Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >

advertisement

Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #11
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

LiteraryLark Two confirmed A's in math and psych, final grades in English revealed tomorrow! Woooohoooo!

My Mood: I Need a Cheerleader!

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Need a Cheerleader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Thats a 5k every day! Thats fantastic!

I read those articles about "12 of the best foods" and "8 of the highest nutrition" blah blah blah and i usually hit every one EXCEPT olive oil - i use grapeseed or walnut or avocado or sesame; chia seeds - i think theyre just gross! And eggs - my dr says whites only for me. But otherwise i eat berries, greek yogurt, oatmeal, greens, fish, nuts, fruit - then yeah i also eat off-stuff, but the majority is good stuff. It makes a difference.
Thank you Miss Una! I'm definitely sluggish today but I have the next two days free and I'm planning on getting a big workout in!
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

unaluna - Lee Van Cleef fangirl

5 yr Member
39.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I recently read something that said to NOT plan your day off, but to take it when you are too tired. Thats what i try to follow. I dont want to not exercise if i do have the energy. Like i reeeeally dont need an excuse not to exercise! That seems to be working better for me.

I told my t today, "i seem to be building up more - uh, whats the opposite of inertia?" He goes, "momentum." Im like, its not a good sign that i couldnt think of the word!
unaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #13
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

LiteraryLark Two confirmed A's in math and psych, final grades in English revealed tomorrow! Woooohoooo!

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I recently read something that said to NOT plan your day off, but to take it when you are too tired. Thats what i try to follow. I dont want to not exercise if i do have the energy. Like i reeeeally dont need an excuse not to exercise! That seems to be working better for me.
Can you clarify a little more? I'm a bit confused by what you mean.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #14
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I Need a Cheerleader!

I Need a Cheerleader!

I Need a Cheerleader!

Guess who just walked--and jogged--FIVE MILES today!? The blue dots are the number of laps around the track I did (4.5mi) and the half mile is to and from the track. After seeing my hand Mamma gave me a counter that fits on my finger! She said she bought it years ago and never used it...and it still works! Yay! I am so happy with my progress but I definitely feel the burn!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #15
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

My besties and I hit the trail at the local county park and walked 4 miles! We all felt great...sorta...K and I are regular hikers but the other two girls not so much...but we all did it and we all felt pretty good about ourselves!

So the grand total for this week for me is 21.2 miles!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 AM   #16
Anonymous57777
Anonymous57777 has no updates. Edit

LiteraryLark,
So glad you are walking! I have been walking an hour a day for the past 2 years. After you do this regularly for a while, you will start looking forward to it. You know how their are people who lose weight but then it comes back again? I think this is much less likely to happen when we are exercising regularly. My weight has gone up and down my entire life but it is much more stable when I am exercising regulary. And I am sure you know about many of the health benefits like even if you are overweight it makes you less likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes and it keeps your blood pressure down. I think walking can fuel your creativity because, on a very long walk, you can get yourself into a "meditative state" in which you sometimes remember important things, think of a solution to a problem, or if you are a writer, come up with more material. It will become more and more enjoyable if you do it regularly. So glad you are walking now!!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #17
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thank you Hoping Trying!

This is the end of week two and tomorrow the beginning of week three. To recap the past two weeks, week one I ate 100% healthy but more calories I could burn, no walking, gained four pounds.

This week I walked 21.2 miles, ate 100% healthy within the correct calories count, but I am overwhelmed and worried because I got careless on girl's night last night and ate about 1500 calories with dinner (garlic bread and pizza), drinks (a glass of a tbsp of grenadine and a shot of malibu with diet 7up is 105 calories) and snacks.

I feel that craziness completely ruined my progress and I feel so terrible about it. I know it's a big set-back, but I also know that no matter what the scales says I should be really proud of myself for what I have accomplished the past two weeks. What I ate and the amount I ate at girl's night was basically what I used to consume at almost every meal every single day with no exercise and a daily consumption 3-5+ alcohlic drinks/shots. So in two weeks I've made some vast improvements in what I am consuming and what I am burning off. But still...I do obsess with the mirror and I am dreading the scale tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #18
MoxieDoxie
Magnate

MoxieDoxie trust is a myth and caring is a painful lie

5 yr Member
317 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
Thank you Hoping Trying!

This is the end of week two and tomorrow the beginning of week three. To recap the past two weeks, week one I ate 100% healthy but more calories I could burn, no walking, gained four pounds.

This week I walked 21.2 miles, ate 100% healthy within the correct calories count, but I am overwhelmed and worried because I got careless on girl's night last night and ate about 1500 calories with dinner (garlic bread and pizza), drinks (a glass of a tbsp of grenadine and a shot of malibu with diet 7up is 105 calories) and snacks.

I feel that craziness completely ruined my progress and I feel so terrible about it. I know it's a big set-back, but I also know that no matter what the scales says I should be really proud of myself for what I have accomplished the past two weeks. What I ate and the amount I ate at girl's night was basically what I used to consume at almost every meal every single day with no exercise and a daily consumption 3-5+ alcohlic drinks/shots. So in two weeks I've made some vast improvements in what I am consuming and what I am burning off. But still...I do obsess with the mirror and I am dreading the scale tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Have you tried a nutritionist. Even if insurance does not cover it perhaps you could afford 1 or 2 sessions. They will give you exactly how much to eat and what to pick from what food groups. I see a nutritionist and it I know exactly what I can eat at each meal and at the end of the day I check to see if I have not eaten something like I am missing a serving of diary or a serving of fruit or I did not eat at least 2 cups of veggies. I have a list of portion sizes for each.
MoxieDoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #19
LiteraryLark
((Vampire Chick))

8 yr Member
942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I lost an even SIX POUNDS this week! WOO HOOOOOO!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #20
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

unaluna - Lee Van Cleef fangirl

5 yr Member
39.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!