advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
Magnate

shakespeare47 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
312 hugs
given
Default Would you be okay if you were wealthy?

There have been times in my life when I literally knew I would destroy myself if I had a lot of money. I would have engaged in a lot of self-destructive behavior. And I would have used the money to try to get some petty payback. In the past I fantasized about hiring someone to make someone else's life miserable. I thought about making making sure the other had a bad day. Say, by just having my someone get in verbal fights with the other. And/or I've fantasized about hiring private investigators to dig up any dirt I could find. <-- but I regret those thoughts. That isn't my true self. I've never even tried to do anything of the sort with what little power I do have. Never even tried to find out the latest gossip about people I am in conflict with.

I'm trying to convince myself that I'm in a better place now, and that I would be okay if I started making a lot of money. Not many of my family members have much money, and I'd enjoy helping them as much as I could, without making them dependent on me. If there was enough money, maybe it would be best to just give everyone in my immediate family a salary. If I had a lot of money, I can think of things I could do anonymously in my own community to make it a better place.

I'd use the money I had to be a little more reclusive... to get out of the limelight as much as possible, and just enjoy doing good things without making a big deal of it.

What about you? Would you be okay with a lot of money, or would you engage in self-destructive behavior, and/or use the money to do things that you'd later regret?

Are you a former fundy?

Last edited by shakespeare47; 06-18-2017 at 12:23 PM..
shakespeare47 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 06-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
9,225 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Would you be okay if you were wealthy?

I don't know... having lots of money always sounds great! But it seems like people who have it often end up with more problems than I, at least, have. Somehow it's never quite as easy as staying out of the limelight & helping those who are less fortunate. Someone is always trying to figure out a way of snookering you out of what you have. My spouse & I are fortunate at this point in that we're both retired. So it's easy for us to stay out of the limelight. I'm particularly adept at it. If I did have money though, I don't think I would use it to engage in self-destructive behavior. I'd probably just hide it somewhere & keep doing what I do...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Poohbah

bearguardian is realities per minute

735 hugs
given
Default Re: Would you be okay if you were wealthy?

I would give it away where its really needed. As long as I have a roof over my head, some savings, daily bread and a computer; Im safe on this plane of existence.

It would be great to invest it in fighting the Kthulu shadows from invading my mind...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Poohbah

bearguardian is realities per minute

735 hugs
given

...or fund an organization devoted to bring more equilibrium on the planet. I also feel threatened by all the stupid forces at work in this world...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 06-22-2017, 01:11 AM   #5
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
526 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I would give anything to be financially well off right now. No more worrying about not being able to provide for myself and no more having to work boring jobs or work extra hard at college.

I would love to just become a multimillionaire so I could buy a tiny house with full solar power and buy the piece of land so I never have to pay rent or worry about homelessness again and use the rest of my money to change the world and follow my passions.

DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #6
"I'm scarlet inside"

Fharraige "'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station"

My Mood:

5 yr Member
6,433 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I had an inheritance and spent it all getting this stupid house fixed. Don't know what I would do now. Buy a new house and a bunch of pretty stuff and travel around the world, I suppose.

I'm not good with money. My husband handles the finances and he does a good job with it.

BP Type 1, GAD, PTSD, BPD
Latuda, Artane, Neurontin, Viibryd and some other stuff

My poetry and prose
My Flickr Photostream
Fharraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Wandering soul

Fresia wants off of the merry-go-round from hades.

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Being homeless at one point, I can appreciate being able to support oneself. Having a steady income at this point, I can now save a lot of it to prevent this from happening in the future, paranoid you could say, because I know it can all be gone in a moment. I would not like to have to worry though and to take that pressure off, I would like to have a cushion.

If I had more, I could put more towards retirement, continue to donate to the various charities that helped me, give to others that I would like to be able to support, and put even more for my niece's and nephew's futures. I would be ok if I were wealthy because savings is always at the top of the list. I would keep doing what I am doing for work though as long as I possibly can, well, because I am definitely financially paranoid.

It completely boggles my mind that most lottery winners are broke within 2 years. I can comprehend how it happens but it breaks my heart.

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -M.Angelou
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Ana´s Nin.
It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
-Dalai Lama XIV
Fresia is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-11-2017, 02:31 AM   #8
affiligate has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare47 View Post
There have been times in my life when I literally knew I would destroy myself if I had a lot of money. I would have engaged in a lot of self-destructive behavior. And I would have used the money to try to get some petty payback. In the past I fantasized about hiring someone to make someone else's life miserable. I thought about making making sure the other had a bad day. Say, by just having my someone get in verbal fights with the other. And/or I've fantasized about hiring private investigators to dig up any dirt I could find. <-- but I regret those thoughts. That isn't my true self. I've never even tried to do anything of the sort with what little power I do have. Never even tried to find out the latest gossip about people I am in conflict with.

I'm trying to convince myself that I'm in a better place now, and that I would be okay if I started making a lot of money. Not many of my family members have much money, and I'd enjoy helping them as much as I could, without making them dependent on me. If there was enough money, maybe it would be best to just give everyone in my immediate family a salary. If I had a lot of money, I can think of things I could do anonymously in my own community to make it a better place.

I'd use the money I had to be a little more reclusive... to get out of the limelight as much as possible, and just enjoy doing good things without making a big deal of it.

What about you? Would you be okay with a lot of money, or would you engage in self-destructive behavior, and/or use the money to do things that you'd later regret?
I like Your post
affiligate is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #9
Grand Member

glamslam feels lost, these days...

My Mood:

1,849 hugs
given

No. I was wealthy when I became disabled.
glamslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 08-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
fuzzyowleyez has no updates.

7 hugs
given

I might not be mentally or physically "better" but I would sure have a lot of my immediate problems taken care of. No medical bills would be piling up, no debt, I could feed myself, and invest in activities I enjoy and causes I believe in. I would probably have trouble using harder drugs if I had the money for them though.
fuzzyowleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: