Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 09-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #31
rdgrad15
Poohbah
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy and maintain a positive mental attitude! :)

My Mood: Freezing up and not knowing what to say right away when falsely accused of something

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given
Default Re: Freezing up and not knowing what to say right away when falsely accused of someth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsdwhoa View Post
That could be the case honestly. I know for a fact that that happens to me. Whenever I would dare speak up to my grandma she would get down right violent. Mind you I'm 29 not 5. Two adults should be able to talk and perhaps disagree without getting like that. Even if they are family. But she was so used to me never speaking up and being the dominant one that she couldn't handle me putting up boundaries. So, she had A LOT of derogatory things to say about me. A lot of people are shocked when I stand up for myself.
Yeah same, I never stand up for myself in an arrogant rude way, but at the same time when I do, I am firm which lets the person know they canít walk over me.
rdgrad15 is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #32
cptsdwhoa

cptsdwhoa Keep hope alive

My Mood: Freezing up and not knowing what to say right away when falsely accused of something

112 hugs
given
Default Re: Freezing up and not knowing what to say right away when falsely accused of someth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Yeah same, I never stand up for myself in an arrogant rude way, but at the same time when I do, I am firm which lets the person know they canít walk over me.
EXACTLY! Some people can't handle that, but truly once you've tried and tried (explained and explained) sometimes you just have to be firm. Like you said, not in an arrogant or rude way. Just firm. They have to respect that.
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #33
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
EXACTLY! Some people can't handle that, but truly once you've tried and tried (explained and explained) sometimes you just have to be firm. Like you said, not in an arrogant or rude way. Just firm. They have to respect that.
Exactly! I totally agree. People who are older are the worst in this case.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #34
cptsdwhoa

cptsdwhoa Keep hope alive

112 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Exactly! I totally agree. People who are older are the worst in this case.
Haha I think it has something to do with a respect thing. Like respecting our elders. The problem is just because you're my elder doesn't mean you can treat me any old way!
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #35
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Haha I think it has something to do with a respect thing. Like respecting our elders. The problem is just because you're my elder doesn't mean you can treat me any old way!
Exactly. And it could even be people who are just like ten years older than me. Basically anyone with at least a ten year gap and who may believe they have some sort of authority over me. But yeah people my own age can do this too but yeah I agree, just because someone is older doesn't give them a free ticket to walk over others that are younger.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #36
Liamlll
Liamlll has no updates.

Stay grounded

Donít be submissive but donít be over aggressive either

Make eye contact stay with your emotions

If it was me Iíd say something like

I get that your annoyed at whatís happened but I canít do anything to help you mate because itís nothing to do with me
Liamlll is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #37
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamlll View Post
Stay grounded

Donít be submissive but donít be over aggressive either

Make eye contact stay with your emotions

If it was me Iíd say something like

I get that your annoyed at whatís happened but I canít do anything to help you mate because itís nothing to do with me
Totally agree with you and yeah I need to say something like that.
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #38
Mountaindewed
Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
40 hugs
given

I donít really get accused of anything. The only thing that happened recently was a manager at work asking what happened to something that I put out. I really didnít know what happened to it. Thereís a good chance I did damage it. I wasnít 100% sure though. I told him I donít know, that it might have come like that, but it was hard getting out of the box. He gave me a look but didnít comment any further.

I just kept calm during the situation.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old Today, 01:23 AM   #39
rdgrad15
Poohbah

2 yr Member
196 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I donít really get accused of anything. The only thing that happened recently was a manager at work asking what happened to something that I put out. I really didnít know what happened to it. Thereís a good chance I did damage it. I wasnít 100% sure though. I told him I donít know, that it might have come like that, but it was hard getting out of the box. He gave me a look but didnít comment any further.

I just kept calm during the situation.
Oh okay yeah that can happen to at times. At least he didnít just start yelling at you. Sounds like he may have suspected you but gave you the benefit of the doubt.