Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
Eracgirl
Newly Joined
Eracgirl has no updates.

Default Help me understand my boyfriend please

Hello. I just had a baby with my boyfriend or I would just leave this relationship. I have been with him a year and have noticed some things . He is in denial and am hoping someone is fimilar with his behaviors and could point me to where I should be looking for help. Iíll try to be short :
First he hated my 17 year old son said he stole things. And then picked on him for everything even made him walk three hours a day after school to meet friends . Son moved out started blaming daughter for same things ( sheís 14)..before my son moved out he had a great relationship with my daughter. He told me he even broke my sons Xbox because he hated him so much ( we thought for months it was just a defect) now he apologized to my son and blames it all on my daughter. We broke up and he called my daughter friend telling her he always liked her that it was me who didnít like her and that he buys everything for the kids( when itís really me ) he even planted drugs on my daughter. He took a lie decetor and failed . Claims he didnít understand questions. We know he has anger problems and he admits to being very jealous and possessive of me . He tracks me blocks peoples numbers . When we broke up he even called my job got me fired and had my car towed . He claims he did that to relieve my stress from my job . Heís always super obessed with having a family and being in love with me . What is the lies with my kids and why will he not tell the truth . I am not sure if he is safe to be around or if this is a mental disorder we can solve . Anyone been thru similar? I really want to make this work I think he is a good person just has issues . He also said he didnít kill a family pet but when we were arguing called me with the lizard dead and said you have no idea what Iím capable of . He claims he didnít kill it that it died of natural causes but he did dissect after its death because he was bored
Eracgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison

healingme4me Needs a little reading lamp.

My Mood: Help me understand my boyfriend please

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help me understand my boyfriend please

Why subject your kids to his behaviors?
healingme4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
Hobbit House
Grand Poohbah

Hobbit House Walking the path...

3 yr Member
739 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Run away fast. This constitutes stalking, you need a restraining order on him. Otherwise there is no way of knowing what he will do next! He already said ď you donít know what Iím capable of!Ē I would believe that! Heís making excuses for his behavior. I wouldnít believe a word that comes out of his mouth. This is a very dangerous situation to be in. Not just for you but for your family. Iím sorry to give you such bad news, but I donít think heís safe to be around.
Hobbit House is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-31-2018, 05:17 AM   #4
Arbie
Poohbah

Arbie has no updates.

288 hugs
given

It's easy to understand. He's a mean, manipulative @$$hole who makes himself feel powerful by bullying and intimidating others.

Things like this aren't usually caused by a mental disorder, but even if it were, we need to let go of the notion that we must put up with somebody's behavior just because they're "sick" and "can't help it." What if it were a different set of symptoms? If this man were prone to hallucinations, and thought your baby was a poisonous snake that was biting you, of course it wouldn't be his fault. But you wouldn't just stand there patiently and let him harm your baby, thinking he's killing the snake, would you?

The best thing you can do for your teenagers AND your new baby is to get away from him and don't look back. Document everything so he can't lie about it later. Because if you stay, you're teaching sons that this is how they should treat women, and you're teaching daughters that this is how they should expect to be treated.
Arbie is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: