Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #41
New Member
TeeEssDee has no updates.
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1
Default Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

I am married to a man, our second marriage, 15 years older with Histrionic PD. He truly has every symptom. I get so exhausted by his daily attention seeking. My father lives with us and completely sees all the same symptoms. He was formerly diagnosed BPD years ago, but I definitely see more Histrionic. His reactions to everything are overdone, both good and bad situations. The "in your face" behavior to get attention for wvery little thing drives me, my father and my kids crazy. We all do our very best to be kind, but he is clearly the broken link in the household. Everyone tries to escape too much time with him. He's always attention seeking and always a victim. He is retired. I still work. He does no cooking, no cleaning, no finances, no important decision making. His contribution to chores is fitting for a 10 year old but he wants praise for it as though he runs he house! In short, I am exhausted.
TeeEssDee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #42
New Member
pdirks's Avatar
pdirks has no updates.
Member Since: Oct 2018
Location: ok
Posts: 2
1 hugs
Default Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

Looking for the right forum. I am a caregiver for someone who has BPD.
Thanks Pam
pdirks is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.


HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines