Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

My Mood: Trying to get off Ambien

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Trying to get off Ambien

Latest meds at night: ambien 5 mg, calcium 600 mg, magnesium 300 mg, diazepam 4 mg

These are the meds I am taking to help with sleep. Tried a few nights on melatonin and found out it wound me up. Also found out two of my sisters and one of my brothers have experienced the same effect.

Doing well with sleeping. I have found I do better with sleep if I read in bed for 30 minutes or so. However the book I am reading now is so good that I find myself reading easily for an hour.

Plan to continue titrating down on the diazepam 4mg this week. Continue to stay on the 5 of ambien until I see psychiatrist in five weeks.
True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Deejay14 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #82
Shazerac
Grand Magnate

Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.

3 yr Member
1,895 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Melatonin can be iffy. At higher doses itís actually activating instead of helping with sleep. My doc told me to take no more than 3 mg. I had to go cold turkey from ambien because it was making me do weird things. I woke up with food in my bed. The worse was I got up and decided to get roaring drunk. I donít do this when Iím in my right mind. My husband woke up and found me staggering around the house wearing only one shoe and drinking straight from a bottle of Jamesonís whisky. I could have accidentally killed myself from the alcohol med combo. It was terrifying.

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.Ē Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013 -
Seroquel 100
Celexa 20 mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 100 mg

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #83
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Not happy with me..took 10 mg 2 nights in a row!! Gotta get back to 5 mg.
True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Old 04-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #84
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Last night's meds: ambien 5 mg, ativan 0.5 mg, diazepam 4 mg, calcium 600 mg, magnesium 300 mg.

Took an ativan because it works pretty fast for me. Had a good night's sleep. Tonight plan is for no ativan but all other meds the same. Got everything done I needed to get done including adding a short walk with the walker of 205 full steps with my strengthening program. About half way down a street I am working my way too the end and then all the way back down to where I parked the car.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #85
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Last night's meds: ambien 5 mg, diazepam 4 mg, calcium 600 mg, magnesium 300 mg,
remeron 30 mg ( not originally prescribed for sleep)

Good night and great day. All is well! I feel like me and have been having productive days. Still sticking with plan to stay at 5 mg of ambien until I see psychiatrist on 5/18/18. Will continue to titrate diazepam weekly. Sunday night diazepam will be at 3 mg for the week.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #86
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Last nights meds: same as above entry.

Well I did not sleep great last night. Got about 4.5 hours. Got breakfast at 8:30 and went back to bed to watch tv. Had a short half hour nap at 11 am and then got ready for the day.

To be honest today I just want to get this whole ambien thing over with but I don't want to go back to the really bad headaches and not feeling like me. Just a little over four weeks to my appointment. It just seems too long today. It's just seems lot me it has been a long haul but everything I have read says slower is better. I am thinking when I go to the appointment I can ask for 5 mg Ambien and then cut that in quarters which will hopefully be slow enough to skip the headaches. Just a bit frustrated today.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #87
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I s*ck! Mad at me. I couldn't sleep for anything so I took an extra 5 mg of ambien with 0.5 mg of ativan...no results....took another 10mg and now it's,well after minutes. Finally sleep. But not worth it to be mad at me. I will put out my ambien and lock the rest up again. Thought I got past that.

Last nights meds 20 ambien, 3 mg diazepam, 0.5 mg ativan, 600 mg calcium, 300 mg magnesium, 30 mg Mirtazepine.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #88
~Christina
Legendary

~Christina has no updates.

5 yr Member
5,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

There is no way to get off it than a slow taper... and some sleepless night.

Can you devise a plan with your doctor?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #89
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I have a plan, Christina. I just got so uneasy being awake. Just wanted to stop my thoughts. Tonight I will read a little bit I hope but my head is pretty tired. I'll have to take out what I am scheduled for and lock up the rest. Overall I have done well but I just got freaked out about not sleeping. Don't know why..didn't have to get up for anything today. Sunday night's are still hard even though I am not working anymore.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #90
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
32 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Meds for 4/16- Ambien 5mg, calcium 600mg, magnesium 300mg, mirtazepine 30 mg, diazepam 3 mg.

Slept well. Felt good all day. Very productive.