Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Healthy Parenting

advertisement
Unread 04-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #1

peejcrafter has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Lightbulb Parental Alienation Syndrome. (P.A.S.)

I am a mom who, along with her children were victimized by their father by systematically brainwashing (and other techniques) the children from a young age. There are resources for men if it is the woman doing the alienating. I need support and I'm wondering if there are others like me who also need support, education and help from others in coping with this tragic loss. Sometimes, the syndrome can be reversed if it is dealt with early on. There are many resources I can share with men and women like myself. It is a very isolating and demeaning experience. Many parents who are, along with their children, victimized, tend to remain silence about what has or is being done to them. I would like help to make this a separate topic heading, since it is so prevalent. Many people say they've never heard of this, and they are being honest. Silence is devastating lives. I will provide references and resources, including information given to me by a leading psychologist in Texas, USA if there is interest. I hope I'm not the only one breaking the silence on this terrible, potentially life destroying experience.

advertisement
Unread 04-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

My Mood:

10 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Help Re: Parental Alienation Syndrome. (P.A.S.)

I want to give a resource for men experiencing this destructive attack on their relationship with their children: Google "shrink4men.com". I hope it helps.
Unread 05-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
Reclusive Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
7,799 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Thumbs up Re: Parental Alienation Syndrome. (P.A.S.)

Hello peejcrafter: Well... the Skeezyks would have to admit he is one of those people you mentioned who's never heard of this. Perhaps you might consider posting a bit more about it. Maybe it could become a social group.
"Oh, do not say / My spirit is not worn-- / As curtains furl / In the west wind, / I am more withered / Than the chrysanthemums' / Yellow flowers." (From a poem by the poetess Li Ching-Jau, China, Southern Sung period, c. 1125 A.D.)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #4

My Mood:

10 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Lightbulb Re: Parental Alienation Syndrome. (P.A.S.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Hello peejcrafter: Well... the Skeezyks would have to admit he is one of those people you mentioned who's never heard of this. Perhaps you might consider posting a bit more about it. Maybe it could become a social group.
ARe you in particular considering a male group?
peejcrafter
Unread 05-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #5

My Mood:

10 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Re: Parental Alienation Syndrome. (P.A.S.)

You are both very welcome. there is a support group on Facebook that is particularly helpful to many people if you are interested.
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:50 AM   #6
Poohbah

Verity81 has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
210 hugs
given

Thank you for the resource my husband is currently going through this with his ex. His youngest is being kept away from us because the older one has chosen to live with us since she has experienced a lot of emotional abuse at her mums.
We are currently going through court proceedings but it could take months before we see the youngest. They are both girls by the way. The oldest is also getting mental health support because of the abuse.
We know his ex is trying to alienate us as when we call the youngest she is being told what to say in the background and says she doesn't want to see us, yet when her dad meets her at school she gives him the biggest hug. She is only 8

Verity81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:44 AM   #7

Refuse2Sink has no updates.

My Mood:

P.A.S. Is something that I had never heard of before today...(just recently, I started a new daily goal: to learn five new things every day. This will be my first for the day, thank you!) I decided to google "PAS", to learn more about it...seems that I have heard of this in the past. In the case study that I am familiar with, a man turned his son against his own mother, teaching the child to verbally, psychologically, and physically abuse the mother. In this particular case, he abused her on video tape. It was shocking. As a survivor of domestic abuse, I realize just how bad an abuser can ruin your life. It can take years to even begin to heal from just a few months of abuse. Have you spoken to a therapist about PAS? Good luck to you and let us know how things are holding up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addiction Recovery, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, OCD.
Refuse2Sink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
Infamous Vampire Duck
Community Liaison

Mike_J has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

PAS is very real, and as bad as it is on the effected parent, it is SO much worse on the child in the long run.

My ex started a systematic program of alienate my daughter from me a year before the word divorce was ever mentioned. It was part of her very well extensive plan to screw me over in every possible way, I mean who plans a divorce in secret for over a year?

Thanks peejcrafter for bringing up this important subject, and I am SO sorry you are having to go through this.
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” Gandhi
Mike_J is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
Account Suspended

Shaly78 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
22 hugs
given

Mom, seek help first try to fix you first then worry about the children later on. That is the approach I have taken. I know your probably really busy but it might be too much to family therapy all of you when you individual needs. Of course, each individual situation is different. Practice forgiveness, because ultimately if you haven't already tried to convicted him using the court police it is a little too late for that. Remember if the children has contact with one that is resistant then you always run the risk of the children still being exposed to some of that parental ways who are too conceited to see what is actually hurtful.
Shaly78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

BipolarMama31 has no updates.

My father did this to me and my 2 siblings.
After 20 years, i no longer have contact with him or them and me and my mom are best friends. It was awful the things he tried to brainwash me into thinking.
I lived with him for 4 years and didnt talk to my mom. But once i left his home i saw what he was doing and got really close to my mom.

I cant even believe the horrible ways he tried to make me think my mom was the devil and he family was crazy. Turns out he was a controlling narsiccist, not her.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
BipolarMama31 is offline   Reply With Quote