Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Puffyprue
A lonely Loner

Puffyprue has no updates.

My Mood: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with all

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
10 yr Member
1,890 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with all

People ( friends, family and ect and how long does it last?

Puffyprue is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Anonymous37781
Anonymous37781 has no updates. Edit

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with

Yes, I do that sometimes. It lasts as long as it lasts.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
Sabrina
Wisest Elder Ever

Sabrina has no updates.

My Mood: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with all

10 yr Member
2,038 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with

I agree with George. I do it often too and it lasts, well, as long as it lasts. I am pretty much isolated as it is and can go days without communicating with anyone. Except for hubby who tries to phone me once a day when he is away (which is every second week)

Crying isn't a sign of weakness. It's a sign of having tried too hard to be strong for too long.
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
nannywoofwoof

nannywoofwoof has no updates.

5 yr Member
147 hugs
given

Hell yes.
It can last weeks and is not a good time. It only happens when I am really down.
nannywoofwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
Anonymous37842
Anonymous37842 has no updates. Edit

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yes ... I require much "me" time in order to regroup and recharge my batteries. I'm no longer ashamed to state that need, and woe unto anybody who tries to belittle me, challenge me or disrupt me on it ... They'll find me permanently scarce from their lives and right quick too ... Family included.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
whatawhat

whatawhat has no updates.

5 yr Member
23 hugs
given

I isolate myself from people and it's typically when I'm tired of being used, belittled, and basically not valued as a person. I talk to my grandmother though just so she isn't worried about me. Everyone else has to wait. What's interesting is that if I don't call many people, they don't call me so I wonder how important am I really to them. (I call people I care about at least 7 to 10 days.)
whatawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Hope.Floater

Hope.Floater has no updates.

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given

I can definitely relate to wanting to cut everyone off. I guess the important thing is to search within yourself and see if you can figure out why you want to cut the communication lines.
A few years ago I got that urge to cut the ties with friends and family and focus on my husband and son. We even moved to a new area. Kind of like a new start. At the time of moving I didnít know why I had the urge to cut out everyone but I did. With time and lots of digging deep I realized I had reached my breaking point. I was subconsciously pissed off and hurt by the way people took advantage of me and used me as a door mat. Needless to say I am back in touch with everyone after a year of being away and honestly if I didnít LOVE where I lived now I would probably take off again lol.
Good luck and I hope you find the insight that you are looking for.
Hope.Floater is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
5 yr Member
2,094 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

oh, for sure.

most days

and i've even gone through periods where i've not checked my emails, logged in to twitter, checked my forums for week... then suddenly feel guilty and go do it
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
Idiot17
Poohbah
Idiot17 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,124 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yea, i close of often, usually Lasts a while, when I'm very low.
Idiot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Malachite

Malachite has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

I often have thoughts of going "off grid", i.e., totally disappearing. However, I wouldn't be missed by many. And, those who missed me, wouldn't miss me very long. I guess, cutting off communication is a moot point, i.e., there isn't much to cut off.
Malachite is offline   Reply With Quote