Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:04 AM   #11
ExplodingSun56 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default Re: Feeling alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
You are saying that you find people speaking down to you a lot, being condescending, treating you as though you are less than.

It sounds like this treatment really makes you angry. I wonder what other emotions might be with the anger. Maybe humiliation and/or shame?

Well makes sense to me. I'm really angry about a lot of things.
ExplodingSun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 08:26 AM   #12

NeedHaldol has no updates.

I suggest going to see a therapist and discussing your issues there. It is a safe place and they will listen to you and give you advice based on that information.

I have been through many therapists in my day - you have to find one you can trust. That is the hard part.
NeedHaldol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #13
Elder

Rose76 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,317 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Have you always connected differently emotionally? Do you have any idea why, or how you come across?
Rose76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #14

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Have you always connected differently emotionally? Do you have any idea why, or how you come across?
It's not everybody just some people. I come across as calm to people. Some people just like to put you down for having a different opinion than you do. They look down on you cause you feel bad towards different things.
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #15
Elder
Bill3 has no updates.

8 yr Member
12.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Well makes sense to me. I'm really angry about a lot of things.
What else are you really angry about?
Bill3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
Elder

Rose76 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,317 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You're saying further above that people treat you differently. You say they have compassion for others, but not for you. Do you think you get singled out to be shown no compassion? What would account for that?
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #17

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
What else are you really angry about?
I don't really want to get into that right now except that I have anxiety about people and it makes me mad. Some things I just don't wanna talk about.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #18

My Mood:

Quote:
You're saying further above that people treat you differently. You say they have compassion for others, but not for you. Do you think you get singled out to be shown no compassion? What would account for that?
I don't know. I just try to talk to people about problems I'm having in a calm way so I don't upset anybody cause I've been told it's not good to hold everything in and then people seem to get upset with me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Unread 06-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #19
Elder

Rose76 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,317 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Maybe your calmness gets taken to mean you're not really that stressed out about what's troubling you. That might lead people to underestimate the difficulty of what you're going through.
Unread 06-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #20

My Mood:

Quote:
Maybe your calmness gets taken to mean you're not really that stressed out about what's troubling you. That might lead people to underestimate the difficulty of what you're going through.
Well I'm talking about a bunch of different people here. They have different reasons for doing things. Sometimes people just don't understand what your going through and no matter how I express it there just not gonna be understanding. They come off in a negative way and are like how could you think like that? I don't really know how to explain it. It's just the way people express themselves. It's really hard to explain how people act. I've known them a long time. There just not very understanding people. It's just the way they act that tells me that. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Plus why should people assume that I'm not having a hard time because I'm acting calm. I don't really express myself emotionally cause people just get all judgmental when your emotional. But if I'm calm then I couldn't possibly be going through that much. That's just how I am. I try to not be too emotional. I should be allowed to express myself this way. If I'm talking about something thats bothering me then they should think that it could be really bothering me. People should try to be more understanding. Just cause I'm a more quiet person doesn't mean I'm not going through a lot but people will say that they have it worse. I feel my emotions just as deeply as anyone else. But then doesn't that mean I'm just too sensitive if I feel them that deeply? Yet people will try to one up you.

Last edited by ExplodingSun56; 06-19-2017 at 11:51 PM.