Unread 06-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Grand Poohbah

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

358 hugs
given
Trig The next maintenence person who barges into my apt is getting hurt

This is more of a rant than anything.

These maintenance people at my Apt. think they can just barge in when something is wrong or they need to to some type of maintenance without consideration for me. They only knock once but give me little time to answer the door.

I was a hair away from pulling my knife on this new guy this morning because he barges his way in without revealing that he's with maintenance. If they keep doing this, I will get physical with somebody and I plan on getting into martial arts classes very soon to deal with assholes like this.

I'm sick of people who don't respect me. It should be a crime for these people to keep doing this. After all, I ****ING PAY RENT HERE SO GIVE ME THE RESPECT THAT I'M ENTITLED TO AS A RENTER YOU SUBHUMAN MAGGOT PIECES OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bluekoi; Yesterday at 10:16 PM. Reason: Add trigger icon.
DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Grand Member

starrysky is rooting for you

My Mood:

2 yr Member
747 hugs
given
Default Re: The next maintenence person who barges into my apt is getting hurt

That would annoy me / scare me, too. And it's a little thoughtless bordering on ignorantly disrespectful. Do you feel like you can say something to them? If not, I at least hope you feel better posting here. Are they coming in for a reason? like are you expecting them?
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

bearguardian is realities per minute

481 hugs
given

Put a menacing sign on the door?
Unread 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Grand Magnate

*Laurie* is a NAMI group facilitator.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
2,698 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Where I live the management has to give a minimum of 24-hour notice before entering an apartment, unless there is a true emergency. Does your management give you any notice?

Compassionate Abiding:
https://mindsetdoc.wordpress.com/201...e-abiding-101/
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Grand Magnate

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
6,937 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

The apartments I've lived in also had to give 24 hours notice. Can you talk to management about giving you more notice? They should not be barging in on you like that.

I lived in a chalet type duplex though and came walking out of the bathroom one day and there stood my landlord and perspective renters ...even though my car was parked outside. No notice, no nothing. I was scared and angry and they were embarrassed. Good luck getting your point across to management if you go that route. Best wishes.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
Elder

amandalouise female, lesbian, wife mother career

8 yr Member
451 hugs
given

one good thing about renting in america is we have tenant / landlord/ maintenance/ public housing/ renting laws. one of them being when a tenant reports a problem with something in the apartments need fixing, the repairing department or landlord or manager of the apartments .....must.... ask whether the tenant gives permission for the repair people to enter. (there are repair forms with this right on it that if the tenant at any time has stated yes, that box automatically gets checked )

my first suggestion is to check with your managers or landlords to find out whether at any time you stated it was ok for them to enter. even if it was back when you first moved in if you stated yes then they have that right to do do........until..... you put in writing you no longer give this permission to enter and give the form to the manager\landlord (your landlord or manager can look in your file they keep on tenants and let you know if and when you gave permission and how to rescind that permission.

if it turns out you did not give permission each managers/ landlord has to give the tenants in writing the complaint procedures and where with the nearest authority on renting laws to your location is. you can ten put in writing this violation of tenant landlord manager laws.

But you may also reread your lease, most renting leases in america contain a clause that states how many hours prior notice to enter is given and under what circumstances they do have a right to enter without notice... usually this is things like emergency repairs anywhere in the building including the stated apartment that would result in great damage if , suspicion of crimes being committed on the property, or if the complex/ apartment building is HUD/Section 8 they are required to do repairs with in a certain amount of time regardless.

my point there are many reasons here in america why a repair crew can enter an apartment with out notice. so before taking a knife to someone you might want to first check things out and make sure whats what in your lease, and laws in your area.

my locations (USA) Dissociative Disorders diagnostic criteriahttp://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...s-dsm-5-a.html

USA insurance forms sometimes require the ICD codes. it is less detailed and a bit different in wording than the DSM5 but is the same diagnostic criteria http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Cod...48/F44-/F44.81

Sense of Agency is a new term associated with DID in my location (USA) http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...se-agency.html

Reality Testing is a new diagnostic criteria for dissociative disorders here in the USA http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...ml#post5180743

co consciousness https://forums.psychcentral.com/diss...ciousness.html

Revolving door http://forums.psychcentral.com/disso...ving-door.html

Testing procedures in the USA and .......Sample tests (not used for diagnosis purposes).......
https://forums.psychcentral.com/diss...disorders.html
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
"I'm scarlet inside"

Fharraige "'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station"

My Mood:

5 yr Member
4,417 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

They do have the right to come into your apartment at any time. However, it is a common courtesy to let you know they're coming ahead of entering. They were rather rude.

BP Type 1, GAD, PTSD, BPD
Latuda, Artane, Neurontin, Vistaril and some other stuff

My poetry and prose
My Flickr Photostream
Fharraige is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
Awesoment

seesaw anxious

My Mood:

3 yr Member
208 hugs
given

In my state it's the law that unless it's an emergency, they have to give 24 hour notice before entering. And if you tell them they have to wait so that you can be there, they have to schedule a time with you because you have the right to be there while they are in your apartment.

I almost called the cops on management a couple months ago when they started to unlock my door and enter while I was sleeping.

That's a whole different story that I don't want to get into, but I would check the laws in your state and I would bet they are the same as in mine. So then I would send them a certified letter informing them of the laws and that they are in violation.

Seesaw

My Dx: PTSD, Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril...

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Molinit has no updates.

My Mood:

3 hugs
given

I would definitely put a sign indicating that they need to give me 3 minutes to answer the door due to PTSD.
Molinit is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #10
Poohbah

scaredandconfused taking things one day at a time

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,031 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Where I live they need to give you at least 24 hours notice before entering your apartment. I would look into the rules in your area because barging in does seem super annoying! You have the right to be able to prepare ahead of time.
scaredandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: