Marylin
Poohbah

Marylin has no updates.

My Mood: Weight loss and exercise #2

3 yr Member
657 hugs
given
Default Re: Weight loss and exercise #2

I have not lost weight but neither have I gained weight.So I am regarding that as a plus.In the new year I will redouble my efforts to cut high sugar and junk treats out of my diet.I have been measuring my sugars and they have come down.So things are not too bad really.They have been and could be far worse.I am going to the doctor tomorrow to have blood taken for my annual diabetic review.
Marylin is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #202
Tucson
Magnate
Tucson Anxious and a bit paranoid

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Another day at 170 pounds. I started really late having my first meal. Great. No way will I make my target of 2500 calories. I have to stop doing this. There is no reason for this. If I am in a hurry, I can make a couple quesadillas, or even a PBJ sandwich which has allot of calories. Otherwise, when I wake up in the morning, that is when I need to eat my breakfast. This will be a good start to the day.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #203
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I had a deep fried Twinkie for dessert. But the grocery kind and not the carnival kind. So it only had 220 calories. I also had an entire bag of frozen zucchini. Which had 75 calories. My calories today ended up being around 1,215. Iím hoping to be 152 tomorrow. Itís funny to go from 150 exactly to 153.8 in just one day, and then really having to work to get that almost 4 pounds off that came on so quickly. It just goes to show that maintaining will take a lot of work.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #204
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was 151 exactly today. Iíve had 710 calories so far today. Iím not sure what Iíll be having for the rest of the day but Iím trying to stay around 1200 again.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #205
Tucson
Magnate

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Weight loss and exercise #s

Yet another day at 170 pounds. I have been at 170 for about two weeks. There are a couple exceptions. I ran about two miles. I am out of shape. This is what happens if I do not run for a month and a half. My heart rate topped out at 80 bpm. Probably not a good idea.

I think I know why I am gaining weight, albiet slowly. I had started to not exercise eliminating that as a variable. I stood with 2500 which I though would help me gain some weight. So apparently I have been gaining weight. Also a couple weks ago, I had a total of a rack and a half of ribs. This amounted to maybe 800 or 900 calories per day. This probably helped too. I also did not closely track my calories back then.

Before then, I was using a base of I think 2200 calories. Between this and having days where I came up short, I think this is what helped me lose weight. I had been basing my calories burned using my MET approach, which started I think sometime in October. When I did this, I appeared to have been able to maintain my weight for a significant period of time. Since I am exercising now, we will see where the MET approach takes me this time. So 2200 may be where I can keep my weight stable as long as I consistently meet my target. At 2500 calories, I appear to gain weight very slowly, but at least I am gaining weight.

Last edited by Tucson; 12-05-2018 at 07:51 PM..
Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:32 AM   #206
Tucson
Magnate

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I have consumed 3000 calries. I do not know what got into me. I ate TWO cups of icecream. I burned only 213 calories, which makes for a target of 2713 calories. This is 300 calories over. This means 2200 calorie target for tomorrow. I am not exercising tomorrow. I will exercise every other day until I get in better shape, like I was a month and a half ago.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #207
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I was 150.2 today. I had 850 calories so far today. Iím not really sure what else Iíll be eating today. Iím pretty sure though based on my stress levels and how my stomach is in knots, that Iíll be under 150 tomorrow.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:06 AM   #208
Tucson
Magnate

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

170 pounds. I have consumed 2,382 calories today. I still have the overage of 30 calories from yesterday. No exercise today. I will exercise tomorrow to burn off the overage.

PS I wonder what happened to UpDownAround?
Old 12-07-2018, 07:01 AM   #209
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

@Tucson - I meant to post a couple of days ago and forgot to click the Post button.

I weighed 157 a couple of days ago. Yesterday I didn't log about 80 minutes of cardio and went only a little over 1500. Today I did 50 minutes of cardio and haven't logged it; debating whether or not to log any calories for it. I weigh tomorrow. I hope to get in the low 150s before Christmas.
|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|
UpDownAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #210
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I had a cup of macaroni and cheese last night which had 250 calories. My calories ended up being 1100 for the day. I just didnít feel like eating much after a stressful event.

Today my weight was finally 149.6. I have a full day planned that includes a bag of vegetables, a granola bar, and some string cheese along with 2 actual meals. It all adds up to just over 1200 calories.