Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Men-Focused Support

advertisement

Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
ArchieAus has no updates.

Default Calling on the men of PCF

So this men only area is pretty dead . Not much happens here . Why's that do you reckon .
I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this , but in the General rooms you sort of get the feeling that the deluded males opinion is tolerated as long as they don't say anything peceived to be out of line . Now I don't have an issue , just thought this might get some discussion going . Are females better equipped and better masters of the internet than males . Or is it that this section is so far down the page that no one can be bothered to scroll this far ?
Are males less likely to seek another males advise ? Maybe try a fishing forum if I'm after healthy male debate do I hear you say ? 😂
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #2

2ISAB Steve

My Mood:

Default Re: Calling on the men of PCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieAus View Post
So this men only area is pretty dead . Not much happens here . Why's that do you reckon .
I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this , but in the General rooms you sort of get the feeling that the deluded males opinion is tolerated as long as they don't say anything peceived to be out of line . Now I don't have an issue , just thought this might get some discussion going . Are females better equipped and better masters of the internet than males . Or is it that this section is so far down the page that no one can be bothered to scroll this far ?
Are males less likely to seek another males advise ? Maybe try a fishing forum if I'm after healthy male debate do I hear you say ?
Umm OK. I prefer talking to men because there's no sexual tension. But to continue enjoying this beautiful forum I will check out the "men's" section, but only after your help in bringing the issue to light.
Have a fantastic day
2ISAB is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
Infamous Vampire Duck
Community Liaison

Mike_J has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
1,023 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

The problem with posting in this forum is that it rarely gets posted in so your comment always ends up being on the main page for WAY longer than I (at least) would like.
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” Gandhi
Mike_J is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #4

That's a fair call Mike , I can relate to what you say there . You can already see that the men of PCF have not heeded the call and posted . Even though I left it so open ended that guys could have posted anything they wanted to say and still be on topic . But thanks for throwing your hat in the ring .
Old 02-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #5
Wise Elder

emgreen has no updates.

5 yr Member
709 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I think there are just far more women participating on PC than men. In addition, I feel most men are raised to keep their feelings bottled up. As far as your proposition that we discuss fishing, I feel sorry for the poor fish when I pull them in, so can't go fishing. Am I still a "real man?"
emgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #6

G'day Emmy
Yeah I reckon your right on a few counts there mate . Don't sweat it about the fishing . I can't knowingly take the life of anything either , there's no pleasure in it for me , yet I'm happy to eat a steak . Very hypocritical huh . Maybe we can go on a catch and release trip , use some soft hooks , and just play tug of war with our scaley friends for a while ... enjoy just being out at sea ... we'll go and watch the humpback whales migrating close to the shoreline with their calves . Then back to the beach and dig up the camp oven of Irish Stew .. special blend with just an Irishman in their for the protein , no animal 😀
So what does make a "real man" ? I think that's a good question . Are there any real men left out there that can help us out on that one ?