just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
7,680 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Neediness/needing reassurance

I had the problem journaling because before getting into DBT group therapy for 2 intense years I didn't even know the words to express what I was feeling or thinking. Without the words I just plowed through & trying to journal was just spinning my wheels.

There are ON Line DBT self help......the good thing about that is that it teaches coping skills in many areas with a focus on mindfulness (an awareness of everything going on around you & everything you feel & think......then ANALYZE it before reacting or taking action.

That was helpful & there are diary cards daily which really help for me better than a journal because it tied together everything & kept track in a concise way without a lot of writing.

I don't have patience or time to sit down everyday & journal.....my mind just thinks of all the things I really need to be doing instead of sitting & writing so I need something efficient, quick & effective

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2017, 03:11 AM   #13
Poohbah

reb569 ??!!??

My Mood:

217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
There are ON Line DBT self help......the good thing about that is that it teaches coping skills in many areas with a focus on mindfulness (an awareness of everything going on around you & everything you feel & think......then ANALYZE it before reacting or taking action.

That was helpful & there are diary cards daily which really help for me better than a journal because it tied together everything & kept track in a concise way without a lot of writing.
I have found that mindfulness techniques are pretty effective in reducing anxiety for me. I'm really just scratching the surface so far, but want to do more in this area.

Can you expand on the diary cards daily idea? Is that just using index cards to write your thoughts down daily or is there more to it than that? Sounds interesting to me.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. I’ve always felt that I wasn’t a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
7,680 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb569 View Post
I have found that mindfulness techniques are pretty effective in reducing anxiety for me. I'm really just scratching the surface so far, but want to do more in this area.

Can you expand on the diary cards daily idea? Is that just using index cards to write your thoughts down daily or is there more to it than that? Sounds interesting to me.
Actually the diary cards are what we write down what happened & what skill it challenged, what skill used to deal with it or what skill would have worked better. It's all focus on the DBT skills to reinforce them in daily life

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote