Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

My Mood: Weight loss and exercise #2

493 hugs
given
Default Re: Weight loss and exercise #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylin View Post
I am attending my second yoga class on Tuesday,but the diet isn't going too well so far.I have not been able to stick to 1000 calories a day,it is too few calories for me,so might have to rethink things.I have cut down on potatoes,I am eating less cheese and I have stopped pepsi and coke and stuck to carbonated water.That is an improvement as I was drinking pepsi with my meals.I haven't entirely resisted desserts.But keeping the yoga up will be an achievement.
1000 is too little for anyone. 1200 is the recommended healthy minimum for a sedentary woman and it should be higher if active to reflect additional calories burned.
|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|
UpDownAround is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 10-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #22
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

Pretty much break-even day yesterday, I think. Hard to be sure with sporadic TRX exercise, walking a couple of miles and mowing lawn. My best guess at calories burned could be off by 200 either way. On the other side of the equation were some estimated baked goods.

I have managed to stay below my cap, but I am close enough to it that it gives me a lot of anxiety. I manage to have enough discipline to stay just below it but have had trouble pushing a little harder to drop a few and give me more breathing room and less anxiety.

I will do more sporadic TRX today, workout at PF in the morning and weigh on Tuesday.

EDIT: Downloading and testing interval timers for circuit training. Setting up 15 minute workouts. Will probably get in 3 or 4. Tried 75 seconds of exercise, 15 seconds to prepare for next, 10 rounds for 15:00 and that seemed about right. Mixed in a couple of sets of shin touch windmills to give my arms a break. Even though I am doing arms, legs and core on the TRX there is always some arm involvement. I have found a number of exercises I can do for 75 seconds at reasonable intensity and still be able to do something different 15 seconds later. Just have to move between muscle groups and not do any of the exercises that are too hard and not get the angle too low (how you adjust the weight on TRX is move your feet forward (assuming you are facing where it is hung), lower angle and reducing how much body weight the feet support).
EDIT 2: Going to switch to 80/10 testing next timer. Was sort of doing that anyway (starting before it said to if I was ready).
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|lamictal, straterra
|

Last edited by UpDownAround; 10-14-2018 at 01:25 PM..
Old 10-14-2018, 06:35 PM   #23
Mountaindewed
Elder

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was still 157.8 today. Iím not sure on how many calories I had today. I have down 1,095 but I didnít eat all of my 385 calorie snack and I have no idea on how many calories my one cup of homemade turkey soup with noodles was. I put it at 300.

I really wanted to get ice cream from sonic today. I chugged a couple diet drinks and I made a grilled chicken burrito instead and I was fine.

Iíll see on Tuesday what I weigh.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #24
Tucson
Magnate
Tucson Anxious and a bit paranoid

3 yr Member
12 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I am still here. It has been a few days of no exercise. Not good. Things to do and chilly outside. I should of exercised anyway. I will weigh myself tomorrow. My target is 2200. I have consumed 2204 calories today. I will definitely exercise tomorrow.

@UpDownAround:

[snip]

ďbut I am also going to spend a little time figuring out a good routine using what I have as a "home gym" - TRX, a kettlebell (18#, I think), a small selection of dumbbells, pull up bar and exercise ball.Ē

[snip]

This sounds interesting. What equipment do I need? Is this equipment also at the fitness center? What kind of routine do you use to exercise the individual muscle groups? What is a ďTRXĒ? Exersize ball?
Old 10-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #25
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

I am using the TRX (actually an eBay clone I got for $20) almost exclusively now.

YouTube
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|lamictal, straterra
|
Old 10-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #26
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

Went over a bit more than planned yesterday, ~350. Given that goal was a deficit, really more like 200 or less above maintenance. Had a good workout at PF this morning and planning to paddle this afternoon; 81 degrees forecast today and no other day above 70 in long range forecast. Again the challenge is controlling the monster that my appetite has become lately.
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|lamictal, straterra
|
Old 10-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #27
Mountaindewed
Elder

2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I didnít do a morning or afternoon weigh in today. Iím doing a morning weigh in tomorrow though. I got sonic today but I managed to work it into my 1,200 calories. I had a string cheese and a diet Snapple for a morning snack at work which was 75 calories and then the Sonic was 790 and the soup which I still really have no idea is about 300 calories. My stress has been a little bit better today.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #28
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

I was over 500 below goal yesterday because of all the exercise. I weighed in at 157 this morning. I will do some TRX circuits at home today and try to step up the intensity a bit.

EDIT - A little touch of vanity...
I have gone up a few pounds from the low I hit, but have stayed in maintenance range. From looking in the mirror and from how clothes fit, it's not fat, it's muscle. This makes me feel a bit better about that gain. I still want to trim back down a little; abs are starting to show.
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|lamictal, straterra
|

Last edited by UpDownAround; 10-16-2018 at 08:57 AM..
Old 10-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #29
Mountaindewed
Elder

2 yr Member
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was 156.8 today. My next weigh in wonít be until a week from Thursday. We are having family over and they are staying in the room where the scale is. So I canít weigh on Sunday and I am working all the other mornings. Iím hoping by then Iíll be at 155. Iím just going to continue with my 1,200 calorie goal.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #30
Marylin
Grand Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

3 yr Member
716 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I woke up with a chest cold and I didn't have enough sleep.Consequently I missed my yoga class.The yoga teacher was very good about it and said she would help me catch up next week.I went to the cinema complex and had lunch and to the bank and post office.I was extremely tired and extremely depressed....I am still in a very low mood,and I feel terrible.
Marylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: