Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication

advertisement

Old 10-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
Legendary

Trippin2.0 seemingly lost inside her own head….

8 yr Member
614 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: How much do you tell your partner about your past experiences?

I wouldn't fess up.

Sorry but that's just me, I'd tell him to get over himself because I'm sick of the same topic coming up for 5 years.

I would also tell him that if he just can't drop it for whatever reason, amd he expects me to accept that, then he must just accept that I will be ignoring the question from now on because I've answered it already.

Why?

Well because I smell a rat too and no good can come from this.

It's like he's itching to grab hold of something to hold over your head. If he knows you lied (which it seems he does) why not just accept it (since it has nothing to do with him) and move on since you haven't changed your story in 5 years? That would be the healthy response... Instead it's like a mini obsession he has.

No good can come from telling him what he wants to hear, I would bet my salary on it. (And I live paycheck to paycheck)

Dxd BP2 on the 04.06.2010
Dxd BPD and OCPD in 2011

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...

Last edited by Trippin2.0; 10-19-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
Anonymous59898
Anonymous59898 has no updates. Edit

It sounds like insecurity to me, does he show other signs of insecurity too? Like wanting to keep tabs on you and who you talk to?
Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #13

jimmy rich has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
117 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa86 View Post
How much of the past sexual experiences do you tell your partner?
I "shared" every single thing I could remember with my late wife because we started off with 100% honesty but, shortly after she crossed over, I learned of many unspoken details of her life which she NEVER shared with me! It's OK, since I realize that her past may have been just too painful to talk about and share with me and others while my past was easier for me to talk about even if it did and still does hurt. I suppose it comes down to what is safe and less painful to share with others or at what time to do it. Maybe, if my late wife had lived a few more years, she might have opened up and shared more of her self with me. Oh well............
jimmy rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #14
Legendary

~Christina has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
5,261 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Outside like STD's as mentioned no need to talk about your past relationship.

Nope nada zilch.

If he just can't move past whatever he is hung up on then he needs therapy to help him understand why he feels the need to know and how to get past it.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #15
marisa86 has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippin2.0 View Post
I wouldn't fess up.

Sorry but that's just me, I'd tell him to get over himself because I'm sick of the same topic coming up for 5 years.

I would also tell him that if he just can't drop it for whatever reason, amd he expects me to accept that, then he must just accept that I will be ignoring the question from now on because I've answered it already.

Why?

Well because I smell a rat too and no good can come from this.

It's like he's itching to grab hold of something to hold over your head. If he knows you lied (which it seems he does) why not just accept it (since it has nothing to do with him) and move on since you haven't changed your story in 5 years? That would be the healthy response... Instead it's like a mini obsession he has.

No good can come from telling him what he wants to hear, I would bet my salary on it. (And I live paycheck to paycheck)
Great minds think alike....
marisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #16
marisa86 has no updates.

[QUOTE=prefabsprout;5332184]It sounds like insecurity to me, does he show other signs of insecurity too? Like wanting to keep tabs on you and who you talk to?[

not really i live alone i get the usual good morning call the during the day sometimes if he's not busy,then i get the regular evening calls to say he's home and later on a goodnight call the usual, whenever i'm leaving my apartment i let him know but that's just for security purposes, he rarely checks up on me when i'm out, when it comes to my phone he doesn't screen my calls or check my messages the only time he would ask it's who is if it's like 10pm or so and messages coming in. but sometimes his jealous side shows up for instance i was at a supermarket and i saw a guy from my hometown same time the guy was passing he called and he heard the guy say good morning and asked how i'm doing,casually in pass and i replied and he was on the phone catching a fit asking who and where he from etc etc that side of him i rarely see and it comes out when he knows he hasn't been spending much time with me.
marisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #17
Legendary

Trippin2.0 seemingly lost inside her own head….

8 yr Member
614 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

[QUOTE=marisa86;5332753]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabsprout View Post
It sounds like insecurity to me, does he show other signs of insecurity too? Like wanting to keep tabs on you and who you talk to?[

not really i live alone i get the usual good morning call the during the day sometimes if he's not busy,then i get the regular evening calls to say he's home and later on a goodnight call the usual, whenever i'm leaving my apartment i let him know but that's just for security purposes, he rarely checks up on me when i'm out, when it comes to my phone he doesn't screen my calls or check my messages the only time he would ask it's who is if it's like 10pm or so and messages coming in. but sometimes his jealous side shows up for instance i was at a supermarket and i saw a guy from my hometown same time the guy was passing he called and he heard the guy say good morning and asked how i'm doing,casually in pass and i replied and he was on the phone catching a fit asking who and where he from etc etc that side of him i rarely see and it comes out when he knows he hasn't been spending much time with me.

Yeeeeeah. No.

Don't share. Just no.

Dxd BP2 on the 04.06.2010
Dxd BPD and OCPD in 2011

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote