Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 02-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
ArchieAus
ArchieAus has no updates.

Default Calling on the men of PCF

So this men only area is pretty dead . Not much happens here . Why's that do you reckon .
I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this , but in the General rooms you sort of get the feeling that the deluded males opinion is tolerated as long as they don't say anything peceived to be out of line . Now I don't have an issue , just thought this might get some discussion going . Are females better equipped and better masters of the internet than males . Or is it that this section is so far down the page that no one can be bothered to scroll this far ?
Are males less likely to seek another males advise ? Maybe try a fishing forum if I'm after healthy male debate do I hear you say ? 😂
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
Anonymous45829
Anonymous45829 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: Calling on the men of PCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieAus View Post
So this men only area is pretty dead . Not much happens here . Why's that do you reckon .
I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this , but in the General rooms you sort of get the feeling that the deluded males opinion is tolerated as long as they don't say anything peceived to be out of line . Now I don't have an issue , just thought this might get some discussion going . Are females better equipped and better masters of the internet than males . Or is it that this section is so far down the page that no one can be bothered to scroll this far ?
Are males less likely to seek another males advise ? Maybe try a fishing forum if I'm after healthy male debate do I hear you say ? Calling on the men of PCF
Umm OK. I prefer talking to men because there's no sexual tension. But to continue enjoying this beautiful forum I will check out the "men's" section, but only after your help in bringing the issue to light.
Have a fantastic dayCalling on the men of PCF
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Mike_J
Infamous Vampire Duck
Community Liaison

Mike_J has no updates.

My Mood: Calling on the men of PCF

8 yr Member
1,054 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

The problem with posting in this forum is that it rarely gets posted in so your comment always ends up being on the main page for WAY longer than I (at least) would like.
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” Gandhi
Mike_J is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
ArchieAus

That's a fair call Mike , I can relate to what you say there . You can already see that the men of PCF have not heeded the call and posted . Even though I left it so open ended that guys could have posted anything they wanted to say and still be on topic . But thanks for throwing your hat in the ring .
Old 02-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
emgreen
Wise Elder

emgreen has no updates.

5 yr Member
900 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I think there are just far more women participating on PC than men. In addition, I feel most men are raised to keep their feelings bottled up. As far as your proposition that we discuss fishing, I feel sorry for the poor fish when I pull them in, so can't go fishing. Am I still a "real man?"
emgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-13-2018, 05:12 AM   #6
ArchieAus

G'day Emmy
Yeah I reckon your right on a few counts there mate . Don't sweat it about the fishing . I can't knowingly take the life of anything either , there's no pleasure in it for me , yet I'm happy to eat a steak . Very hypocritical huh . Maybe we can go on a catch and release trip , use some soft hooks , and just play tug of war with our scaley friends for a while ... enjoy just being out at sea ... we'll go and watch the humpback whales migrating close to the shoreline with their calves . Then back to the beach and dig up the camp oven of Irish Stew .. special blend with just an Irishman in their for the protein , no animal 😀
So what does make a "real man" ? I think that's a good question . Are there any real men left out there that can help us out on that one ?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #7
itsgettinglate
itsgettinglate has no updates.

3 yr Member
5 hugs
given

I've been on here 2.5 years and I've made 25 posts, so I don't comment much, though I do check into the site 3-4 times per month. I stop by this forum (men-focused-support) nearly every time I'm here, and there's seldom much happening.

I tend to agree that venues like this draw more women than men, and for the men who do show up, it's not typically our forte to share our feelings. That seems to be a bit of a shame. Women can be great support, but I sense that they sometimes tire of playing that role, and that can show up on the margins or in the tone of their responses to typically men's issues. So.......

I think I'll start a topic.
itsgettinglate is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Falo
Falo has no updates.

My Mood: Calling on the men of PCF

Confused Re: Calling on the men of PCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgettinglate View Post
I've been on here 2.5 years and I've made 25 posts, so I don't comment much, though I do check into the site 3-4 times per month. I stop by this forum (men-focused-support) nearly every time I'm here, and there's seldom much happening.

I tend to agree that venues like this draw more women than men, and for the men who do show up, it's not typically our forte to share our feelings. That seems to be a bit of a shame. Women can be great support, but I sense that they sometimes tire of playing that role, and that can show up on the margins or in the tone of their responses to typically men's issues. So.......

I think I'll start a topic.
I am here because my life has taken a very unexpected bad turn. I had been emotionally abused by the woman I love for 2 straight years, and my solution was to turn to a female friend for emotional support. I guess I kept the friendship hidden from my abuser, and of course she found out. That caused more abuse, and then I think I deserved it. I'm trying to walk that fine line between being a big, strong, wood-chopping, carpenter, golfer man - being an abused partner - and being a together person. Maybe the problem is that I can't walk a line between 3 things? See there? I can't be serious either. I use humor in all situations - funerals included.

I would hate to give up the humor because it's my most distinguishing characteristic. Is this part of the problem? That I think this?

Choppy waters fellas....
Falo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 03-30-2018, 05:28 AM   #9
Talthybius
Veteran Member
Talthybius has no updates.

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieAus View Post
I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this , but in the General rooms you sort of get the feeling that the deluded males opinion is tolerated as long as they don't say anything peceived[sic] to be out of line .
This is exactly what is happening. And just be ware of what happens when all females do agree something a male says is out of line.

Quote:
Now I don't have an issue , just thought this might get some discussion going . Are females better equipped and better masters of the internet than males .
Of course not. Internet is still very much male-dominated. That this place is so female-dominated is an indication of some process going on keeping males away.

I also would warn males against sharing their feelings, even here. They will be used against you some point down the line.
Talthybius is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-31-2018, 06:10 AM   #10
Dog on a Tree
Veteran Member

Dog on a Tree Ascending forever

3 yr Member
213 hugs
given

Remember, men aren't allowed to share and express feelings.

I'm happy that I feel what i feel and express that as I choose to, so long as i never break the laws of the land or this forum. I will continue until the day i pass from this world, to be myself and not what society wants me to be.
Dog on a Tree is offline   Reply With Quote