Psych Central

There's a Live Chat Happening Now!

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #11
bodhisagan
bodhisagan has no updates.

Default Re: BP2 Girlfriend in Denial

Good luck, I would say progress and compliance should be absolute rock bottom boundaries you should set worth her, or at least that's my opinion. Regardless of her diagnosis, if she has no accountability you make her a sub-adult, and you set yourself up for abuse. I hope this commitment to therapy pays off.
bodhisagan is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #12
pcrdude
pcrdude has no updates.

So far, things are going well. We are enjoying our times together, and small disagreements stay small. I sense improvements overall, but still want her to have talk-therapy. Her next pDoc appointment is in a week or two, so I will ask her to have the pDoc recommend a tDoc. It's up to her if she does so.....
pcrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #13
pcrdude
pcrdude has no updates.

Update:

I think there is BP2 comorbid with a Cluster B PD. Since I have experience with a borderline in my past, I had to terminate the relationship, and go no contact. Itís been a month, but I still think about her all the time. I donít know how long my recovery is going to take, but I now know that she love-bombed me, then devalued me, then rejected me over repeated cycles. I also know that I MUST NEVER GO BACK TO HER.

Any comments, advice or supportive comments are welcome.

Iím quite sad.
pcrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:59 AM   #14
luvyrself
Veteran Member
luvyrself has no updates.

3 yr Member
44 hugs
given

A bipolar person MUST have both a pdoc and a therapist. IMPORTANT: ANTIDEPRESSSANTS CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS FOR BIPOLARS because they can push us up too high. If I can find a way to go off mine, I would but i cant take certain drugs. We have to have a stabilizer medication.
I would recommend yr girlfriend get bipolar 2 workbooks on Amazon to help her break down her disorder. Coping techniques are different for the depressive stage and the hypomanic stage. Some of us have mixed episodes.
Read everything u can about the disorder, but look for very current copyright dates because there are new drugs and new theories.
Xanax as needed
luvyrself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #15
luvyrself
Veteran Member
luvyrself has no updates.

3 yr Member
44 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
Last night I mention to her that I was "tempted" to get a puppy I saw online. She said "if you got a dog, it would be a deal-breaker". So, the controlling behavior is still there. I'm guessing the hypomania is making her irritable. She also told me that she is never going to file her annulment paperwork. When she said that, I hung up on her. She texted asking if I hung up on her, and I texted back that I won't put up with that kind of behavior. We have plans for this weekend, and I don't know if I can hang out with her while she is in this state.

I'm at an all time low for hope in the relationship....

ó-Getting a puppy is a big deal. They take an astonishng amount of care. I have been thinking about doing this myself. And they chew everything up. I have owned 3 dogs and cats are so low maintenance. If she thinks she will be stuck walking the dog, she is mature to speak up. You really shouldnt just let them out to the yard. A puppy amidst all yr current problems???????
Please do not hang up on a bipolar person if you have any hope of making this work. That is just going to give you more grief. She will obsess about it for sure.
Xanax as needed
luvyrself is offline   Reply With Quote