Poohbah

RomanSunburn has no updates.

My Mood: do you have a credit card

10 yr Member
602 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: do you have a credit card

I prefer to use a credit card rather than a debit card because with a credit card, you can challenge unauthorized uses and not have to pay them. With a debit card, someone can drain your account very easily. I also know that card skimmers are still a problem, especially at places like pay at the pump gas stations. I'm hoping that as the chip technology becomes more ubiquitous, debit cards will get safer. In the mean time, my husband and I just make sure to pay off our credit card every month, so it's practically a debit card.
RomanSunburn is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #22
Medusax
Medusax has no updates.

202 hugs
given

I have a Sams card, used ONLY at Sams. I have two VISA's, one through my bank and one with Chase. The one through the bank is my internet purchase card. the other is for incidental that I cannot pay cash for right at the moment. I am very good with money, it is something I pride myself on, but it is easy to get a little over your head even for the most responsible of us. How I keep it in check is I have a "little black book" and I write down the amounts I have spent when I charge something. It helps to see it in front of your face. When you can actually see where you are at it is easier to "check yourself before you wreck yourself". LOL!!
Old 12-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #23
DarknessIsMyFriend
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

3 yr Member
535 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I have 3 credit cards and I clearly can't use them right. One is maxed and another one is getting there.

Guess I'll never have a good credit score since I cant use a measly $300 credit limit right lol.
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the way of the world. In the face of a more powerful opponent, I would have no recourse but to suffer. That is why I seek strength.

You either die the hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.
DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:38 AM   #24
TheSeaCat

TheSeaCat has no updates.

686 hugs
given

I have a credit card and a debit card. I only really use my debit card; the credit card is a strictly emergency kind of thing; granted I have used it in the past when I had nothing on my debit card and really needed something, but I payed it right off.
PTSD

Seroquel 200mg
Buspar 10mg three times daily
Prilosec 20mg twice a day
TheSeaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #25
amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise thank gosh for generators

8 yr Member
682 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

most people over 18 do have a credit card and or debit card. it is very rare to use actual cash now due to all the stores and such are computerized, digital scanning. not saying people dont still use cash because some do, just that many stores, community agencies like city bus lines, air ports, train stations,DMV, social security and others now require payment by credit or debit cards. many USA states now also require everyone over 16 to have either a drivers license or state ID issued from the department of motor vehicles.

there are also many states that have changed their social services (ie food stamps, money and medical insurance plans) over to a benefit card that gets scanned rather than paper.

the enjoyment of living in the computerized digital age, paper is on the decline and "cards" with a security chip are in.

I do have to say carrying a debit card and credit card and photo ID is so much easier to deal with then standing in line counting out paper and coins.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #26
DarknessIsMyFriend
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

3 yr Member
535 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
most people over 18 do have a credit card and or debit card. it is very rare to use actual cash now due to all the stores and such are computerized, digital scanning. not saying people dont still use cash because some do, just that many stores, community agencies like city bus lines, air ports, train stations,DMV, social security and others now require payment by credit or debit cards. many USA states now also require everyone over 16 to have either a drivers license or state ID issued from the department of motor vehicles.

there are also many states that have changed their social services (ie food stamps, money and medical insurance plans) over to a benefit card that gets scanned rather than paper.

the enjoyment of living in the computerized digital age, paper is on the decline and "cards" with a security chip are in.

I do have to say carrying a debit card and credit card and photo ID is so much easier to deal with then standing in line counting out paper and coins.

Making me feel like I live in the stone age then.

My state still doesn't accept debit/credit for bus fare and still makes us use cash to pay the fee for driver's license and state ID.

Another reason why I want to get out of my backwards state soon lol. Oh well at least cost of living is low.
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the way of the world. In the face of a more powerful opponent, I would have no recourse but to suffer. That is why I seek strength.

You either die the hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.
DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 12-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #27
RomanSunburn
Poohbah

RomanSunburn has no updates.

10 yr Member
602 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

It really depends on where you are. There's a lot of businesses around here that have $5 or $10 credit card minimums. So if it's a place like a coffee shop, most people are going to use cash since a cup of coffee doesn't tend to be very expensive.

Regarding buses, I've been in a few different cities that have reloadable cards for frequent travelers, but if you're only using the bus on seldom occasions, you still have to use cash.

But I have to admit, the paper I miss the most is bonds and stocks! It was so much easier to give bonds and stocks as gifts when they were pieces of paper, especially to minors. Now you have to set up electronic trusts and what not. And it feels so much less like a present when you say "I bought you some stock and set up a trust for you. Sorry you don't get to unwrap anything...Happy birthday!"
RomanSunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: