Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 03-29-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
Uvbnskoold
Newly Joined
Uvbnskoold has no updates.

Default Insecurity, anxiety, etc.

Hi there!

I'm looking for advice/help in dealing with something I've dealt with for quite a while now... turning 40 next week and I'm sick and tired of having the same thoughts all the time.

I am told constantly that I am loved, that I'm a good person - amazing, even - and I do lots for my girlfriend and our life together. Yet I'm constantly always agonizing over every sound, look, word that she says... and despite everything she says, I have trouble truly believing it. Somewhere down inside me I know it's true, but why then do I sit here and think, and think, and think about it, and doubt it... challenge it?

I have a great life with my woman and she's extremely patient (and has her own baggage), but it's getting to the point where I'm being super smothering with affection because I'm likely insecure about everything, whereas I know I should just chill and relax. But I can't seem to do this.

I don't know how to change, but I know it's necessary. I know I have a problem with diving down rabbit holes and spending too much time in my noggin. I'm overweight and have been for 20 years or so... I'm thinking that losing weight by exercising and eating right will help this but also my mental health - has anyone had experience with this personally that can verify if this helps? I know it's not a total solution, as you can't just change it like that... but if anyone has tips with dealing with insecurities that cause massive anxiety and depression, I would be willing to listen and talk with you.

I feel like a constant bag of problems and don't know how to change that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Uvee.
Uvbnskoold is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
cool09
Poohbah
cool09 has no updates.

5 yr Member
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Insecurity, anxiety, etc.

Is irritable a good word to use? I'm an irritable person and have trouble listening to conversation and have problems with noise. I swam and it helped me with depression for a few hours afterwards. I don't have any other tips.
cool09 is offline   Reply With Quote