Old 06-12-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Dnester
Grand Member

Dnester has no updates.

My Mood: What is this ******tw*****

33 hugs
given
Trig What is this ******tw*****

So I was talking to my friend about her teenage daughter. She was telling me about how her daughter told her that when she was 8. She ate her poop and pee once and at 14 (current age)ate her discharge and ate her blood from her period. I have heard of Pica but I dont know if this could be mental?
Dnester is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

TheLonelyChemist has no updates.

1,407 hugs
given
Default Re: What is this ******tw*****

Whatever the cause may be (infection, deficiency, stress, trauma, or genetic) has certainly affected her at at psychological level. It may not be brain malfunction (serious) but it certainly is psychological. That's my belief.

Extract :
The brain and nervous systems have been designed by evolution to be designed by experience and learning. This means there is no prototype for how brains function that map directly on to psychological level processes, like an American high schooler being rejected in love and feeling down about that

Some of these will involve suffering and maladaptive patterns that do require mental health assistance but are NOT in any way shape or form reducible to brain malfunction...
You wanna know what I believe? That this isn't the end, that there's another world out there for both of us. That we'll see each other again. And we'll play, and dance, and bake, and sing. Doesn't that sound beautiful? Will you believe with me?
TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

8 yr Member
662 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I was talking to my friend about her teenage daughter. She was telling me about how her daughter told her that when she was 8. She ate her poop and pee once and at 14 (current age)ate her discharge and ate her blood from her period. I have heard of Pica but I dont know if this could be mental?
if you google it you will find that its not a mental disorder....

in some locations its taught to do these things as survival tools to prevent dehydration and starvation

if you read the religious book the bible there are also many references to doing these things.

in some cultures doing this is also a rite of passage at certain ages

according to google its also pretty normal for children to do these things just to see what its like or as a dare or if they have watched any of these horror shows or reality shows like fear factor and others that require the contestants to eat such things.

ultimately we can not tell you what this is in your friends daughter, only your friends daughter and their own treatment providers can tell you that...

my suggestion is ask the daughter why she did that or leave the issue up to the daughter and the parent to solve.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
Dnester
Grand Member

Dnester has no updates.

33 hugs
given

Thanks. Are Einstein reincarnated? Lol thanks my friend
Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
*Laurie*
Account Suspended
*Laurie* has no updates.

3 yr Member
5,400 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

What do you mean by "mental"?
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Deejay14
Poohbah

Deejay14 has no updates.

2 yr Member
34 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I dont think this falls inside the brackets of normal behavior. At least where I live this would warrant a visit to the primary care doc where more I found would be shared and possibly follow up care of some sort.
True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Deejay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #7
Dnester
Grand Member

Dnester has no updates.

33 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Laurie* View Post
What do you mean by "mental"?
I am wondering if its a mental disorder or what could of caused it. She said when she was 8 and drank her urine. She new it was bad. Felt anxious then did it. The eating of poop happened once as well. Just to see what it tasted like same with the discharge. With the menstrual blood she wanted to see what it tasted like but has done it twice because she liked the taste.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #8
Betty_Banana

Betty_Banana has no updates.

5 yr Member
71 hugs
given

Quote:
That's definitely not normal behavior.She ate her poop and pee at age 8 ?Even little toddlers know to not do that,they know it's too disgusting.And at age 14 ate her discharge and her blood?This girl has definite psychological issues.I have no clue what they would be but yes,something's not right.

Did you tell your friend it's not normal?What does she think about it?
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #9
Dnester
Grand Member

Dnester has no updates.

33 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
That's definitely not normal behavior.She ate her poop and pee at age 8 ?Even little toddlers know to not do that,they know it's too disgusting.And at age 14 ate her discharge and her blood?This girl has definite psychological issues.I have no clue what they would be but yes,something's not right.

Did you tell your friend it's not normal?What does she think about it?
She is concerned but at this point doesnt know whether to take her to a psych doctor or medical doctor.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
*Laurie*
Account Suspended
*Laurie* has no updates.

3 yr Member
5,400 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
I am wondering if its a mental disorder or what could of caused it.

Oh. You mean a mental illness or a psychiatric disorder. "Mental" sounds like something from 1950, if you'll forgive me.

I think it's very odd that the child ate what she ate. True, she was young, but like Betty said, even a toddler will not eat its poop, etc.

Eating or spreading one's own feces on walls and floors and that kind of behavior in general is not an uncommon behavior for people who are severely psychotic. It is something nurses and doctors see in psychiatric hospitals not infrequently.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With Quote