Old 02-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
Dnester
Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

My Mood: Is she being hard on me

65 hugs
given
Default Is she being hard on me

So I have been seeing this therapist for a year. A couple of weeks ago she said ok we are going to have a come to Jesus meeting. She said she didnt understand why I was still embarassed to tell her things. Said I must not be telling her things I need to in session because I email alot, was kind of upset I am not accepting my OSDD diagnosis, and upset that I put up blocks to avoid dealing with trauma. Is she being to hard on me or is this true after a year seeing someone?
Dnester is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
stopdog
underdog is here
stopdog has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is she being hard on me

I think she is being manipulative or is being impatient. She is trying to force something that cannot be forced because of her feelings. Either she is trying to shock you/manipulate you or she needs to go seek counsel from her own therapist rather than taking it out on you. Either one is reprehensible in my opinion
stopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
growlycat
Therapy Ninja

growlycat has no updates.

10 yr Member
16.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Therapy is on your timetable not the therapistís. She is rushing you. Donít stand for it.
growlycat is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
piggy momma
Grand Member

piggy momma loves all pigs. ALL. THE. PIGS.

50 hugs
given

My therapists have always said ďyouíll talk when youíre readyĒ.

Thereís no point dragging the information out of you. Youíre supposed to be a team and therefore a willing participant (unless youíre court-ordered). Youíll talk when youíre ready.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
Omers
Grand Poohbah

Omers has no updates.

8 yr Member
214 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

My T called me out on withholding things from him last session. But it wasnít a come to Jesus meeting and it was not at all judgmental, nor did he assume he knew why I was not sharing things. It was out of a deep concern and caring and it opened a space for me to let him know (through email after the session) why I withheld things from him. The way he handled it made me feel supported and encouraged to at least be open about not sharing everything yet. And in my session it also came up because I email him 1-2 times a week with things that I think about after our sessions. There are going to be blocks with an OSDD Dx. That seems like a no brained to me. Anyway, I would be concerned though that having worked with her a year this is where you are at. It feels stuck to me perhaps because of avoidance perhaps because of a bad fit.
Omers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #6
velcro003
Elder

velcro003 has no updates.

10 yr Member
26 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I have been seeing this therapist for a year. A couple of weeks ago she said ok we are going to have a come to Jesus meeting. She said she didnt understand why I was still embarassed to tell her things. Said I must not be telling her things I need to in session because I email alot, was kind of upset I am not accepting my OSDD diagnosis, and upset that I put up blocks to avoid dealing with trauma. Is she being to hard on me or is this true after a year seeing someone?
1. Ridiculous. She shouldn't be a T if she expects people just to not be embarassed/ashamed and talk about difficult things easily. Give me a break. I've been seeing my T for 3.5 years and there are topics that are a no-go, and she respects that.

2. DUH. Of course you put up blocks to avoid trauma. Who wants to delve into it? That seems perfectly normal and healthy.

I'm not a huge fan of your T.
velcro003 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #7
ArtleyWilkins
Veteran Member
ArtleyWilkins has no updates.

1 hugs
given

Iím continuing to see questionable practices and skills from your therapist. Have you investigated finding someone different to work with. You seem to have consistent doubts about this therapist. There are others out there; you donít have to stay with a therapist that you do not feel comfortable about.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #8
nottrustin
Grand Magnate

nottrustin has no updates.

5 yr Member
164 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yikes. Does your T have trauma experience? One of the things I have come to realize is that just because a T deals with some types of teams patients, it doesnt mean they can deal with intense, complex trauma. I can imagine it must be really frustrating for you.

I saw T for 10 years and have been with Emdr T for 1 1/2 years. It has been a very slow process to open up and even more time to trust enough to be emotionally vulnerable. T always said that when the time was right for me and I was able to handle the discussions, she knew I would open up. There were a couple of times when I finally opened up she said that she knew there were pieces of the puzzle missing but would never push.

Things are going somewhat faster with Emdr T but it is still slow going. She completely understands why the blocks were put up. Part of it is because as a child had to put on a happy face so blocked the pain and emotions. We are working slowly to take those bricks down one by 1.

Last edited by nottrustin; 02-20-2019 at 10:11 AM..
nottrustin is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #9
Dnester
Poohbah

Dnester has no updates.

65 hugs
given

I get the feeling she may end my services today because I told her once again by email I question my diagnosis.
Dnester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #10
Anonymous55908
Anonymous55908 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I get the feeling she may end my services today because I told her once again by email I question my diagnosis.
Iím not sure whatís more concerning - being pressured to disclose more than you are comfortable with, or needing to worry about a unilateral termination for questioning your mental health treatment (and not for nothing, a service you are paying for).

Is this person helping you? Have you thought about consults with alternative therapists?