Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders - Page 3 - Forums at Psych Central

Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM #21
Magnate

Magnate
NWgirl2013 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,327 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

what was I thinking? I guess no one understands

Hello? Is this thing on?
NWgirl2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM #22
Magnate

Magnate
NWgirl2013 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,327 hugs
given

I am as strong as I need to be. I will stay true to myself, true to my faith. If my partner chooses to destroy a perfectly good union, I cannot stop that destruction anymore. It is not my wish, and not what I wanted for my life & future. But I will survive. Sadly, but surely, I will.
I am notanymore.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 AM #23

Mariatuca has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given

Hello, my husband has Tourette's. I am here for social support and ideas for copping with such.
Mariatuca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 PM #24

OuttaControl2 has no updates.

5 yr Member
4 hugs
given

Hi Dr. John! My partner has bipolar disoder and borderline personality disorder (I myself have been diagnosed bipolar 2 ) anyway what I was looking for was a little info on borderline because neither one of us really understands this diagnosis and she is currently in an inpatient facility and is attempting to get help so how do I help keep the ball rolling forward for her when she comes home?
OuttaControl2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:52 PM #25

Lifew/D has no updates.

5 yr Member

Hi, i just joined & I'm feeling really frustrated about my husbands bipolar disorder. I'm starting to believe my husband is right & that i will never understand his disorder. I almost don't want to understand anymore, but i still love him. I know i don't have the right attitude about how things are going & i just have an overwhelming feeling to get away. Things have went down hill again & my husband has shut me out again. This means we are not communicating & it's killing me inside. Please help before i make an incredibly stupid spure of the moment desicion that I'll surely regret later.
Lifew/D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM #26

clerk has no updates.

5 yr Member
Confused Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

My husband of 7 years just told me he is mentally ill. He has gotten progressively angrier, colder and more explosive over the last year and I knew something wasn't right and now he tells me he has "blackouts" and doesn't remember what he says to me. He threw things at me the other night and broke a chair back right off and it hit me in the head and he says it never happened but then admitted he has these "blackouts" where he has no memory of yelling at me or throwing stuff or asking for a divorce etc etc and I can't stop crying and am at my wit's end. WHAT is WRONG with him? He can be fine and calm but rarely happy, then gets silent and depressed, or he will work his rear end off around the house in a frenzy of activity, then do no activity for days and wants to sleep all the time...WHAT is going on? Can you help?
clerk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:37 PM #27

Banoffee has no updates.

5 yr Member
Red face Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

Hi I'm new here do finding my feet... I'd really like to find a few willing and experienced people caring for and enduring the roller coated of living with a loved one with BPD or other Personality Disorders. I really think it will help to share with someone I can build a rapport with. I don't expect any restrictive commitment just support from people who 'get it'...
Hoping to hear from someone...
Banoffee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:22 PM #28

kp1152 has no updates.

5 yr Member
15 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
If you're someone who's in a current relationship with someone who has a personality disorder, or someone who's had a past relationship with them, this is a forum to share experience, coping tips, and more.

Please keep in mind -- we're a place for mental health support. Be respectful when discussing these issues and try not to generalize.

DocJohn
Hi Doc John I'm really in a situation. I have bipolar and GAD . MY husband wants his sister to live with us. She has Dependant Personality Disorder and Borderline PD. I'm having a difficult time dealing with this. I have a 13 yr. old stepson as well. He has ADHD with poss. bipolar. I just want to get healthy. I'm a retired RN now on disability due to bipolar. So it would definitely help to have his drug. ins. I love him but this is definitely difficult to adjust to this ideal Our house is small. We plan on moving in the future to a bigger house. Has anyone had a similar situation or just some ideals on how to handle this. Especially feeling like I'll never have my husband to myself. He feels a need to take her on a separate Valentines Dinner since she's never been married and alone no real friends. Works at Walmart 51 yrs. old but a child in many ways. Am I asking to much . Someone please help.
kp1152 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM #29

kp1152 has no updates.

5 yr Member
15 hugs
given
Exclamation Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerk View Post
My husband of 7 years just told me he is mentally ill. He has gotten progressively angrier, colder and more explosive over the last year and I knew something wasn't right and now he tells me he has "blackouts" and doesn't remember what he says to me. He threw things at me the other night and broke a chair back right off and it hit me in the head and he says it never happened but then admitted he has these "blackouts" where he has no memory of yelling at me or throwing stuff or asking for a divorce etc etc and I can't stop crying and am at my wit's end. WHAT is WRONG with him? He can be fine and calm but rarely happy, then gets silent and depressed, or he will work his rear end off around the house in a frenzy of activity, then do no activity for days and wants to sleep all the time...WHAT is going on? Can you help?
Sounds like Bipolar. I have it . He needs medical attention now. I would make it a deal breaker that he get treatment & therapy. You cannot put yourself at risk. Best wishes K
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 PM #30

kp1152 has no updates.

5 yr Member
15 hugs
given
Shocked Re: Welcome to Partners of People with Personality Disorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifew/D View Post
Hi, i just joined & I'm feeling really frustrated about my husbands bipolar disorder. I'm starting to believe my husband is right & that i will never understand his disorder. I almost don't want to understand anymore, but i still love him. I know i don't have the right attitude about how things are going & i just have an overwhelming feeling to get away. Things have went down hill again & my husband has shut me out again. This means we are not communicating & it's killing me inside. Please help before i make an incredibly stupid spure of the moment desicion that I'll surely regret later.
There is a site called Bipolar Manifesto it helps family and the Bipolar individual deal with relationships I hope this helps I have Bipolar. Bipolars need to help themselves as well. Don't be abused. You may have to remove yourself at times. Best Wishes K