Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
571 hugs
given
Default Benefits/welfare problems.

I am in the UK and got a letter today my Disability Living Allowance benefit is ending and I have been invited to claim the new benefit Personal Independence Payment,these are benefits to help with the extra costs of being disabled.At present I am getting 307 a month for this but that will stop in 4 weeks.If I get PIP all well and good but if they refuse me not only do I lose 307 a month but I also lose from my Employment Support Allowance and extra 60 a week which is 240 a month so that is 547 which is half my total monthly payments.It is scary cos I have to fill in a 40 page form and have a face to face assessment with the health assessment practitioner.I phoned up today and registered my claim,it was fairly straight forward and they just asked me for some basic information.Next step wait for the How your illness affects you form and fill it in,40 pages long it is.Send it back to them and presumable wait for an appointment to go for my face2face unless they decide they have enough paper evidence.I will be asking my doctor and other health professionals for reports to support my claim.I have mental and physical ailments so I can't see them refusing me but it is a question of whether I get standard rate PIP or enhanced rate.More money than now or less.Wish me good luck.I am not going to worry cos I am resolved if I don't get what I think I am entitled to to go to appeal and all the way to the court tribunals.I am anxious to have to manage on less money.
Marylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Benefits/welfare problems.

Best wishes for success with this. I would guess that just the stress of it all must just make everything that much more difficult.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
Poohbah
dancinglady has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Benefits/welfare problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylin View Post
I am in the UK and got a letter today my Disability Living Allowance benefit is ending and I have been invited to claim the new benefit Personal Independence Payment,these are benefits to help with the extra costs of being disabled.At present I am getting 307 a month for this but that will stop in 4 weeks.If I get PIP all well and good but if they refuse me not only do I lose 307 a month but I also lose from my Employment Support Allowance and extra 60 a week which is 240 a month so that is 547 which is half my total monthly payments.It is scary cos I have to fill in a 40 page form and have a face to face assessment with the health assessment practitioner.I phoned up today and registered my claim,it was fairly straight forward and they just asked me for some basic information.Next step wait for the How your illness affects you form and fill it in,40 pages long it is.Send it back to them and presumable wait for an appointment to go for my face2face unless they decide they have enough paper evidence.I will be asking my doctor and other health professionals for reports to support my claim.I have mental and physical ailments so I can't see them refusing me but it is a question of whether I get standard rate PIP or enhanced rate.More money than now or less.Wish me good luck.I am not going to worry cos I am resolved if I don't get what I think I am entitled to to go to appeal and all the way to the court tribunals.I am anxious to have to manage on less money.

If you argue too well they will see you as healthier. This happened to me and they told with my smarts I could get a good job and they took all of my benefits away. Try to get someone else to fill out the paperwork and argue for you and your case.
dancinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
571 hugs
given

There is no one else and they can't just take my money away they already have me in the support group which says I have limited capacity for work.I have mental and physical ailments that seriously affect my physical capabilities.It doesn't feel fair that you would try to scare me and worry me that they will take my benefits away,it may have happened to you doesn't mean it happens to everyone.
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2018, 03:25 AM   #5
Legendary

possum220 has no updates.

8 yr Member
3,608 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Definitely get all the letters that you can from doctors and professionals that you interact with to support your claim. It is an anxious time. Fingers crossed that you get your assessment appointment with some-one that understands forms and disabilities.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
571 hugs
given

Thanks Possum.They advised me that I can request a paper based assessment because I have mental illness it would be distressing to have a face to face and I have limited mobility and bladder issues...so I might not have to have a face to face.If it comes to it and I have to have an assessment I might be allowed a home visit.
Hugs from:
Old 03-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #7
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
571 hugs
given

I am anxious waiting for the doctors to get the letter ready for my claim,they promised I would have it by this Thursday.I rang today(Tuesday)to see if it was ready she said no it isn't ready,I asked if it will be ready on Thursday she said yes,and she will phone me when it is ready.I can't relax until I have this letter and can send it together with the claim form to the DWP,then they will probably call me for a face to face assessment.
Hugs from:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #8
Legendary

8 yr Member
3,608 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

And there is the post.......... Waiting with you.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
571 hugs
given

I sent the form back last thursday 8th March well within the deadline 14th March,with the doctors supporting letter.My doctor asked them if I can have a home assessment or a paper based one.Here's hoping they comply.I have to wait now to find out if I have to have a face 2 face assessment.I probably will have to have one.I have to wait to hear from them now.I am so nervous about losing my money I won't cope.I'll have to appeal all the way to court,it is struggling without the money until the appeal,it can take a year to sort it.

Anyway I got a text from them on Friday 9th March saying they had received the form that I sent them so that is good!
Hugs from:
Old 03-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Legendary

8 yr Member
3,608 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Waiting is a very hard part.