Is anyone using Medical Marijuana? - Page 4 - Forums at Psych Central

Old 02-25-2019, 12:03 AM #31

Calypso2632 Working on it

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given
Default Re: Is anyone using Medical Marijuana?

My take
I used to smoke all the time as a teenager. Get high, hang out, grab some munchies, go to bed.
Now I want nothing to do with it and I'm only 36. By the time I was probably 26 I was having issues with it. And not just smoke. Edibles too. Brownies, cookies, candy. For me it comes with paranoia, upset stomach, restlessness, a kind of underwhelming anxiety if that makes any sense.. I have anxiety and pot does not relieve this for me at all. I live in Maine and medical has been around for a while, recreational is legal now and CBD is everywhere. I'm very interested in that because it doesn't have the psychological effects and I could use some pain and anxiety relief. Expensive tho..
Old 03-06-2019, 06:23 PM #32
Poohbah

Poohbah
Emily Fox Seaton has no updates.

2 yr Member
275 hugs
given
Default Re: Is anyone using Medical Marijuana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
Now I want nothing to do with it and I'm only 36. By the time I was probably 26 I was having issues with it. And not just smoke. Edibles too. Brownies, cookies, candy. .
Thanks. I think I am absolutely done with it. Or done with edibles. I might try to smoke it over the summer but last night I took some, not even a lot. Within about 2 hours I was kind of wide awake. But then I noticed and was bothered by what sounded like a bizarre noise. Like thunder but not. Like in the distance someone was lifting up dumpsters and banging them down.

I noticed that no one else (neighbors ) seemed to be up. I literally live out in the middle of no place. Right next to a large conservation land which backs up on a farm.

What could it possibly be? I thought.

I took my pot at 8 PM and this noise seemed to back down around 3 AM.

So today I asked a few neighbors -- no one heard it. I couldn't sleep WITH A LOUD FAN ON, and they couldn't hear it?

So I looked up Auditory hallucinations and sure enough this can be a side effect of Marijuana. We will see if tonight I hear the same thing but man -- this is now like the 4th or 5th sleepless night since December because of either anxiety or something related to Marijuana. Just not worth it.
Emily Fox Seaton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote