Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication

advertisement
Closed Thread
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Mapper has no updates.

2 yr Member
Default Here we go again with H not going to work so he can look for another job!

***DISCLAIMER*** - Not looking for suggestions to change my toxic relationship, but rather just want to vent

H hasn't been to work all week. He's been too into his video game to leave the house. I sent a message to H about whether he was at work and he sent me a frowny face. Day 3 of not working. Then he tells me "I've been looking for a temp job." Okay here we go again. I say "What kind?" He goes "Leaving options open. There's a couple of restaurants looking for cooks and asst cooks. Might be time to learn something new." Great! You'll go and work at a restaurant with crappy hours probably making minimum wage. Meanwhile you're not going to a job you already have so that you can look for a job that you want to have to get out of a job you just said a few weeks ago you really like but now they've cut your commission (the part that you never should have been getting in the first place!) and you think you need to go somewhere else. What happened to this sales rep job you were psyched about a week ago? Are you looking for a temp job between this one and that one which you swear you are going to get?? For some reason you can't eke out another month or two at this job if you are so sure you're going to get this other one ? Every time he wants to look for another job, he needs to take a week off of work without pay to spend 10 minutes a day looking at Craigslist ads for jobs that he wont' spend the time filling out paperwork for!

He even had the nerve to send me a message yesterday asking if I'd stop by his work and pick up his check for him since they seem to be the last place on earth that doesn't direct deposit!! There was no way I was doing that! I'm not lying to everyone telling them you're sick when you simply don't want to work. I'm sure as hell not going out of my way to get your check when all you are doing is sitting at home drinking and playing video games.If you can't get yourself to work then I guess you won't get your check!

Last edited by Mapper; 12-22-2016 at 04:13 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
Chat Moderator

scaredandconfused is taking things one day at a time

My Mood:

3 yr Member
541 hugs
given
Default Re: Here we go again with H not going to work so he can look for another job!

Mapper, I see nothing but negative posts about your husband. Can you tell me why you're still with him? From how you write about him, you seem to really dislike him. Maybe it's time to leave.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
Mapper has no updates.

2 yr Member
Default Re: Here we go again with H not going to work so he can look for another job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandconfused View Post
Mapper, I see nothing but negative posts about your husband. Can you tell me why you're still with him? From how you write about him, you seem to really dislike him. Maybe it's time to leave.
I won't ever leave. I'm in it for "better or worse"! He just can't stay at a job for very long because everyone or everything about it starts pissing him off. Every job starts out with "This is the greatest job! Everyone is so laid back and awesome". Within 2 months he starts getting irritated with things and within a year it's time to not go to work and look for another job.
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #4

Shazerac Is down the rabbit hole

My Mood:

70 hugs
given

Mapper your posts qualify as "here we go again." Instead of continually focusing on what your husband is doing or not doing ...stand up, walk in the bathroom, look yourself in the eye and ask "what is going on with me that I am willing to accept ongoing atrocious behavior?"

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013
Seroquel 150mg
Wellbutrin 300mg
Celexa 20mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #5

My Mood:

70 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapper View Post
I won't ever leave. I'm in it for "better or worse"! He just can't stay at a job for very long because everyone or everything about it starts pissing him off. Every job starts out with "This is the greatest job! Everyone is so laid back and awesome". Within 2 months he starts getting irritated with things and within a year it's time to not go to work and look for another job.
Why won't you leave? Why are you in it for better or worse? Is this some kind of religious conviction? Is some kind of wedding vow more important than a husband who is a total loser? Just curios.

Seroquel 150mg
Wellbutrin 300mg
Celexa 20mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
Chat Moderator

scaredandconfused is taking things one day at a time

My Mood:

3 yr Member
541 hugs
given

Quote:
Perhaps you should put a disclaimer in your posts that you're not looking for suggestions to change your toxic relationship, but rather just want to vent. It stops people from taking the time to write a thoughtful reply to someone who just wants to unload on the forums.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Mapper has no updates.

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandconfused View Post
Perhaps you should put a disclaimer in your posts that you're not looking for suggestions to change your toxic relationship, but rather just want to vent. It stops people from taking the time to write a thoughtful reply to someone who just wants to unload on the forums.
Done and done!
Unread 12-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
Mapper has no updates.

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazerac View Post
Why won't you leave? Why are you in it for better or worse? Is this some kind of religious conviction? Is some kind of wedding vow more important than a husband who is a total loser? Just curios.
Good old Catholic! Don't want to disappoint. Mom spent all that money on our wedding so want to make sure it's worth it!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #9

My Mood:

70 hugs
given

Quote:
Quote:
Good old Catholic! Don't want to disappoint. Mom spent all that money on our wedding so want to make sure it's worth it!
Alrighty then. Good luck.

Seroquel 150mg
Wellbutrin 300mg
Celexa 20mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 12-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
Wise Elder

divine1966 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
49 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Your husband sounds depressed to me. Also his alcohol consumption perhaps suggests he might have substance abuse issue. I thiknk he is in a bad place mentally
"Thanks for this!" says:
Closed Thread