Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > General Q&A

advertisement
Unread 07-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
rdgrad15 has no updates.

My Mood:

130 hugs
given
Default Cringy moments

What are some of the most cringy moments you've had to deal with? I've had quite a lot but the most recent one I had was when someone told a prospective employer during a phone call who wanted to conduct an interview that she had been laid off and really needed the interview. Not something you should outright tell an interviewer until they ask first. I bet she probably will not get the position. I also had a coworker tell me several times how much she can't stand being at the place we work at within earshot of my supervisor. Again, not something you should say out loud if you want to keep a job. Just to name a couple. How did you react during some cringy moments? Just curious.
rdgrad15 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 07-12-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
Grand Magnate

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
8,938 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cringy moments

I had a co-worker once who was extremely annoying. I expressed to the person who shared my cubicle how irritating he was without realizing he had walked into the cubicle directly behind mine and heard it. Was my face red!
Jennifer 1967 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-12-2017, 06:02 AM   #3
rdgrad15 has no updates.

My Mood:

130 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 1967 View Post
I had a co-worker once who was extremely annoying. I expressed to the person who shared my cubicle how irritating he was without realizing he had walked into the cubicle directly behind mine and heard it. Was my face red!
Oh I bet that was very awkward. But I hope the annoying coworker tried to change his behavior afterwards. Most people probably would try to change if they heard that other people thought they were annoying.
Unread 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #4
Elder

justafriend306 a mother, girlfriend, friend

454 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I cringe when I see people publicly humiliate themselves. Worse when they have no clue this is happening.
justafriend306 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
rdgrad15 has no updates.

My Mood:

130 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafriend306 View Post
I cringe when I see people publicly humiliate themselves. Worse when they have no clue this is happening.
Same here.
Unread 07-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
Spark13 has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
What are some of the most cringy moments you've had to deal with? I've had quite a lot but the most recent one I had was when someone told a prospective employer during a phone call who wanted to conduct an interview that she had been laid off and really needed the interview. Not something you should outright tell an interviewer until they ask first. I bet she probably will not get the position. I also had a coworker tell me several times how much she can't stand being at the place we work at within earshot of my supervisor. Again, not something you should say out loud if you want to keep a job. Just to name a couple. How did you react during some cringy moments? Just curious.
Maybe your co-worker was not aware of your supervisor being around or being so loud.

I am opposite and am usually talking very quietly. It feels like I am shouting, my throat feels sore from talking and I end up not realising how quiet I am unless someone mentions it to me.

Not most awkward, but quite often there is quite a lot of foreigners which come to place I work at and they don't speak any English. I am fluent in 2 languages, know basic german and basic of several eastern European languages but I can't cover all languages of the world. The worst is when they change kiosk language and expect me to help them and speaking in their own language. The worst is when they think that by being extremely loud it will make me understand them more
Spark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #7
Donutworryrelax has no updates.

6 hugs
given

I was at a new school and really wanted to make friends at cross country practice. During cool-down stretching, some girl told me that her hands hurt. However, I thought she said, "my *** hurts", so I basically yelled, "my *** hurts too!" It the next day when I realized that she had said "my hands hurt". I didn't stay at that school for too long haha.
Donutworryrelax is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-14-2017, 02:29 AM   #8
Poohbah

Hopingtrying has no updates.

2,343 hugs
given

I cringe at some of my posts. I get on a kick (start talking about the same things over and over) and do it by posting on others threads then interjecting my own boring repetitive stuff. It may look like I have no clue that I am publicly humiliating myself but I know it is occassionally out of control. And I must totally annoy someone on here but she is to nice to say anything. There are a lot of sweet people at this forum. But now that I have interjected my stuff, back to the intended thread--when you are impulsive--you do a lot of cringy stuff. I have always talked way to much so I have had teachers (when I was in elementary school) and employers load me up with work so I would be to busy to talk! There is something wrong with me when I am that way. I think when people are irritating and annoying--it just makes people stay away from them. If they annoy to many of their friends, family and coworkers then they will become lonely. Change that annoying, cringeworthy behavior and most of those friends, family and coworkers will welcome you back (the nice ones).......
Hopingtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #9
Elder

justafriend306 a mother, girlfriend, friend

454 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I am cringing already and the situation has even happened yet.

I need my mattress taken to the dump. But I am embarrassed for it to be seen. It has been stained. I once fostered a dog for several months which repeatedly urinated on my bed. it's a white mattress so the stains are obvious. I can't put this off forever but cringing is the best way to describe what I am feeling.
justafriend306 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #10
Poohbah

carrie_ann is trying

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,331 hugs
given

most cringe-worthy moment ... replying to an email saying "sorry but who are you?" reply "erm, it's me aunty"
carrie_ann is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: