Chat Leader

DocJohn is feeling better...

My Mood: Welcome to Health Support

10 yr Member
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Welcome to Health Support

The link between mental health and physical health is fairly well understood -- they are interrelated and one can and does directly affect the other. Most people recognize the mental disorder they're grappling with by at least some physical symptoms. For instance, people who are dealing with depression may find themselves tired, lethargic, and have difficulty sleeping. People with anxiety might find it difficult to breath during a panic attack, or feel restless and nervous.

The opposite is also true. People who have long term physical illnesses often suffer from related mental health issues as well. Someone battling cancer may feel depressed by the length and severity of the treatment. People with permanent disabilities often find it difficult to maintain a steady state of good mental health because their physical limitations are a constant difficulty.

This forum is for you to discuss these issues, grappling with physical health issues and your mental health issues all in one place. I hope you find support and care in one another's sharing.

Good luck and take care,
DocJohn

DocJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
nightdream
Grand Member
nightdream has no updates.

10 yr Member
Default Re: Welcome to Health Support

Thank you so very much for this new forum. Very thoughtful and kind of you to do so.

Take good care of yourself!
nightdream

nightdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
LadyDragus
Grand Magnate

LadyDragus has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

this will help out a great deal..

Now I have a place to talk about my migranes and hopefully others will be able to help me cope with the hurt of the pain that it causes..

<font color=purple>The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
- G.K. Chesterton
<font color=purple>
LadyDragus is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM   #4
yokus
yokus has no updates.

10 yr Member

Thank you for giving us a place where we can talk about health issues that greatly affect our depression.

yokus is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
inkblot
Magnate

inkblot has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Thank you!!! Sometimes it really gets me down and frustrates me when my physical problems affect my abilities. What emotionally hurts the most is when it's hard to play with my kids the way I used to. There are some things that I just can't do anymore. I know that I will make good use of this forum in the future! Thanks again, doc.

inkblot is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 05-11-2004, 04:04 AM   #6
Ahmad
Ahmad has no updates.

10 yr Member

Well, hereby I also want to say thank you to all studious members of this site who have provided it for our use. The main thing is that here are some people who have the problems we are right now dealing whth, or, at least, know our feelings well. Here we can see that everyone has his/her own personal problem and everyone suffers from something; it does not matter what it is.
Let's hope we all get rid of our problems and sufferings and improve our life.
regards,
Ahmad

Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 04-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
debslife58
debslife58 has no updates.

10 yr Member

I'm afraid to be too hopeful, but it seems you read my mind and created this place! Thank you!
debslife58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 04-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

(JD) has no updates.

10 yr Member
1,747 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Welcome to PC debs.
(JD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
1799 has no updates.

10 yr Member

I THINK I WAS RAPED AND MOM TELLS ME I WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED AND AND I AM SAD ALL THE TIME AND I WANT TO RUNAWAY AND I AM HAVING NIGHTMARES AND I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT AND MY HEART KEEPS A POUNDING REALLY HARD AND I'M OUT OF BREATH ALL THE TIME AND I CAN'T QUIT CRYING AND MY MIND KEEPS A RACING WITH THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE ON MY MIND AND I WORRY CONSTANTLY. WHAT IS THIS AND CAN YOU HELP ME.
1799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #10
howru
howru has no updates.

8 yr Member
Help Re: Welcome to Health Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
The link between mental health and physical health is fairly well understood -- they are interrelated and one can and does directly affect the other. Most people recognize the mental disorder they're grappling with by at least some physical symptoms. For instance, people who are dealing with depression may find themselves tired, lethargic, and have difficulty sleeping. People with anxiety might find it difficult to breath during a panic attack, or feel restless and nervous.

The opposite is also true. People who have long term physical illnesses often suffer from related mental health issues as well. Someone battling cancer may feel depressed by the length and severity of the treatment. People with permanent disabilities often find it difficult to maintain a steady state of good mental health because their physical limitations are a constant difficulty.

This forum is for you to discuss these issues, grappling with physical health issues and your mental health issues all in one place. I hope you find support and care in one another's sharing.

Good luck and take care,
DocJohn
Thank you, but i think it is too late for me.
I can't stand the how r u question. Everyone asks as if they really cared. So I answer back with the politicly correct asnwer and a fake smile. I'm good thank you. How r u? When inside my mind is saying, if they only knew. Anyways i have been struggling alot latley with my health and mental state, so here is a site that maybe can help me, i don't know, like I said, my mind is telling me its too late because I have totally ruined my health. I guess I look at this site tomorrow.
howru is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: