Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
Catgotmytongue
Catgotmytongue has no updates.

My Mood: Can some side effects wear off? (Taking Rexulti)

2 yr Member
Default Can some side effects wear off? (Taking Rexulti)

Trialling Rexulti atm. Cousin to abilify which wasn稚 great for me. I知 anxious because meds almost always have side effects hard to cope with, and I think I have mild nausea but I知 only on a small dose of 1mg. . Is nausea the kind of side effect that wears off after a while? Also feeling a little tense/uncomfortable but that could be the anxiety
Also wondering, probably a vague answer to this, but when do side effects normally kick in?
Catgotmytongue is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-09-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
splitimage
Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

10 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Can some side effects wear off? (Taking Rexulti)

When I started Effexor, I had nausea for about 2 weeks, and then it went away as my body adjusted. I've had mild side effects from all my meds when I've started them, and I'd say about 3/4 of them went away within a few weeks, while others have remained permanent but manageable.

Hope this helps.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favorite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

As some of you may know, my blog is currently off-line due to some problems at my previous site host. I'm working with my web master to rebuild and get back on-line.
splitimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #3
LucyD
Poohbah

LucyD has no updates.

3 yr Member
620 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgotmytongue View Post
Trialling Rexulti atm. Cousin to abilify which wasn稚 great for me. I知 anxious because meds almost always have side effects hard to cope with, and I think I have mild nausea but I知 only on a small dose of 1mg. . Is nausea the kind of side effect that wears off after a while? Also feeling a little tense/uncomfortable but that could be the anxiety
Also wondering, probably a vague answer to this, but when do side effects normally kick in?
I usually get side effects within a few days. I am taking Rexulti, too.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
Catgotmytongue
Catgotmytongue has no updates.

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
When I started Effexor, I had nausea for about 2 weeks, and then it went away as my body adjusted. I've had mild side effects from all my meds when I've started them, and I'd say about 3/4 of them went away within a few weeks, while others have remained permanent but manageable.

Hope this helps.

splitimage
Yes Thankyou that is helpful. Glad that most of them went away. Just the uncomfortable feeling bothers me I usually think to stop it but maybe if I知 patient enough it will settle. Thanks again
Catgotmytongue is offline   Reply With Quote