandconfused taking things one day at a time

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodingSun56 View Post
I tried talking to people but they weren't very understanding. I'll try talking about something that I'm having a really hard time with and people just get upset with me. I'm not sure what their problem is. Some people just wanna one up you with their problems. So I have a hard time going up and talking to people about things. On here it's a little different cause people seem nice here. I still feel like I make stupid posts though. I feel like how I feel is just kinda stupid and not a big deal but I went and posted stuff anyways cause it's better than holding everything in.
How you feel is not stupid. Your feelings are very valid. Please keep posting whenever you feel like it might help, even if it's just a vent.
scaredandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
Wise Elder

Rose76 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,378 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I don't see anything srupid about your posts. We all need understanding. I'm wondering who your trying to confide in. Family? Close friends? Co-workers? There is usually, for anyone, a very limited number of people you can really pour out your soul to . . . if anyone. A lot of people just don't care all that deeply. Even people we'ld think should care, sometimes can keep you at arm's length. I don't know if it's really not caring. People often think you should just solve your own problems. A lot of people get real turned off by what they label as self-pity. That's one of the worst things anyone can convey, like "Get off the pity-pot." I don't think like that. I believe in conveying compassion. People have a right to have their pain acknowledged by others. But many think that by doing that they are encouraging weakness. That's been my impression.

Keep posting. It's not stupid.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #9

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
I don't see anything srupid about your posts. We all need understanding. I'm wondering who your trying to confide in. Family? Close friends? Co-workers? There is usually, for anyone, a very limited number of people you can really pour out your soul to . . . if anyone. A lot of people just don't care all that deeply. Even people we'ld think should care, sometimes can keep you at arm's length. I don't know if it's really not caring. People often think you should just solve your own problems. A lot of people get real turned off by what they label as self-pity. That's one of the worst things anyone can convey, like "Get off the pity-pot." I don't think like that. I believe in conveying compassion. People have a right to have their pain acknowledged by others. But many think that by doing that they are encouraging weakness. That's been my impression.

Keep posting. It's not stupid.
I just wanted to be able to talk with my friends and family but I just got talked down to. I can't find the word for it but it made people seem uncaring. They seemed apathetic towards me I dont know. I just get really mad and upset when I see other people treating people with more sympathy but they just get mad with me. I'm not allowed to have people care about me. I don't know why people treat me less than everyone else. I think it's just because I don't connect the same way emotionally to everyone else. I should be treated the same way as everyone else but I'm just treated like I'm inferior.
Hugs from:
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #10
Elder
Bill3 has no updates.

8 yr Member
13.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You are saying that you find people speaking down to you a lot, being condescending, treating you as though you are less than.

It sounds like this treatment really makes you angry. I wonder what other emotions might be with the anger. Maybe humiliation and/or shame?

Bill3 is offline   Reply With Quote