Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
NothingPeopleDo
Member
NothingPeopleDo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 51
2 yr Member
Default Welcome back

So the welcoming is for my inner self. The darkness has found its way back or maybe never left and has crept out of its hiding spot. Either way I have an emptiness inside once again, the only feeling I have is numbness. It’s not the best thing in the world as I haven’t been this way for a very long time. I know the trigger and dealing with it now has caused this. Being open to who I need to be only turns to anger instead of understanding. In these times I see everyone and everything different. Part of the curse I suppose. Not trying to get to deep but I know some here will understand and I needed to share it with ones that would.

Thanks for reading
NothingPeopleDo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 10-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
Atypical_Disaster
Elder
 
Atypical_Disaster's Avatar
Atypical_Disaster has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Location: None of your business.
Posts: 6,832 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
7,514 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Welcome back

I do understand. Welcome back, it’s good to see you around again.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
here today
Magnate
here today has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2012
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,906
5 yr Member
1,005 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Welcome back

I understand about an inner darkness, though the way it works in me may be different from you. I welcome you for talking about it, though I don't really like being around that mode of being in anyone, myself included. Still, my curiosity remains.
here today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
NothingPeopleDo
Member
NothingPeopleDo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 51
2 yr Member
Default Re: Welcome back

The numbness is getting worse. Seeing that I have other issues (alcohol) that I need to get a grasp on as well. Feeling the need for help.... Not very optimistic in this venture. Yup, this sucks!!
NothingPeopleDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:33 AM   #5
Starlana
Member
 
Starlana's Avatar
Starlana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 93
My Mood: Welcome back

3 yr Member
47 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingPeopleDo View Post
So the welcoming is for my inner self. The darkness has found its way back or maybe never left and has crept out of its hiding spot. Either way I have an emptiness inside once again, the only feeling I have is numbness. It’s not the best thing in the world as I haven’t been this way for a very long time. I know the trigger and dealing with it now has caused this. Being open to who I need to be only turns to anger instead of understanding. In these times I see everyone and everything different. Part of the curse I suppose. Not trying to get to deep but I know some here will understand and I needed to share it with ones that would.

Thanks for reading
Sorry to hear of your struggles, I hope we can be of help!
Starlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #6
NothingPeopleDo
Member
NothingPeopleDo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 51
2 yr Member
Default Re: Welcome back

Hey Starlana (old friend) thank you, I hope so too.
NothingPeopleDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:13 AM   #7
Starlana
Member
 
Starlana's Avatar
Starlana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 93
My Mood: Welcome back

3 yr Member
47 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingPeopleDo View Post
Hey Starlana (old friend) thank you, I hope so too.
Friend you just need more constructive distractors. You cannot help who you are, nor should to want to. You're beautiful, you and many of the rest of us just see the world through different goggles. Alcohol removes our much needed filters and insights. Our impulses can take control. This can become distructive if we allow it. The battle is such. The battle to defeat our own destructive natures.
Starlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #8
NothingPeopleDo
Member
NothingPeopleDo has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 51
2 yr Member
Default Re: Welcome back

I agree, if I drink in social environments I can become “misunderstood” lol. I have agreed to not drink around new people cause it can become first last situation quite easily. I have moved to a different part of the country where people don’t have the same type of humor like where I came from. Different way of life is a bit of a challenge as well. I will say I have cam a long way from the past but NPD has made my life very difficult. Recognizing the traits that I have relied on only strengthens my weakness. Knowing I am not alway who I portray to believe was much easier to deal with prior to NPD diagnosis. Talk about skeletons in the closet!!! Anyway my life is a constant struggle with this. Be me and fall into what I was or try to be better and see how damaged I am. NPD is really the ultimate in insecurities and nothing more. Living a life as what we imagine is not healthy. Admitting faults, laughing at yourself, realizing I am human is not as easy as it should be. At the end of the day it’s nice to see others like me here. Although I do not come here that often I have been here for many years. I have had much success with dealing with my true self by coming here. For those that have been around I used to go by “Underground”, may bring back more memories for some, others none. Anyway, good to see that I still recognize many here. Thanks for reading!!
NothingPeopleDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #9
Starlana
Member
 
Starlana's Avatar
Starlana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 93
My Mood: Welcome back

3 yr Member
47 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingPeopleDo View Post
I agree, if I drink in social environments I can become “misunderstood” lol. I have agreed to not drink around new people cause it can become first last situation quite easily. I have moved to a different part of the country where people don’t have the same type of humor like where I came from. Different way of life is a bit of a challenge as well. I will say I have cam a long way from the past but NPD has made my life very difficult. Recognizing the traits that I have relied on only strengthens my weakness. Knowing I am not alway who I portray to believe was much easier to deal with prior to NPD diagnosis. Talk about skeletons in the closet!!! Anyway my life is a constant struggle with this. Be me and fall into what I was or try to be better and see how damaged I am. NPD is really the ultimate in insecurities and nothing more. Living a life as what we imagine is not healthy. Admitting faults, laughing at yourself, realizing I am human is not as easy as it should be. At the end of the day it’s nice to see others like me here. Although I do not come here that often I have been here for many years. I have had much success with dealing with my true self by coming here. For those that have been around I used to go by “Underground”, may bring back more memories for some, others none. Anyway, good to see that I still recognize many here. Thanks for reading!!
I think something that "normals" don't realize is that people with many PD's or mental Illness do not even realize that they are not "normals" themselves in many cases. It's not until it is brought to our attention that we are different that there is even an awareness. Therefore, we charge through this life thinking everyone is the same as us, and we react and behave as such in many instances.
Starlana is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines