Told guy I like him. He said he has a gf but keeps trying to talk to me. - Page 2 - Forums at Psych Central

Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 PM #11
Wise Elder

Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
29.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Told guy I like him. He said he has a gf but keeps trying to talk to me.

I'm so sorry you're hurting so much, ss86 I agree with what all the others have already wisely said better than I ever could. You've been given some great advice on this thread. I'd suggest to follow it if you can. I'll try not to repeat it too much. I agree that he probably enjoys the attention from you since he knows you're attracted to him. That's just my opinion, though. I may be completely wrong. That's just the feeling I get and of course I'm just assuming. I'd suggest to just ignore those comments if they're bothering you, or perhaps just give a short reply and try not to engage in lengthy conversations with him. If he start to become flirty with your, you may want to consider to block him on social media. If he's willing to cheat on his girlfriend, he may do the same thing to you. Just try to ignore him or not to pay too much attention to him right now, otherwise you may feel even worse. Just try to take care of yourself. Perhaps you could start looking for other people to go out with. Anything that may help you with this. You're a strong, wonderful person and you deserve to be loved and to get better Just try not to talk to him too much if you can. It may just be more hurtful to you. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this, ss86 Please don't give up. You're a strong, wonderful person. I hope things will get better soon for you. I'm sure you'll be able to get through all of this. Keep fighting! You can do this! I believe in you! We all believe in you! We're all rooting for you!
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-20-2019, 08:39 PM #12

Have Hope has no updates.

154 hugs
given
Default Re: Told guy I like him. He said he has a gf but keeps trying to talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
His commenting on your fb, in combination with messaging you and the way he is doing it, is entirely due to your professing that you're attracted to him. In my opinion his behavior while mild, is a yellow warning flag about him. It speaks volumes that he's taking the time to comment and engage with you when he already has a gf. Why? Because his whole attention is based on the fact that you're already attracted to him and it says to me that he, in spite of being involved is toying with other women in this way. Flirting off hand occasionally happens but this is intentional and purposefully done.

Best case scenario he's just enjoying your attention and means nothing by it but even so that's entirely unfair to you and is really an attempt to keep you on a string. Worst case, he's the type that now or eventually he will probably cheat on his gf and is that really the kind of guy you want to associate with?

My first wife, I met as she approached me and gave me her number, we were both young. I called her and then she mentioned she already has a bf. I told her straight up, "call me if you're single again" That was a mistake because she did, we ended up together, and pretty much the entire marriage of about 6 yrs, she cheated on me repeatedly before I finally had the solid evidence on it and called her out.

I only add my experience because people that are devoted and committed dont' play games with others that happen to have an attraction to them.

After reading your story, I agree with these thoughts. He seems to be enjoying the interest from you and is responding to it. To tell a woman "this is why we can't be together" is also very leading. I don't think you even asked him if you could be together, lol. He is being kind of a dirt bag, I think, and it's not fair to you or to his girlfriend.

I had a guy I had to break up with because he couldn't commit to me exclusively, and all of a sudden after that, he started commenting and engaging with a lot of my Facebook posts, which I took to me "please still have sex with me". Which as it turns out, is exactly what he wanted. Just sayin'.

Since he has a gf, I would stop engaging with him and move on with your life instead. But that's just what I would personally do if it were me.
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 AM #13

ss86 has no updates.

Thank you all so much for your feedback. To the person who said stop contacting him, I am not sure if you meant when he talks to me, but I would like to make it clear that since I found out he is taken I never comment or like anything on his page, and I haven't once reached out. This is all him initiating.

Also, I agree with the whole "this is why we can't be together," thing. It was about something super silly too so I am not sure if that is his way of playfully flirting, but it was a weird thing to say because it is like he has thought about it?
ss86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:14 AM #14
Legendary

Legendary
divine1966 has no updates.

3 yr Member
432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss86 View Post
Thank you all so much for your feedback. To the person who said stop contacting him, I am not sure if you meant when he talks to me, but I would like to make it clear that since I found out he is taken I never comment or like anything on his page, and I haven't once reached out. This is all him initiating.

Also, I agree with the whole "this is why we can't be together," thing. It was about something super silly too so I am not sure if that is his way of playfully flirting, but it was a weird thing to say because it is like he has thought about it?
You’d never know why he or anyone do anything. Waste of your energy.
divine1966 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:49 AM #15
Grand Poohbah

Grand Poohbah
sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

102 hugs
given

You should block him and unfollow him to avoid all contact.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 08:54 AM #16
Legendary

Legendary
divine1966 has no updates.

3 yr Member
432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss86 View Post

If he just comments on your Facebook page it doesn’t mean he initiates or engages. If you are friends on Facebook, that’s what friends on Facebook do. If you don’t want him to comment on your posts, block him and unfollow as other poster suggested
divine1966 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: