Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #131
Emily Fox Seaton
Poohbah

Emily Fox Seaton has no updates.

My Mood: Is this how most people are?

2 yr Member
224 hugs
given
Default Re: Is this how most people are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
I won't play the wealthy elite's game. I despise the rich with a passion. I am a self proclaimed robin hood that would screw over the rich to help somebody in need if given the chance. I do things my own way, outside of the system.
We share this. One real problem I have where I work is that for some reason the culture is the the elites are "GODS" and we should treat them that way. That is so offensive to me. I feel like people get respect when they earn it.. and they don't earn it by a title.

This of course makes it so I will never get anyplace.

This is my second career and my goal when I started was to protect the underdog but, the way to protect the underdog is by gaining power and the only way to gain power is to suck up and put your ethics and individuality aside.
Emily Fox Seaton is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #132
DarknessIsMyFriend
Supreme Being

DarknessIsMyFriend has no updates.

3 yr Member
603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
We share this. One real problem I have where I work is that for some reason the culture is the the elites are "GODS" and we should treat them that way. That is so offensive to me. I feel like people get respect when they earn it.. and they don't earn it by a title.

This of course makes it so I will never get anyplace.

This is my second career and my goal when I started was to protect the underdog but, the way to protect the underdog is by gaining power and the only way to gain power is to suck up and put your ethics and individuality aside.

Agreed.

That's why I am not in any way interested in climbing the corporate ladder. I am going to be entirely self employed doing my own thing my whole life. If for whatever reason I need a regular job, I will work in technical/developer positions only as long as I need the money.

Heck, the way to "climb" as a web or software developer is to work for a company for no longer than 12-18 months and then move on. Startups in particular expect to lose their developers within a year. Doing things that way ends up getting you better paying jobs if you are interested in working for companies as a developer because companies typically won't shell out the money to promote people when they expect their developers to leave.

I will spend my life treating companies exactly how they would treat me, use them and then abandon them when they outlive their usefulness.
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the way of the world. In the face of a more powerful opponent, I would have no recourse but to suffer. That is why I seek strength.

You either die the hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.
DarknessIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #133
DarknessIsMyFriend
Supreme Being

3 yr Member
603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I also agree with the fact that respect is earned and not given.

It's funny how people think that because they are older or have more money that they are somehow entitled to respect.

I couldn't care less about how much money you have or how old you are. Just because you're older or richer than me doesn't mean I will bend to your will.

Me being that way really pisses people off, especially the part about age lol.
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the way of the world. In the face of a more powerful opponent, I would have no recourse but to suffer. That is why I seek strength.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #134
Inaccurate

Inaccurate I will be fine! ^^

2 yr Member
5 hugs
given

Heres an interesting article.

I promised to post some sith ways and I will

Emotional Intelligence Can Be Dangerous. Avoid These Traps | Time
Inaccurate is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #135
Inaccurate

Inaccurate I will be fine! ^^

2 yr Member
5 hugs
given

Quote:

It's funny how people think that because they are older or have more money that they are somehow entitled to respect.

I couldn't care less about how much money you have or how old you are. Just because you're older or richer than me doesn't mean I will bend to your will.

Me being that way really pisses people off, especially the part about age lol.
Thats exactly how many commoners think and act yes.

Never bending to anyone's will is the key to many things, especially to making others bend toyour will

Think about any leader in politics. Can you imagine any of them openly bending to anyone's will? Lol of course not, that fate is deserved for some commoners. Of the lowest grade too lol.

Some women, especially with children tend to think that them using their reproductive organs makes them "better". You know all that "women and children first" ********.
Inaccurate is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #136
DarknessIsMyFriend
Supreme Being

3 yr Member
603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaccurate View Post
Some women, especially with children tend to think that them using their reproductive organs makes them "better". You know all that "women and children first" ********.

Oh man, I actually got into a heated debate about this very subject not too long ago.

This lady overheard a conversation between me and my friend where we were talking about our messed up pasts (we both had parents that royally failed at being parents lol). She came up to us and told me how I should respect my mother because she gave birth to me. I told her I don't owe my cum dumpster of mother a damn thing because she was a selfish abusive ***** that screwed up my childhood.

She was ranting and raving about how my mother probably just made mistakes and how I should respect her because she gave me life and how I wouldn't exist in the world without her and other nonsense. I flat out told her that having the ability to pump out a kid doesn't make you special because there are over 4 billion other women in the world that can do the same damn thing.

Needless to say this person stays clear of me now LOL

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-24-2019, 02:29 AM   #137
Anonymous55888
Anonymous55888 has no updates. Edit

4 million and all female animals But seriously, parents seem to think this. That children must be grateful for the effort parents put to have raised them. The argument is simple: I didn't ask to come to this life, and had no choice in it. Since parents decided to bring us here, they are OBLIGED to take care of us. It's an instinct that parents, especially mothers in all the animal kingdom, to take care of their offspring until they become strong and independent. Unlike other animals, though, humans keep this lingering relationship with parents, and parents think they own their children, and their children must be grateful to them. I am sure loving parents would receive their children's love and respect without demanding it, but if parents are not loving and abusive, even if they provide food and money, they don't have any right to demand their children's love and respect or even presence around them. Every one can be a biological parent, but not every one must be one. Yes, humans' lives is not easy, and taking care of children isn't easy, but again, no one forces any one to have children, I assume.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-24-2019, 03:28 AM   #138
DarknessIsMyFriend
Supreme Being

3 yr Member
603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Background Noise View Post
Every one can be a biological parent, but not every one must be one. Yes, humans' lives is not easy, and taking care of children isn't easy, but again, no one forces any one to have children, I assume.

This is seriously one of the best quotes I've read on here in awhile. Truer words have never been spoken in this land of crazies we call psych central

On a more serious note, I never understood why so many people decide to have children like it's some kind of law. I see people in their late teens/early 20s ruining their lives by having 2-4 children when they have no business having kids and all I can think is "why"? It almost seems like to me many people are guided mostly by their primal instincts and lack the intellectual capacity to question why they "need" children.

I'm going on 28, yet I don't have any children and I don't want children. For one, I don't want to mess up a child like my mother messed me up. More importantly, I am too interested in my hobbies and passions and being forced to take care of a child would take time away from doing things that I want to do, which is a compromise I am unwilling to make. People that discover how against having children I am usually think I've gone psycho or something lol

I know I'm unfit to be a parent so I don't plan on having children. I don't see how hard it can be for other people to think the same way.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:34 AM   #139
DarknessIsMyFriend
Supreme Being

3 yr Member
603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

On an off note, I seriously think this thread needs to be stickied and renamed "The official intelligent people thread".

I've had more enlightened conversation in this one thread on here than I have had in my entire previous 3 years as a member on here combined. That's saying something.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-24-2019, 03:42 AM   #140
Anonymous55888
Anonymous55888 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
It almost seems like to me many people are guided mostly by their primal instincts and lack the intellectual capacity to question why they "need" children.

I'm going on 28, yet I don't have any children and I don't want children. For one, I don't want to mess up a child like my mother messed me up. More importantly, I am too interested in my hobbies and passions and being forced to take care of a child would take time away from doing things that I want to do, which is a compromise I am unwilling to make. ...

I know I'm unfit to be a parent so I don't plan on having children. I don't see how hard it can be for other people to think the same way.
The bolded text are very good points, and they are related. There is a philosophy called anti-natalism. Unlike the second reason you mentioned, where you don't want to have children because you need your time and freedom to pursue your goals (reasons that concern you), this philosophy is more related to your first reason, where your concern is the child and not you. However, it goes beyond it to say that all humans have the obligation to stop procreating altogether and go extinct by choice, because no matter what life you have, it's full of suffering. In other words Better to Never Have Been. However, I think for most humans the instinct of life and procreating are stronger than the desire to end suffering. In a sense, we are imprisoned in life; I think we procreate to ease our own suffering, but in the process, we create new lives to go through the same suffering and process again. There is no escape from its suffering but by extinction by an external force, like an asteroid.