Blue_Bird
Legendary

Blue_Bird is ready for change!

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3,994 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What mental illnesses are you or do you think you’re struggling with ?

I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type, Bulimia Nervosa, and Panic Disorder

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 12-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #12
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What mental illnesses are you or do you think you’re struggling with ?

I’m diagnosed with Bipolar, General anxiety disorder, autism spectrum disorder, and depressive disorder.

I know I have PMDD but since my psych doctors don’t prescribe my birth control we don’t really discuss my symptoms. I also may or may not have have C-PTSD. That was a self diagnosis. I may just have traits of it. The one time I mentioned it to a therapist it didn’t go well and I didn’t mention it again.

I also feel like I have SAD instead of depressive disorder. I forget what depression feels like March-October.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I don’t care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
88Butterfly88
Warrior

88Butterfly88 is fluttering by

My Mood:

3 yr Member
7,054 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

It is generally agreed upon by professionals that I have Autism Spectrum Disorder (though some may not call this a mental illness), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Other diagnoses some people have given me have included Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder. Current pdoc says I have bipolar tendencies but not enough for an official diagnosis. In addition I'm a stress eater but don't quite meet the criteria for Binge Eating Disorder and I have people in my head that talk to me but I'm told I'm not psychotic. Hopefully going to a psychologist soon for another opinion on the people in my head.
88Butterfly88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #14
TheLonelyChemist
Grand Poohbah

TheLonelyChemist Becuse no one can take away from you what you no longer have

My Mood:

1,661 hugs
given

I suspect I have an anxiety disorder as well as schizophrenia. I am always anxious, and I do have minor visual psuedohallucinations which sometimes I cannot recognize and call 'hallucinations' However I visit a psychiatrist and I am in treatment for my mental disorders. I haven't been told of my diagnosis because of two things most probably
1) It will affect my performance in everything
2) I am too young and probably not yet diagnosed with comorbidity that could actually be a game-changer. I will turn 18 this 21st.

But when I was fifteen, my psychiatrist did tell me I have "psychosis." It's very vague cause psychosis can both be triggered and permanent. And I wouldn't die to know my diagnosis, and therapists are very less in numbers here in our country.
You wanna know what I believe? That this isn't the end, that there's another world out there for both of us. That we'll see each other again. And we'll play, and dance, and bake, and sing. Doesn't that sound beautiful? Will you believe with me?

TheLonelyChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #15
zapatoes

zapatoes Mood: good

My Mood:

248 hugs
given

Meant to say I believe I have nonverbal learning disorder.
zapatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #16
TheSeaCat

TheSeaCat has no updates.

My Mood:

644 hugs
given

Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Bipolar 2
PMDD
PTSD
Panic Attacks; not frequent enough to warrant a Panic Disorder dx.
ADHD as a child; grew out of it during first year of college.
PTSD

Seroquel 200mg
Buspar 10mg three times daily
Prilosec 20mg twice a day
TheSeaCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-07-2018, 04:24 AM   #17
unlikemostothers
unlikemostothers has no updates.

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatoes View Post
Official diagnoses in the past:
1. Social anxiety disorder
2. Anxiety disorder
3. Avoidant traits
4. Mild TBI and learning disorder, mild cognitive disorder
Unofficial diagnosis and what I believe I have:
1. Not nonverbal learning disorder
2. OCD traits
I sometimes feel like three separate people, living three separate lives.
unlikemostothers is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #18
DarknessIsMyFriend
Resurgent

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
534 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Official Diagnosis:

PTSD
General Anxiety Disorder
Major Depression Disorder

As a child:

Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Explosive Anger Disorder

Unofficial (what I think I may have):

ADHD
Some kind of personality disorder (thinking avoidant with some BDD traits).
OCD traits
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the way of the world. In the face of a more powerful opponent, I would have no recourse but to suffer. That is why I seek strength.

You either die the hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.
DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #19
LiteraryLark
Merry Christmas!

LiteraryLark needs good vibes! :D

My Mood:

8 yr Member
889 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
is it just me, or does anyone else like the word "elements".

I just think it's nice

ah yeah- I also self harm. I forgot that
Yes, elements is so pleasing to the ear...

My official diagnosis is bipolar disorder...undiagnosed but relevant would be PTSD from hospitalization and losing my home in the wildfires, SI (last time was December 2017, WOW time flies fast!), an anxiety disorder which is in remission...mostly...and I have some form of BDD/Eating Disorder.

My question is...does it really matter what is on paper and what we know is wrong with us? I know I have PTSD but it's never been diagnosed or put on paper. I'm not sure if it makes people feel better or if there are some perks to having it on paper, my only thoughts were for matters of applying for disability it would help you get approved if you're doctor said you had XYZ rather than saying you have XYZ without it being official.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #20
eskielover
just me wantng to be free

eskielover has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was officially diagnosed with major depression recurrant & major anxiety back in 1994. It was bad enough I ended up on disability on my first application. It got worse the longer I was financially trapped in my bad marriage but I didn't understand that at the time & none of my pdocs I had nor T's saw it.

I also ended up with a dx of anorexia that really got so bad for awhile I was in & out of the medical hospital constantly between psych hospitalizations & holds.

Just before I was finally able to leave my marriage my mom was dying of cancer. Catching & confronting the home care person abusing her & the threats I got along with dealing with the police & an oncoligist who would not be honest with my mom.....I ended up with PTSD that was finally diagnosed too when all the symptoms finally hit.

After I left my H & moved to a place where I knew no one to start my life over at 54 I went to therapy & the first T I saw explained how many things I described going through were actually many traumas in my life. Doubt it was an actual diagnosis though. I finally ended up seeing 2 outstanding T's one initially was the group psychologist fir the 2 years of intense DBT I went through. It was like night & day. I finally had the words & the understanding of all I had gone through. I gained skills I had never learned & reinforced those I had managed to have developed through my life.

We got through that & have spent time integrating my past with my present & the wonderful friends I have made have helped me work on the interpersonal skills that were missing growing up with dysfunctional parents & marrying a dysfunctional H (for a total of 54 years out if my life)

I had no idea who I really was because I spent my life fighting their dysfunctions & always reacting rather than just being able to be myself.

Interesting how leaving my bad marriage after both my parents had died I have been able to control any anorexia though stress will trigger it & my depression & anxiety is totally gone other than what is NORMAL to experience when difficult things happen in one's life. The PTSD no longer effects me & the nightmares to excape my H or my parents no longer happens now that I am finally divorced & I am finishing my my marriage assets battle in the state we were married in. Had decent closure when I was back there for a court hearing last summer.

I always sensed life should feel like I finally feel now but I could never get there before I moved here 11 years ago. It has been a long 11 year process if healing & growing after a lifetime if stress & anxiety I never realized was happening to me.

In loving memory of Mister my first & very special horse
WyndSong Farm

“One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.”
(Charles M. Blow)
eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote