Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Treatments and Self-Care Strategies > Other Treatments

advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Relaxiwish has no updates.

My Mood:

Default CBD OIL - has anyone tried it?

Does it help anxiety? Pain? Can anyone guide me to buying a good brand that's not a scam?
Relaxiwish is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Poohbah

PsychNitrous has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
106 hugs
given
Default Re: CBD OIL - has anyone tried it?

I've used CBD oil in both an e-cigarette and in lotion. I never used it in the e-cigarette for long enough to get any results, but in the lotion it works really well for pain. My boyfriend's grandmother loves it in the lotion, she gets really bad leg cramps at night.

If you're looking for oil to use in an e-cigarette, Cloud 9 Hemp is a good site, that's what I use. No worries about there being any THC in it, because they only make oil from hemp plants. Pricing is decent, and delivery is quick.

I don't know how available lotion would be to you, if you are in Florida, but if you can get it Apothecanna is a really good brand. They sell products with and without THC though, so it might be hard to find unless marijuana is recreationally legal in your state. It is, so far, my favorite brand though.
PsychNitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Grand Member

Carmina has no updates.

My Mood:

87 hugs
given

I'd love to but don't think you can buy this in the UK the laws are so stupid

I woudn't smoke it though as I have asthma - is there another way?
Carmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #4
Relaxiwish has no updates.

My Mood:

I don't use cigs, but looking for some liquid for to take orally. Also, i don't think hemp oil is the same as cbd oil.
Relaxiwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Poohbah

My Mood:

2 yr Member
106 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxiwish View Post
I don't use cigs, but looking for some liquid for to take orally. Also, i don't think hemp oil is the same as cbd oil.
They are not the same, but CBD can be extracted from the hemp plant the same as it can be from marijuana.

Also, I just looked, and Cloud 9 Hemp sells tinctures and topicals as well as smokables.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:11 AM   #6
Grand Member

Carmina has no updates.

My Mood:

87 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychNitrous View Post
They are not the same, but CBD can be extracted from the hemp plant the same as it can be from marijuana.

Also, I just looked, and Cloud 9 Hemp sells tinctures and topicals as well as smokables.
I looked them up though and don't understand some of the terminology - what's a dab? I presume a tincture you can add to a drink? Is there something that can be baked into brownies - used to make those but haven't used Cannabis for a long time - if there was a way to get the relaxation and mellowness without the paranoia I would try it though
Carmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
Poohbah

My Mood:

2 yr Member
106 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmina View Post
I looked them up though and don't understand some of the terminology - what's a dab? I presume a tincture you can add to a drink? Is there something that can be baked into brownies - used to make those but haven't used Cannabis for a long time - if there was a way to get the relaxation and mellowness without the paranoia I would try it though
You wouldn't want to get dabs if you aren't interested in smoking. They're a form of wax that you vaporize in a vaporizer (sorry for the weird wording, I only know the "illegal" terms used with marijuana), then inhale the smoke. I checked the site I suggested, and it looks like they may have a CBD infused honey, but I couldn't find much information on that.

I'm not sure what you could use to make into brownies or another type of edible. I've only ever heard of how to make cannabis butter to do that, but I've never tried. I would also assume a tincture could be added to a drink, possibly also used as a substitute for part of a liquid in an edible? It would be something to look into.

If you have a way to obtain it, there are certain types of cannabis that may be worth trying. Indica strains are typically bred to produce a mellow relaxing effect, not the paranoia you want to avoid. If you can buy from a dispensery you should be able to get recommendations of indica strains with high levels of CBD in them, that could be useful.

I hope my answers help. I live in a state where all this is still illegal, but I've visited dispenseries in states where it is legal, and I've done a fair amount of research. I had hopes of using CBD for my depression, anxiety, and arthritis.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
La.Last.Lucy has no updates.

My Mood:

4 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxiwish View Post
Does it help anxiety? Pain? Can anyone guide me to buying a good brand that's not a scam?

So CBD is the non psychoactive ingredient in cannibus THC is what can either give you euphoria or psychosis. Hemp oil has about 1/24 the strength of a low “dose” of CBD. Depending on which state you are in obtaining a medical ID is what you need to do or if it is already recreational then go to a dispensary. CALL FIRST or use “weed maps” if the place looks sketchy it probably is. I have szchioaffective disorder depression hypomania & chronic pain. There are “tintures” online which are advertised as “hemp oil” which is honestly olive oil and oil of oregano with a mix of CBD, for legal reason small companies can sell it as “hemp oil”. DO NOT BUY OR USE DABS OR WAX. This is the pure THC & CBD chemically (yes chemically) compounded into a wax like substance that you have to use a torch to smoke. Tintures or pills are the best way to go with CBD. I will be posting pics later explaining basically the pharmaceutical/dispensary terms it took me a while to figure it out. It is very beneficial but unfortunately for good quality or a concentration high enough to help with symptoms start @ like $50. Feel free to message me.... will be update in a bit with pics for ya! Hope I can help and make sense of the nonsense lol
La.Last.Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #9

Neenagirl has no updates.

My Mood:

32 hugs
given

I actually bought cbd oil from Amazon, it was $64 for a small bottle, made in Colorado. It was made from hemp and you put like 18 drops under your tongue and hold it for 90 seconds and then swallow, if any is left. Did nothing for me, tried twice.
gad, bpd, ocd, depression, ptsd, dd, tardive dyskinesia, gabapentin, propanolol, klonopin, cymbalta, noritriptylene, 3L oxygen/night. Special supplements: 1000 iu Vit E, 500 mg Ginko Biloba, 4 servings BCAAs, 10 mg melatonin
Neenagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
terrencewelsch Grateful

My Mood:

5 hugs
given

You really want to get a high-quality CBD oil from an organic source that are either able to be inhaled or else paired with some sort of lipid (THC / Sunflower Seed Oil / Citrus Oil / etc) to insure you actually absorb it into your bloodstream.

Ideally you have something that has been emulsified so that it can pass the blood brain barrier as the largest concentration of CBD receptors are located in the brain.

I use to sell CBD oil, so if you want any more information on it I can give you. I don't feel right directing toward particular brands but I can definitely direct you toward research if you're still interested
terrencewelsch is offline   Reply With Quote