Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > General Q&A

advertisement
Unread 07-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
Bozdickens has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given
Default Re: Cringy moments

I asked a women if I had offended her. She had her headphones on and I asked like 5 times. She still didn't hear me and I had to ask someone to get her attention for me. My therapist was staring at me the whole time. It happened a year ago, and I doubt anyone remembers it, but I still cringe when I think about it.
Bozdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:23 AM   #12

QuixoticDeLaEternal has no updates.

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
My Mood:

13 hugs
given

When I watch a TV show or movie and there is buildup to or even if I think there is about to be an awkward social encounter I cringe and fast-forward through the scene.

From personal experience: hmm...I've been friends with people that don't like each other, which can be awkward if I'm hanging out with one and we run into the other.
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #13
rdgrad15 has no updates.

My Mood:

130 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticDeLaEternal View Post
When I watch a TV show or movie and there is buildup to or even if I think there is about to be an awkward social encounter I cringe and fast-forward through the scene.

From personal experience: hmm...I've been friends with people that don't like each other, which can be awkward if I'm hanging out with one and we run into the other.
The movie example, yes I am the same way. I will fast forward through the scene or distract myself briefly to avoid watching an awkward encounter. Sometimes they can be too awkward to watch in my opinion, especially if it is something even I wouldn't do and I can be awkward myself. And yes, I am friends with two people who hate each other. It is awkward to run into one when you're with the other. Although now that all my friends are out of college like me, it is now very easy to hang out with them one-on-one without seeing the other.
rdgrad15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #14
"I'm scarlet inside"

Fharraige "'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station"

My Mood:

5 yr Member
4,957 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Walking into a Golden Corral with a friend that wanted to go there. After securing a table, I said,"Now let us graze..."

My husband still won't let me live it down.

BP Type 1, GAD, PTSD, BPD
Latuda, Artane, Neurontin, Vistaril and some other stuff

My poetry and prose
My Flickr Photostream
Fharraige is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
Bozdickens has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticDeLaEternal View Post

I used to do this when Extreme Makeover Home Edtion was on. When the crew knocked on the family's door, and the family was screaming and getting all excited, I would feel embarrassed for them and I would be very uncomfortable watching it.

I now know that they were just really happy and were not embarrassing themselves.
Bozdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: