precaryous
Grand Magnate

precaryous has no updates.

3 yr Member
7,301 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Survivors of Unethical Therapy

The person that seems to run the site has been on the ball.
I have read further- he is a Scientologist, in case it matters to anyone.

They are only interested in Psychiatrist misconduct, btw.

Interesting find!
precaryous is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #302
Ididitmyway
Magnate

Ididitmyway has no updates.

My Mood: Survivors of Unethical Therapy

5 yr Member
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by precaryous View Post
The person that seems to run the site has been on the ball.
I have read further- he is a Scientologist, in case it matters to anyone.

They are only interested in Psychiatrist misconduct, btw.

Interesting find!
There is also this website http://www.psychcrime.org/ I came across a long time ago and they are also operated by Scientology, I believe. It's like one cult is fighting another cult . That's too bad, because this definitely doesn't give their website the perception of legitimacy. At this point, the only legitimate and interesting website that challenges psychiatry and, sometimes, psychotherapy and has a big audience and following is MIA. But they don't keep the database of the wrongdoings. I don't think such database would be needed if licensing boards kept information about their disciplinary actions easily accessible. This information is a public record. However, it's not easy to get to it if you want to look it up free of charge. In my case, I was able to find and see the record of my case online because I knew what to look for. And even then it was tricky to get to the actual file. For a random person who might've wanted to check if my ex-T's license was in good standing, the system navigation was confusing and made it hard to get to the record. This is something that those who want to start some advocacy organization could try to change. They could push for making the system more transparent and easily searchable. Whoever wants to lead the charge and petition the boards, just let me know where to sign.
Ididitmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #303
Topiarysurvivor
Topiarysurvivor has no updates.

5 yr Member
42 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7970GHZ View Post
I am deeply saddened to hear about your experience. You are a survivor and you never deserved to be hurt. Your therapist has failed.

Have you found closure in reporting your therapist?

Thanks,
HD7970ghz
I think writing and sending the complaint was a huge step, and their answer was the best case scenario. I knew that they didn't have any authority since she had not renewed her License before I sent the complaint, so was not expecting any more.
Topiarysurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #304
scorpiosis37
Magnate

scorpiosis37 has no updates.

8 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I just started reading ďComing to Voice: Surviving a Predatory Therapist.Ē Itís really nice to find a book that resonates (in many, but not all) ways with my experience. Might be of interest to others.
scorpiosis37 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #305
HD7970GHZ
Poohbah

HD7970GHZ Primum Non Nocere

5 yr Member
1,847 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

A recent news report about sex abuse in mental health field.

YouTube
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #306
HD7970GHZ
Poohbah

HD7970GHZ Primum Non Nocere

5 yr Member
1,847 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

More links to similar stuff. I have not watched these videos, let me know if they are not appropriate.

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #307
Ididitmyway
Magnate

Ididitmyway has no updates.

5 yr Member
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I think, the links are appropriate, though some of them are disturbing, so I'd, probably, put a trigger warning next to them.

It frustrates me that the only info people get is this type of small disconnected pieces of some cases here and there outside of the broader context. That's why I don't really like watching this stuff, frankly, because those videos don't supply any further information that discuss the issue on the broader scale and they have more of a sensational rather than informational quality, so there is nothing productive you can do with those videos.
Ididitmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #308
scorpiosis37
Magnate

scorpiosis37 has no updates.

8 yr Member
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I wish, if I wanted to look for a new T, one of the specialties to look for was ďtherapist abuse.Ē There are a million Tís who specialize in depression, anxiety, and even trauma. But I canít find one who is willing to discuss trauma caused by abuse from a former T. There are no lists of therapists who do this work and whenever Iíve reached out to Tís to ask about this, they say ďthis is the first time Iíve ever heard of anything like this. Unfortunately, I donít do this.Ē
scorpiosis37 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #309
Anonymous55908
Anonymous55908 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiosis37 View Post
I wish, if I wanted to look for a new T, one of the specialties to look for was ďtherapist abuse.Ē There are a million Tís who specialize in depression, anxiety, and even trauma. But I canít find one who is willing to discuss trauma caused by abuse from a former T. There are no lists of therapists who do this work and whenever Iíve reached out to Tís to ask about this, they say ďthis is the first time Iíve ever heard of anything like this. Unfortunately, I donít do this.Ē
I had excellent luck gaining understanding with someone who practices extremely scientifically. I tended to make other psychodynamic therapists extremely uncomfortable.

I think most therapists have client failures theyíd rather forget, and seeing someone in front of them in extreme pain gives them exposure to what goes on after the failures walk out of their lives and stop making appointments. Iím guessing itís gutting to listen to. Thus, a therapist has to be pretty solid with themselves to Ďgo thereí.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #310
BudFox
Grand Magnate
BudFox has no updates.

3 yr Member
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiosis37 View Post
When I investigated this, it made me realize how sick the profession is.

I went thru a long list of therapists trying to get help with damaging therapy, and almost all went into client blaming mode unconsciously, or tried to change the subject. Most seemed to have never considered that these weird, hierarchical, personal-clinical relationships could be harmful. There was an almost child-like lack of awareness. Or they were like religious zealots who could only think in terms of the gospel. No doubt of a few of them knew the truth and pretended not to.

I did consult with two therapists on the phone who claim to specialize in therapy ruptures. One was careless and stupid, and the other was guarded and said almost nothing of substance.

The whole experience post-sh*tty therapy was pathetic and pathological in nearly every way, including my own assumptions and expectations. Extreme irony that this mess was supposed to somehow produce healing. Healthiest thing I ever did was to reject it and walk away.
BudFox is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: