Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #51
Fabrice POULEQUIN
Fabrice POULEQUIN has no updates.

My Mood: Welcome to the Psychotherapy forum

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome to the Psychotherapy forum

I'm Fabrice POULEQUIN. I'm french but living now in Vietnam with my mommy . nice to meet all there
Fabrice POULEQUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #52
Alley80
Alley80 has no updates.

5 yr Member

I'm no doctor but I believe we all deserve to be happy, if you are not happy in your life you should make changes
Alley80 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #53
foreverg
foreverg has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given

What do you do if u cant see a therapist?
foreverg is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
ECHOES
Legendary

ECHOES has no updates.

10 yr Member
1,052 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi, foreverg, and welcome to PC!

I'm glad to see that you posted below.

To others who are new, I encourage you to post below, by clicking on New Thread, so you will be more likely to receive replies.
ECHOES is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #55
gothika123
gothika123 has no updates.

5 yr Member

I am kinda new and where I live it's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep so,the
gothika123 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #56
kimpossible45
kimpossible45 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Smirk Re: Welcome to the Psychotherapy forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;28582
I don't know where to go. I have a relationship that has some abuse, but not physical, at least people that know me tell me he needs to be medicated, he's a control freak and I need to get help, but I truly don't see the abuse much. I do and I don't, there are reason's for my husband's behavior and I feel for him, but I want out and I am scare to do it. Therapist are expensive (no ofense) and I know I cannot do it alone. I am in St. George, UT.
Any help?
there are many free or sliding scale therapists out there ,,also medication will help him.......but if you are in need of help local govt offices can direct you ..call 211
kimpossible45 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #57
susan900
susan900 has no updates.

5 yr Member
10 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Well, I'm amazed we didn't start this forum earlier, as people seem to have many questions about psychotherapy, how to get started, how to find a new therapist, knowing when to end therapy, etc. etc.

Here's a forum to share your psychotherapy experiences and help others understand what to look for in quality psychotherapy. Here's some background reading:
<ul>[*]How to Choose a Therapist[*]Distinctions Between Therapists' Degrees[/list]Enjoy!
DocJohn
Hi DocJohn,

I am quite new here. I was having Cbt therapy for Ocd-which I have had for over 20 years. Anyway, my therapist was really good at helping me, ( I felt)but my therapy is ended untill November, (I am in Uk).

Anway, near the end of my sessions this July, I felt attachment and feelings for my therapist. I was really worried, as this has never happened to me before. I checked out on here, what was going on, read about transfrence etc..

Then I phoned my therapist, and though was not sure whether to tell him, I did tell him. He was okay, but the week after it was my last session for now. I felt very nervous and unable to talk about How I felt. My therapist said contact me later in the year. And when I got home, I phoned him, and said, im all confused how will I cope? I need to talk through my feelings. He said, we need distance at this time. So he said, you can call me to let me know how you are.l I called next day and was quite emotional. And then he said he wud call me a week later. But I thought he was avoiding me, so called myself. and he said, how many time did you call? I had called twice to get to talk to him that day, and he was busy. I said sorry and felt awful. Later on that day i text that I will deal with my own problems as he is cross at me, But later on in the week, I phoned the office and said i was upset, so ignore the text I sent. then next time, I phoned to ask if my therapist will still help me on November( when I have therapy again). My therapist supervisor would not let me speak to my therapist. I was felt so upset. I am no danger to him. And she said I have called too much. This caused me alot of upset. And I have not been able to speak to my therapist and I really did start to trust him. Now My doctor has sent a letter on my behalf. Asking my therapist to still help me when I can have more therapy. I have not been phoning too much now, last time I spoke to therapist, she said write down that I dont need to phone them for reassurance. And I am trying to do that. So any advice you have will be most welcome. Thanks.
susan900 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #58
jamesellis
jamesellis has no updates.

5 yr Member
Angry Re: Welcome to the Psychotherapy forum

I terminated with my therapist 20 years ago. At that time she broke my confidentiality and perpetrated lies that cost me, a therapist my license.

Three weeks ago I helped organize a dinner and public presentation. It tuns our, unknown to me, she was friends with the presenters, and, told them she did not want at the dinner; I was ejected from a dinner I helped organize. She then went on to talk about me, and make up descriptions that were not true, but scared our guests, her friends.

She has continued to talk about me, even sent 6 emails to a friend of mine to forward on to me; unbelievable!

I worked as a therapist years ago, correct me if I'm wrong but she has committed a breach of my confidentiality, and by emails forwarded to me, has also committed an invasion of my privacy.

jamesellis
jamesellis is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #59
trotter
trotter has no updates.

5 yr Member
Unhappy Re: Welcome to the Psychotherapy forum

i am currently undergoing what is known in the trade as sympton formation as a result of regression due to unsatisfied libido expression. can anyone comment on the efficacy of group therapy for restoring one' ego?
trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
lonelyBchoice
lonelyBchoice has no updates.

5 yr Member
26 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
i am currently undergoing what is known in the trade as sympton formation as a result of regression due to unsatisfied libido expression. can anyone comment on the efficacy of group therapy for restoring one' ego?
Nope but I would love to hear what others have to say. Esp. about regression
lonelyBchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: