My Mood: Tooth pain?

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Tooth pain?

Iím having teeth sensitivity on one of my bottom teeth. It started last week. Itís really painful to eat warm stuff. Not cold stuff. Just warm stuff. And itís mostly biting into stuff. I was eating these Lean Cuisine lasagnas and the pain was so bad to the point where Iím just not buying them at this point. It went away for a few days after switching toothpastes, but today I was eating a lukewarm baked potato and I bit into it and it hurt. My next dentist appointment was in April, but Iím going on vacation in May, and Iíd like to get things taken care of before that. So I rescheduled for next Thursday. Iím actually not too nervous for once. Iím usually terrified of the dentist. I donít know if itís a root canal issue or what. But I donít get why itís just when I bite into warm stuff and itís not constant.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #2
sarahsweets
Grand Member

sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
71 hugs
given
Default Re: Tooth pain?

I had the same thing and then it began to ache. I needed a root canal it was my very first one. I was told by the periodontist that warmth sensitivity is usually signs of a root problem whereas cold sensitivity is more of a cavity problem. Get it checked out before it goes from mild to horrible.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
Mountaindewed
Elder

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Would the pain come and go and not be with everything if it was a root canal issue? Last night I was eating something warm and I had no issues.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
Mountaindewed
Elder

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I may have figured out the problem. I wear a retainer at night. I also have a problem with clenching my teeth. I noticed last night the metal part of my retainer is hitting right on the tooth that hurts. So Iím wondering if at night Iím grinding down on my teeth, and my retainer is causing pain. Iíve talked with my dentist before about the teeth grinding and clenching. So Iíll probably have to come up with $180 for a night guard. That makes more sense than needing a root canal. If anything my oral hygiene has improved. I quit soda 3 months ago. I rarely eat candy too. The last time I saw the dentist was in October, and she said I had no issues. So itís probably the clenching/retainer.