Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
stopdog
underdog is here
stopdog has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Has T ever forgotten your name?

I don't recall if the woman ever forgot my name actively - she seemed to have it written down so it was easy to check. She did forget just about everything else. She had a memory like a sieve. I doubt if she would remember my name now a year later after no longer hiring her.
I did not take it personally as such.
stopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #12
saidso

saidso has no updates.

118 hugs
given

Glowworm80, Just in case this could comfort or reassure you, I personally have a terrible block about people's names. My boss, someone who I'm dating - I just blank their name, even while I have an unusually accurate memory for every detail of our conversations, etc. Seems like early in my life my brain decided by itself that in the scale of human existence names don't matter. I do my best to trick my brain into remembering one way or another because I know that people find names important.

If I were in the role of your therapist, I would feel fine if you brought this up with me openly - because it's something that everybody in my life knows about me. Just like everyone also knows that I have an annoyingly accurate memory for everything else.

I do understand how weird and impactful it must be to go into session and have this happen!!! But it might not be as neglectful as it feels.

Best of luck!

Saidso
saidso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #13
Siennasays
Siennasays has no updates.

21 hugs
given

My T called me Rachel a few times in session. At least it was consistent lol. But one time I was in the waiting room and didn't hear her calling my name, so she snuck up beside me. I was like "omg, I'm so sorry, I was totally caught up on my phone". In session she kept calling me Rachel and I was like " Its Sienna" and she stared at me and then said "that explains why you didn't hear me calling you in the waiting room ". We both laughed it off. I've been called a lot of names over the years - Sara, Sierra, Anna. It happens.
I'm also in a profession where I should probably remember peoples names better than I do, so I often default to "hey buddy!"
Siennasays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #14
seoultous
seoultous has no updates.

My Mood: Has T ever forgotten your name?

8 yr Member
22 hugs
given

So I am alone in the waiting room and my pdoc comes out and in a questioning voice calls out my name. Granted I have seen him only 2 times previous but come on - I was the only one in the room! I expected a better greeting than that.
seoultous is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: