Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Treatments and Self-Care Strategies > Habit Change

advertisement

Old 04-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #31
Buffy01 has no updates.

My Mood:

771 hugs
given
Default Re: Letting go of social media for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazerac View Post
I went back and forth about social media. I got hurt by crazy family members going on rampages when they were having an episode. Then I got annoyed and thought “hey wait a minute, this my account..I can say whatever I want to say just like everyone else!” If I don’t feel like looking at it I don’t. I post stuff about mental health awareness, and other social issues. If I’m having a bad day I say it. I unfriend anyone who gets in my nerves or says rude things to me and even if we are family or “friends.”
I had some experience in that which is why I don't have a Facebook. I had upset my sister best friend because I threaten to sue her for the hateful comment she post on her Facebook page about me. She still don't believe me when I informed her the law against cyberbullying and what I would or could do if decide to take her to court.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 04-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #32
Buffy01 has no updates.

My Mood:

771 hugs
given
Default Re: Letting go of social media for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaquemind0 View Post
Hello,

I am looking to get rid of my social media accounts for good. As far as I know, all are scheduled to be deleted if not deleted already.

For me, it's easy to hop right back on and create a new profile. I've had this issue on-and-off for almost 4 years now.

The urge to see how people are doing and to look up former partners and acquaintances are just so tough to push away.

I personally believe that being on social media is incredibly harmful for me and the inner peace and calmness I want to have.

However, this issue of mine is completely consistent and troublesome for me. I think I'm trying to compare myself to other people and perhaps beat myself up for not being a good enough partner and friend to others. (I don't have close friends, and I'm single, just to be clear.)

I'm grateful to open up about this issue here. As I'm writing this, I'm noticing issues that involve more than social media, but I just wanted to write this out to see if anyone can relate or can help in anyway. I hope to let my T know how I feel about this topic as well.

I appreciate your time. Thank you.
I had to leave several things in social media that I like. Because it was affecting my mental health.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: