Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Treatments and Self-Care Strategies > Hospitalization & Inpatient Treatment

advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #1

CalamityJane425 Spending Christmas all alone...AGAIN!

My Mood:

37 hugs
given
Default My Bad Experiance In Psych

I have something to share.
A bad experience I've had was this Doctor.
He was MEAN! Dr. *****worked at Providence hospital.
He had no bedside manner. When I would talk to him in one on
one sessions while hospitalized he would tell me to shut up among
other insults & I was there for severe DEPRESSION!
I was in inpatient & received zero help. There was a hospital social worker
& he was such a jerk! When I would ask him questions especially about possible housing (at the time I had been laid off) he would act all put out then give me an attitude.
I have a question why do people like these go into this kind of work? This happened back in the 90's but let me tell you mental health just hasn't gotten any better. Social workers are horrible, when you arrive those jerks place you in the ER were you listen to all sorts of screams I believe in Hell after you die, but here on earth the one hell is the hospital ER.
Instituitional racism exists big time in the hospitals they hate African Americans & treat us like animals.
Ever experienced 4 point restraints? I have. Hey lets NOT help the troubled young woman who is undiagnosed lets just tie her up like an animal.
When it comes my time to die I certainly DO NOT want it to be in a damn hospital.

Last edited by TheWell; 12-06-2017 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Removed identifying information
CalamityJane425 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
Legendary

pachyderm without status for sure.

10 yr Member
2,447 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: My Bad Experiance In Psych

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamityJane425 View Post
I have a question why do people like these go into this kind of work?
Maybe it's the only kind of job that they can get?

Here's something to think about, though it can be quite difficult in the moment: they are the ones who are dysfunctional; they are the ones who are distressed. If you can see it that way, it kind of reverses the picture.
Thou might'st him yet recover
-- Michael Drayton 1562 - 1631
pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #3

objtrbit has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamityJane425 View Post
I have something to share.
A bad experience I've had was this Doctor.
He was MEAN! Dr. *****worked at Providence hospital.
He had no bedside manner. When I would talk to him in one on
one sessions while hospitalized he would tell me to shut up among
other insults & I was there for severe DEPRESSION!

Hi, I was recently baker acted, still having flashbacks and problems with my two night stay. Haven't been on these forums in a long time so hope this font turns out alright.

I really feel for you with that bedside manner, being told to shut up is so unprofessional. That I assure you, is not what "mental health treatment" is supposed to look like, I feel you were wronged. It sucks so much to replay some of the tapes, things I wish I could have said to these "professionals".

"I was in inpatient & received zero help. There was a hospital social worker
& he was such a jerk! When I would ask him questions especially about possible housing (at the time I had been laid off) he would act all put out then give me an attitude."

Yeah I don't understand why these facilities are not connected with community resources.

"I have a question why do people like these go into this kind of work?"

Fer real! I have a bachelor's in psych, I could have done their freakin job, but they won't hire me. Someone pooped themselves and they acted like a bunch of little kids, don't they realize how embarrassing that can be for someone? I seriously could have done their job without humiliating anyone.

"This happened back in the 90's but let me tell you mental health just hasn't gotten any better. Social workers are horrible, when you arrive those jerks place you in the ER were you listen to all sorts of screams I believe in Hell after you die, but here on earth the one hell is the hospital ER."

My first night was in the ER, stupid nurse decided to cut off my circulation with the restraints just because I wouldn't put on their stupid 'gown' urrrgg, I'm transgender. I love your post, would love to go back and forth on rants with you about how bad the system truly is, it certainly helps me to talk about it, hope it would you as well. The things we could have said to these assholes lol.

Instituitional racism exists big time in the hospitals they hate African Americans & treat us like animals.
Ever experienced 4 point restraints? I have. Hey lets NOT help the troubled young woman who is undiagnosed lets just tie her up like an animal.
When it comes my time to die I certainly DO NOT want it to be in a damn hospital.
That is so ******; a girl I met at the hospital brought up that we were all just animals...wonder if that comes from these detached-*** robot people being hired for positions that are too social for them, I don't even know. What is four point restraints? They restrained me to the bed, hands and feet, I wanted to fight so they were right to. I was drunk and suicidal, wish they had just taken care of me and had done their damn jobs.

Thanks for your post
objtrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
Bozdickens has no updates.

My Mood:

20 hugs
given

I can sympathize with you.

the staff at a children’s psychiatric hospital for very aggressive kids used to tell the other kids to go after me. I was attacked 4 times by other patients.

Inpatient sucks.
Bozdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Poohbah
still_crazy has no updates.

2,179 hugs
given

i've only been hospitalized 2x. both were horrible experiences at "good facilities" with "good doctors." yeah, right.

"good hospital..." if you're like the one young woman the counselors fawned over, from a rich family married to a rich dude. that same counselor, btw, was supposed to give me psychotherapy. she billed for it, but i never received it.

they did treat the african american people worse, especially this one older lady. back then, it was like this: if, after 30 days, you still weren't "stable," they could ship you off to the state hospital. so, the older black lady started asking some question, and the counselor lady glares at her and goes "and...how long have you been here?"
still_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
9,299 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Shocked Re: My Bad Experiance In Psych

One of the things that keeps me from making a third attempt on my life is the prospect that I might once again survive... & end up in the HOSPITAL!
"Confess your hidden faults. Approach what you find repulsive. Help those you think you cannot help. Anything you are attached to, let it go. Go to places that scare you." (Advice, from her teacher, to the Tibetan yogini, Machig Labdrön)

"In other traditions demons are expelled externally. But in my tradition demons are accepted with compassion." Machig Labdrön, Tibet, 11th Century
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: