Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #11
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

My Mood: Stories about good/helpful inpatient experiences?

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Stories about good/helpful inpatient experiences?

It depended on the hospital for me. Some were good some were bad. I was at a children’s psychiatric hospital several times and I had good experiences there. That was the hospital where I got on Geodon.

I was at 6 Different hospitals and 2 of them were pretty bad. The other 4 were pretty good.

The last time was in 2015. I had overdosed and I was put in the nicest unit. I guess the other units were pretty bad except this one. It was my first and only time being in an adult unit/hospital. So it was a huge difference. But In a good way.
Mountaindewed is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 11-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #12
Kiya
Legendary

Kiya has no updates.

10 yr Member
3,939 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Was in the psych ER center last 2 days.... thankfully I had two great nurses (to make up for 2 really sucky drs). I knew one nurse and she really advocated for me. Drat- I meant to leave her a good comment card; same with the other, but I can't remember her name. The second lady, I praised her for handling a difficult patient well, unlike her co-workers.
The first lady told me I am a pleasure to work with as always.

Stories about good/helpful inpatient experiences?alt="Universal Life Church | ULC" border="0">
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #13
Calla lily12

Calla lily12 nothing

389 hugs
given

The last few times I went IP I feel I got a lot of help. There were groups all day, your "contact staff" checked in with you at each shift. They was very kind and listened to what I had to say. The psychiatrist used psychotherapy which made me decompensate a bit. But on the plus side, he knew it upset me and ordered extra meds and a closer watch afterwards.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I also was in a pediatric psychiatric unit In the 2nd best hospital in the state. It was pretty nice. My insurance would only pay for it twice. It was private insurance too.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #15
Katieissweet

Katieissweet has no updates.

3 yr Member
48 hugs
given

I love being inpatient I would live at my hospital if I could,I usually stay three months and have been going there for seven almost eight years.I have nicknames for all the staff and I had one great nurse who was spiritual and would talk to me for hours,but a lot of the staff are spiritual there,they were like a family - the staff.I fell in love with two of my psych nurses one was a hippy musician that would talk to me about goddesses and poetry.We have a nice yard and a radio that plays out there and I would dance wildly with my friend in the evenings,This is in Australia and the hospital is nice and new with your own big rooms and in nature,doesnít cost anything either.I loved not having the web so I could paint or write poems,dance,read,listen to the radio.I always made great friends there,I like getting up to have tea in the mornings.I always get dressed early, and do better in hospital there is a good routine,lots of support and I feel safe which makes a big difference to me.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #16
ArtleyWilkins
ArtleyWilkins has no updates.

Sometimes safety IS the helpful part. Yes, it can be boring, but you come out alive. That's IS helpful.

Most hospitalizations are designed really only for that purpose. They are short-term crisis intervention units, so they really aren't trying to "heal" you; they are simply keeping you safe and beginning medication management for stabilization. The expectation is that you will see a therapist for long-term work on your issues and healing.

That said, my hospitalizations were generally positive. The classes were sometimes actually rather informative (not all of them), the food was decent surprisingly enough, and I was able to take the time to not have to be responsible for anything but myself -- that was a major positive for me. Generally there were one or two other patients who I got to know fairly well and spent time visiting with. The staff was attentive and respectful. I usually left feeling more positive about my ability to manage and move forward than when I entered.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With Quote