Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 01-10-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
stopchewinggum
stopchewinggum At long last, there is nothing and no one, except me and the abyss

3 yr Member
12 hugs
given
Default Herbs and Other Remedies

I'm curious what everyone has tried to use to help with their MI, that is either a supplement or something along those lines. I'm, normally, a Western medicine only person, and I usually don't pay attention to anything that hasn't gone through a double-blind study. Still, desperate times calls for desperate measures. I have found the website: Examine it goes through such remedies and shows the research in a clear format.

Things I've tried:

GABA
Ashwagandha
Kava Kava
Melatonin
Valerian
and a blend called Anxie-T which has cocoa Ashwaganha, GABA, theanine, and Kava in it but in lower doses.
CBD

My Personal Blog

Mental Queries (Personal Non-Journal Type Blog. Most philosophy type of things.)
stopchewinggum is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #2
Yzen
Poohbah

Yzen has no updates.

2 yr Member
1,309 hugs
given
Default Re: Herbs and Other Remedies

I have tried :
Sam-e
A Chinese Qi herb blend
Numerous vitamins/minerals in particular - magnesium, vit b,c,d, amino acids, iron...

I stopped the Sam-e and the Qi blend because I didn't see results . I believe the vitamins and amino acids help though it isn't easy to confirm. I still take those.
Yzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
Squaw
Veteran Member

Squaw is BLESSED with a new day!!

My Mood: Herbs and Other Remedies

8 yr Member
317 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopchewinggum View Post
I'm curious what everyone has tried to use to help with their MI, that is either a supplement or something along those lines. I'm, normally, a Western medicine only person, and I usually don't pay attention to anything that hasn't gone through a double-blind study. Still, desperate times calls for desperate measures. I have found the website: Examine it goes through such remedies and shows the research in a clear format.

Things I've tried:

GABA
Ashwagandha
Kava Kava
Melatonin
Valerian
and a blend called Anxie-T which has cocoa Ashwaganha, GABA, theanine, and Kava in it but in lower doses.
CBD
Hey! Thank you for this information. I tried Kava Kava years ago and learned that it damages your kidneys pretty bad. Has the research changed concerning this matter? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:13 AM   #4
Trace14
Grand Magnate

Trace14 drowning

My Mood: Herbs and Other Remedies

3 yr Member
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopchewinggum View Post

Things I've tried:

GABA
Ashwagandha
Kava Kava
Melatonin
Valerian
CBD
Omega 3's- Fish oil
Vitamin B complex
HOLY BASIL- Anxiety

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
stopchewinggum
stopchewinggum At long last, there is nothing and no one, except me and the abyss

3 yr Member
12 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaw View Post
Hey! Thank you for this information. I tried Kava Kava years ago and learned that it damages your kidneys pretty bad. Has the research changed concerning this matter? Thanks!
I've read that the Kava scare had to do with the liver, and that it turned out most of that was due to tainted Kava. I'm not sure about the kidney thing.

My Personal Blog

Mental Queries (Personal Non-Journal Type Blog. Most philosophy type of things.)
stopchewinggum is offline   Reply With Quote