Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
Lemoncake
Luna's concubine.

Lemoncake is heading straight for the castle.

My Mood:

3,259 hugs
given
Default Couch 168: Live at Fjallsárlón

Welcome to the couch, old and new! A place to hang out - sometimes you get immediate feedback, sometimes you don't.

Shouting, "Cool Whip" tends to bring others out from between the cushions if you're feeling lonely.

This is a chatty thread. All are welcome. We're kind of psychologically oriented, sometimes. We try to be supportive. At times we discuss what that means.
It’s a place to plop down on the couch when you come home from work or wherever, or wake up in the middle of the night, or check in at lunch, rant a bit or not, and be among friends.

We advise you not to drink or drug and text your therapist ("T") - we speak from experience.

Sometimes the thread moves fast and you might get overlooked; sometimes it moves slowly and all you hear are crickets. Sometimes you get hugged or thanked pages later. So if it's a bigger question, you might want to start a new thread.

Grab a cushion, a spot on the floor, or an armchair in the corner and make yourselves comfy!

I have "Save yourself" playing by Kaleo. The video is shot in at Fjallsárlón a glacier lake in Iceland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCi0RHLrauU
And say nothing."

advertisement
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
Lemoncake
Luna's concubine.

My Mood:

3,259 hugs
given
Default Re: Couch 168: Live at Fjallsárlón

Quote:
So every therapist I’ve ever seen except Piaf has also read that book?

She never calls me by name. She knows it, but never uses it. I like that.

When I was in the hospital for appendicitis I woke up one morning to find myself the subject of a lecture by my surgeon to assembled students around my bed (I had an unusual case).
The doctors at our teaching hospital always have to get permission from the patient then we come marching in. Personally I would never agree to having students in any consultations.

It is surprisingly a really good book, and I found it easier to talk to people when I was younger, but sometimes I like going places where nobody knows my name.
And say nothing."

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

unaluna "President Coma Ti Chiamo" i.e., pres. watsisname

My Mood:

5 yr Member
35.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Electric_manatee - maybe use turnips in a vichysoisse instead of potato? That would make it less starchy but also more pungent - good for these old deadened tastebuds! Instead of cauliflower everything, turnip everything.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
atisketatasket
Community Support Team

atisketatasket @@ERROR

3 yr Member
8,857 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncake View Post
The doctors at our teaching hospital always have to get permission from the patient then we come marching in. Personally I would never agree to having students in any consultations.

I was 11 or 12, and my parents had already given him permission to write up my case for publication.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
WarmFuzzySocks
Grand Member

WarmFuzzySocks is made of star stuff

My Mood:

7,011 hugs
given

Turnip chips- They were delicious! Super easy. I tossed them in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, then put them on a hot baking sheet and baked them until they were browned on both sides. Salad turnips are more watery and less starchy than potatoes, so they didn't quite get crisp, but they had a mellow sweet un-turnipy flavor.

All thumbs up, even from one of my veggie haters. The other veggie hater refused to try them because "turnips are gross." More for me.

Now I want to roast them with mixed root vegetables, LT.

EM-I want your soup recipe. We had Thai coconut curry soup last night, with tofu and veggies. And I am fascinated by the idea of parsnip fries.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
Lemoncake
Luna's concubine.

My Mood:

3,259 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmFuzzySocks View Post
Turnip chips- They were delicious! Super easy. I tossed them in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, then put them on a hot baking sheet and baked them until they were browned on both sides. Salad turnips are more watery and less starchy than potatoes, so they didn't quite get crisp, but they had a mellow sweet un-turnipy flavor.

All thumbs up, even from one of my veggie haters. The other veggie hater refused to try them because "turnips are gross." More for me.

Now I want to roast them with mixed root vegetables, LT.

EM-I want your soup recipe. We had Thai coconut curry soup last night, with tofu and veggies. And I am fascinated by the idea of parsnip fries.
Can we all come to yours for dinner?

And say nothing."

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #7
feralkittymom
Un-labeled at last

feralkittymom has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,527 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Nothing like being an object lesson. My local hospital and Univ is in the midst of a major expansion of the med school, turning the hospital into a teaching hospital. I guess I have that to look forward to when I'm sick and aged!

Staph (should maybe be called "staff") is hugely contagious. It's so rampant in hospitals, despite signs and protocols for hand washing, that very recently I think it was the Joint Commission on Accreditation of hospitals is fed up and has issued a zero tolerance policy on hand washing lapses. They're now penalizing hospitals that have staph incidents. I've been seeing signs everywhere in medical settings that say, "Please ask me if I've washed my hands!" It's a blind spot I don't understand--the people who are most acutely aware of the consequences, treat it with the least seriousness. I think it's arrogance: somehow 'I as a practitioner" am immune. It's like the anesthesiologist (more arrogant in my experience than even surgeons!) who was annoyed by my hospital id bracelet while he was starting an IV, so he ripped it off saying," I think we can remember who you are!" Yeah, like there have never been patient mix-ups in surgery...
Hugs from:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
WarmFuzzySocks
Grand Member

WarmFuzzySocks is made of star stuff

My Mood:

7,011 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncake View Post
Can we all come to yours for dinner?

Yes!

una, I promise I won't serve gristle.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
whispershadow
Grand Poohbah

whispershadow "little match girl I can't help ya, you know I can't cause I'm just like ya"little matchgirl 1986

My Mood:

1,831 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

*brings strawberries into the thread to share*
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company
Old 06-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #10
fille_folle
Poohbah

fille_folle wishes she weren't.

My Mood:

659 hugs
given

I am so pathetic. I just thought, "I want my T," as I'm sitting here in my T's waiting room. What is wrong with me? Then again, that's probably the most innocuous of the refrains that keep playing in my head.
Closed Thread