Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
dinkleberg
dinkleberg has no updates.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
5 yr Member
Default Re: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with

It happens at least once a month, I just feel numb and I don't feel interested in them for some reason! This feeling goes away within maybe 2-3 weeks, I have to force myself to talk to others and then I feel alright again.
dinkleberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
Anonymous53876
Anonymous53876 has no updates. Edit

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with

For me it's a catch 22 because at times I don't want to be bothered, I do alone just fine, but thenI really miss human interaction for all it's ridiculousness. I mean we humans are such POS at times and then we can be the most loving, warm, compassionate creatures.
I do my best to serve others and be there for them, but find it difficult to LET them do the same for me. I don't like expectations mainly because I never seemed to live up to all the ones my ex-wife had, but my daughter has all the normal ones a child would have (so far...doing my best to teach her not to EXPECT anything).
But to stick to the subject, yes, I do like to cut out the universe from time to time and I do that best when I am at the beach.
Oak Island NC is my Island Universe where I alone am free to be with me (and get a damn good tan!).
Hugs from:
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #23
michele#3
Grand Member

michele#3 Lurking in Seattle

My Mood: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with all

8 yr Member
70 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yes, I do go through times when I want to cut people out of my life for a while. I don't like it when I do this for a prolonged period. Still, I do need to have a least 2 or 3 hours a day to recharge my batteries so to speak. Sometimes even that seems to be not enough.
michele#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
anon21316
anon21316 has no updates. Edit

I dabble...dabbling a little now. Varied circumstances affect severity and longevity of occurrence. Unpredictable, Unhealthy and Unfun.

Understandable. [considering said circumstances]
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
Permanent Pajamas
Veteran Member
Permanent Pajamas has no updates.

5 yr Member
258 hugs
given

Right now , as a matter of fact. Someone said something to me that rubbed me the wrong way, a know-it-all.

Why can't people just admit they don't have all the answers? I sure don't.
Permanent Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
Anonymous32825
Anonymous32825 has no updates. Edit

there right now
Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #27
Schizofred
Schizofred has no updates.

5 yr Member

Im thinking about disappearing right now.
Schizofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
optimize990h
Elder

optimize990h has no updates.

5 yr Member
6,660 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Many times, I try to work towards putting on my "public face" until it becomes a habit.

(Buddy putting in his 2bits worth)
optimize990h is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #29
LadyShadow
Account Suspended
LadyShadow Went to the other side and beyond, and there is no turning back from here

My Mood: Do you ever go through periods where you just want to cut off communication with all

5 yr Member
8,179 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I disappear often from friends. I did it recently. I cut some people off. Its just something I had to do. I don't know how long I will be doing it for.
LadyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is ready for change!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
5 yr Member
4,495 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yes, this year I have pretty much cut off communication with my friends and 99% of my family, it's gotten to where I've lost a lot if not most of my friends and family doesn't even feel like family anymore. In the beginning it wasn't intentional I just started isolating myself when I'm upset but now I have a lot of times where I just simply prefer not to have communication with them at all for my own reasons
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: